Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

Back to the league games.

The North Country visits the Capital District.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

I talked with RHamilton last night, and he will be contacting the right people to ask if RPITV can stream these (RPI) games. I will let everyone know how that goes and if necessary, who to send an email to share you opinions about B2 / RPITV to.
    Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

I'll be up for atleast SLU/RPI... dunno about SLU/Union.

Comment

I'll be at one of the games, right now I am leaning towards Clarkson.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Bring 'em on-let's play some old fashioned hockey. Let's Go Red!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Bring 'em on-let's play some old fashioned hockey. LGT LGT LGT!!!!
            Fixed your post Doc HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              Fixed your post Doc HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
              To you too Vic. Hoping all is well and wishing you a healthy new year. This year the rivalry is certainly going to be there. These 2 games are going to be hard fought rock em sock em hokcey. I just want the games decided on the ice and not by some official's call. Right now I have to put RPI as the slight favorite-but those of us who have been around since Charlemagne know that means nothing when these teams get together. I want to see big crowds at HFH like the old days. ECAC hockey is on the way up and we are going to get a chane to see to see it at it's best.

Comment

To you too Vic. Hoping all is well and wishing you a healthy new year. This year the rivalry is certainly going to be there. These 2 games are going to be hard fought rock em sock em hokcey. I just want the games decided on the ice and not by some official's call. Right now I have to put RPI as the slight favorite-but those of us who have been around since Charlemagne know that means nothing when these teams get together. I want to see big crowds at HFH like the old days. ECAC hockey is on the way up and we are going to get a chane to see to see it at it's best.
                Good luck with that, it's during winter break.

Comment

ECAC hockey is on the way up and we are going to get a chance to see to see it at it's best.
                  Looking at the results this year one would certainly feel the ECAC is on the way up. Either that or the other conferences are on the way down. I actually think "parity" is starting to come to college hockey a bit more than in years past and while a couple of conferences still are dominant.....we aren't a distant fourth like in years past. Just look at the results from this week (except for Cornell). RPI winning, Q Pac sweeping UNO, Union taking out Minnesota at their barn, Princeton winning albeit against not that great competition.......Yale at the top of the polls.

I think we will find out a lot about how "resurgent" Clarkson really is in their back to backs against Minnesota-Duluth and my guess is playing Monday and Tuesday against a quality opponent they could come into the Capitol City a bit tired. I've seen Clarkson play twice (SLU in Lake Placid and on the road against Q Pac) and they are much improved.
                  To show you how things have changed in the ECAC in terms of who rules the roost, in my time rooting for SLU (which certainly doesn't date back to Charlemagne) I used to think a trip to New Haven/Brown would yield four points and a trip to the Capitol City would yield 2-4 points for us. Looking at our match ups against Union/RPI if we come away with a point or two I'd be very surprised. I'd also not be surprised to come away with zero. The worm has certainly turned a bit for us. We have a lot of freshman playing, lost a couple of pieces early to the lure of the NHL (Bollig and Stevenson who never got to campus) and I would expect after our games against UNH and Sacred Heart, the goal tending rotation will end and Weninger will be the guy for the second half.
                  I hope to make at least one of the two games if not both.

Happy New Year to all and here's to lot's of ECAC victories against our non conference opponents. In conference..... it's each man, woman and child for themselves!!!
                  SLU

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Good luck with that, it's during winter break.
                    FD-Back in the old days-winter break did not lower the attendance all that much. partially because the opposition used to bring many more fans than they do now. Vermont, Clarkson, SLU and Cornell use to fill a couple of sections. Also there was a good turnout of townies and locals-but that was all before the abiity to either listen or watch every game on the internet. Things change, obviously, but a team that has won 11 games already, and most of them in the last few moments, should be able to draw a decent crowd. I can't think of much in Troy that is more exciting than RPI hockey-especially when they are winning. Well, I do recall that blonde in North Troy years ago.....

Comment

FD-Back in the old days-winter break did not lower the attendance all that much. partially because the opposition used to bring many more fans than they do now. Vermont, Clarkson, SLU and Cornell use to fill a couple of sections. Also there was a good turnout of townies and locals-but that was all before the abiity to either listen or watch every game on the internet. Things change, obviously, but a team that has won 11 games already, and most of them in the last few moments, should be able to draw a decent crowd. I can't think of much in Troy that is more exciting than RPI hockey-especially when they are winning. Well, I do recall that blonde in North Troy years ago.....
                      I hope you are talking about Jenny.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I hope you are talking about Jenny.
                        Nope-the pre Jenny era. Extended from the dark ages until February 12th, 1975.

Comment

Nope-the pre Jenny era. Extended from the dark ages until February 12th, 1975.
                          Happy 36th on the horizon. And here's to some great hockey this weekend... looks like I'll be free to see Friday's game. Who else is going this weekend?
                          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                            Happy 36th on the horizon. And here's to some great hockey this weekend... looks like I'll be free to see Friday's game. Who else is going this weekend?
                            I'll be at RPI for the RPI-Clarkson game. First time I'll be seeing a match-up between my school and my sisters if you don't count when the Clarkson Pep Band showed up at Lake Placid last October.

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                              Thank you Fr Joe-I never thought I could get along with anyone for almost 36 years. More important, I was sure no one could tolerate me that long.

Comment

Working...
                              X