Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
    I'll be at RPI for the RPI-Clarkson game. First time I'll be seeing a match-up between my school and my sisters if you don't count when the Clarkson Pep Band showed up at Lake Placid last October.
    Do you know if Clarkson's Pep Band is going to be at the game next weekend? More importantly, is our band actually going to be there?
    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
      Do you know if Clarkson's Pep Band is going to be at the game next weekend? More importantly, is our band actually going to be there?
      I know the RPI band will not be there on the 7th since students aren't back until the 21st. A few of us will be there, but just watching the game.

I don't think the Clarkson Pep Band is coming but I'll ask my sister if she knows anyone she can find out from.

Edit: Since classes don't start until the 24th of January I'm pretty sure Pep Band's next weekend is the 28th/29th, for Brown and Yale and Big Red Freakout!
      Last edited by RKarger; 01-02-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I know the RPI band will not be there on the 7th since students aren't back until the 21st. A few of us will be there, but just watching the game.

I don't think the Clarkson Pep Band is coming but I'll ask my sister if she knows anyone she can find out from.

Edit: Since classes don't start until the 24th of January I'm pretty sure Pep Band's next weekend is the 28th/29th, for Brown and Yale and Big Red Freakout!
        I still remember when we put together a skeleton band for a Union women's weekend during winter break, and also a Thanksgiving game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I still remember when we put together a skeleton band for a Union women's weekend during winter break, and also a Thanksgiving game.
          Wow, that sounds great. When were you at RPI?

Comment

Wow, that sounds great. When were you at RPI?
            2004-08, hence the 08 in my screen name.

Comment

2004-08, hence the 08 in my screen name.
              That number could mean anything. Mine's 12 because I was born on the 12th and 12 is my lucky number. I graduate in 2011, not 2012.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

It's been said many times before - the pep bands over the last few years just don't seem to have as much dedication or interest. It's sad, especially now that the team is on its rapid ascension.
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
                  I talked with RHamilton last night, and he will be contacting the right people to ask if RPITV can stream these (RPI) games. I will let everyone know how that goes and if necessary, who to send an email to share you opinions about B2 / RPITV to.
                  Any news / update / request for us, the viewers, to do anything?
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Big win by the saints tonight....this is shaping up to be an interesting weekend...looking forward to some good hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      Any news / update / request for us, the viewers, to do anything?
                      We're waiting to hear back from Athletics about this weekend.

Kevin Beattie (beattk@rpi.edu), RPI's Sports Information Director, is the probably the best person to share your opinions about Video Streaming. Feel free to CC or BCC rpitv@union.rpi.edu with your comments.
                      RPI Class of 2012
                      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        It's been said many times before - the pep bands over the last few years just don't seem to have as much dedication or interest. It's sad, especially now that the team is on its rapid ascension.
                        I'm a freshman, so I can't say anything on the last few years, but I know it's been strange this year since the stage is gone, and we're up in the rafters of section 13. Regardless of whether Pep Band has been lacking interest, it was the highlight of my first semester at RPI and really the only reason I got at all interested in hockey.

Comment

I'm a freshman, so I can't say anything on the last few years, but I know it's been strange this year since the stage is gone, and we're up in the rafters of section 13. Regardless of whether Pep Band has been lacking interest, it was the highlight of my first semester at RPI and really the only reason I got at all interested in hockey.
                          Glad you are here-stick with RPI hockey and you will become addicted like the rest of us. Addicted? No I think more like certifiable.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I suspect that it has been mentioned before, but is the stage at the east end of the HFH eventually coming back?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

...having the band ON STAGE was one of the things I fell in love with my first game. The excitement it created was tremendous. Sadly, those who make decisions today don't seem to understand any of this. It's much more important to create "the Pulpit" overlooking the little people below. By the way, can that construction go any slower....it's embarassing, as an RPI supporter, to walk into the HFH after a couple of weekends off and see what little if any progress had been made....yes, it does ..ss me off
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I suspect that it has been mentioned before, but is the stage at the east end of the HFH eventually coming back?
                                I'll try to find out when I get back to RPI.

Comment

Working...
                                X