Clear All

• Northfield Savings Bank Tournament Week is Here

Friday 1PM-Adrian vs Manhattanville
    4PM-Nichols at Norwich

Saturday 4PM-Consolation
    7PM-Championship

What do you think?
    Who is the favorite?
    Is Adrian/Manhattanville the top Holiday tournament matchup of them all?
    Can Nichols pull the shocker ... or would it really be a shocker at all?
    Who's coming?

The site is now open!

Re: Northfield Savings Bank Tournament Week is Here

I'll be there...............
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Except for Nichols, it looks like a strong field. Looking forward to a chance to see Adrian.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing the Adrian vs Manhattanville matchup. I would not sell Nichols short, they lost to Babson by just one goal. I got to think Adrian can get past Manhattanville is a very close one goal game. A Norwich vs Adrian final would be really something to watch.
        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

I will definitely be at the tournament, and will probably watch the Adrian/Manhattanville game before Wick takes the ice against Nichols. My one concern about the weekend.... wasn't it Manhattanville that got very "physical" with Norwich causing the Cadets to sit players who retaliated? From what I can remember, Mville takes a lot of penalties so I am glad we don't necessarily have to play them. I would like to see us play Adrian just to see if all the hype about them is real, can they play like St. Norberts? See you Friday night!
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
            I will definitely be at the tournament, and will probably watch the Adrian/Manhattanville game before Wick takes the ice against Nichols. My one concern about the weekend.... wasn't it Manhattanville that got very "physical" with Norwich causing the Cadets to sit players who retaliated? From what I can remember, Mville takes a lot of penalties so I am glad we don't necessarily have to play them. I would like to see us play Adrian just to see if all the hype about them is real, can they play like St. Norberts? See you Friday night!
            Best be there Friday afternoon, because Friday night is too late
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Some things I noticed looking at the teams was Adrian 5-2 win over the Czech Under-18 team (assumption that Czech team has a lot of good players), Nichols 5-2 win over a good Babson team, and Manhattanville overall tough schedule with a win over Amherst (tied with Norwich) and tie with Williams. From looking at the stats and schedules I can not see any clear favorite between Adrian, Manhattanville, and Norwich. Norwich fans will be watching to see if the defensive zone coverage will improve and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines start scoring more. Norwich has got Nichols, Manhattanville/Adrian, Plattsburgh, Bowdoin, Colby, so the next couple of weeks will probable define the season.

Out of town fans looking for a place might look at the following:
              Capital Plaza
              Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood
              Hilltop Inn - at $68. a night
              Days Inn Barre/Montpelier
              Hollow Inn and Motel - $65 a night
              Econo Lodge Montpelier

Sarducci's in Montelier is a good restaurant but the reservations are starting to fill up.
              Last edited by hawk; 12-27-2010, 12:28 PM.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Manhattanville's Assistant Coach Phil Grady might have go against his alma mater.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  I dont think that Adrian are a bunch of choir boys either , as I remmber it got chippy in the Oz game last yr........Good luck and beat'em both..........research done...Adrian 14 penalties for 55 mins, Oz 11 for 22, so heads up cadets if ya Play'em, pretty sure it got chippy in the 3rd which cost adrian a close game or a win.
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-27-2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

A few things ...
                    ... Nichols did not lose to Babson by a goal ... they BEAT Babson at Babson 5-2 ... you're right though ... definitely NOT a team to be looking past.
                    ... It was not Manhattanville that created that situation a few years ago leading to all the suspended players ... it was Wentworth in the final game of the first semester! Having said that both M-Ville and Adrian can get physical so that could be a really donnybrook ...
                    ... Remember on New Year's Eve they are afternoon games ... 1 and 4 PM

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      I dont think that Adrian are a bunch of choir boys either , as I remmber it got chippy in the Oz game last yr........Good luck and beat'em both..........research done...Adrian 14 penalties for 55 mins, Oz 11 for 22, so heads up cadets if ya Play'em, pretty sure it got chippy in the 3rd which cost adrian a close game or a win.
                      Got that right, Drafty - Adrian was more than a bit chippy at the CC last year...perhaps another year has brought some additional wisdom...we shall see.
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

With Utica trying to jump ship from the EcacW to the SUNYAC you got to wonder if the Manhattanville AD/Coaches are going to discuss the possibility of joining the East in a couple of years. Maybe I don't see the big picture but it sure looks like a win/win for both Manhattanville and the EcacE.
                        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

You don't.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            A few things ...
                            ... Nichols did not lose to Babson by a goal ... they BEAT Babson at Babson 5-2 ... you're right though ... definitely NOT a team to be looking past.
                            ... It was not Manhattanville that created that situation a few years ago leading to all the suspended players ... it was Wentworth in the final game of the first semester! Having said that both M-Ville and Adrian can get physical so that could be a really donnybrook ...
                            ... Remember on New Year's Eve they are afternoon games ... 1 and 4 PM
                            Thanks PuckVoice and NU Prof, I know the games are 1 and 4 PM but I am so use to going to the Berg on Friday nights, I didn't think about it. It looks like Nichols could give us a run for the money and no matter who we play, it should be great hockey. Again, it seems that Norwich hosts the premiere holiday tournament as far as quality teams go. I am really looking forward to the games and hope to ring in the New Year with some quality wins
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                              With Utica trying to jump ship from the EcacW to the SUNYAC you got to wonder if the Manhattanville AD/Coaches are going to discuss the possibility of joining the East in a couple of years. Maybe I don't see the big picture but it sure looks like a win/win for both Manhattanville and the EcacE.
                              If M'ville were to join the east I can think of a couple of teams that would drop out of the East for various reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X