Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    Unfortunately the W wasn't enough to push BC to #1 in PWR.
    The only way we pass Yale is 1) they lose at a minimum 2 TUC games, or 2) They lose to Colgate.

Regardless of what their RPI is.

Weird, right?
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-14-2011, 11:26 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      The only way we pass Yale is 1) they lose at a minimum 2 TUC games, or 2) They lose to Colgate.

Regardless of what their RPI is.

Weird, right?
      We can pass them if they start losing comparisons to other schools too. But their stupidly easy ECAC (that is why they call them the EZAC) schedule along with their soft OOC schedule pretty much has them locked in at the top.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Congrats on the Pot

As for the current conversation... BC would destroy Yale in the tournament, I wouldn't worry about it.
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

This senior class of BC has already accomplished more than any other with 2 NCAA's, 3 Beanpots, 2 HE Tournaments and it would be amazing if they keep adding on trophies to their accomplishments.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Where is Kenny? I know he's in all his glory tonight

Can't wait to watch this on DVR and point out all the horrific defensive mistakes

But ya, obviously something needs to be said for finding various ways to win games. Whether it be fighting the officials last week or fighting themselves this week (and a great effort from NU)...

Even when BC has faltered late in games over the last couple years, this group has found ways to pull it out.

Comment

i agree, the cream rises to the top. NU gave BC the game of their lives and the eagles just withstood it. 4 goals from the kreider line cant be overstated enough when the top line was off the score sheet (and in the box) the whole night. but i also thought arnold's goal was a real back-breaker with the delayed penalty call. that kid is all heart.

tough night for #1, probably not a whole lot he could have done on those goals. but he probably would have liked to have stole the game with that sixth one so we could have all spent more time drinking in the bars before last call!
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Guilty. Though the new fiancée and future Mrs. TonyTheTiger20 wanted to watch the game on TV with me, which was nice. True love

I sold my ticket to the finals on my own, apparently she didn't know I did it.
                lol, love is bliss..................for a while seems as though you have a winner there . JD has the right idea i think
                Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-15-2011, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  Ho Hum. The program, the players, York are the best. Congrats. Its like why everyone roots for Tiger Woods, you want to feel part of the invincibility.
                  thanks,much appreciated......... but unlike Tiger because no one roots for us except us while people DO root for Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    thanks,much appreciated......... but unlike Tiger because no one roots for us except us while people DO root for Tiger
                    Who's really rooting for Tiger anymore after the 17 or 20 mistresses??? The people at ESPN?
                    Originally posted by Bakunin
                    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Ya, it certainly will go down as a tough night for Muse, but he didn't have much help in front of him at all. Just for discussion purposes, I'm gonna take a look at the goals later.

Steve, I had the same thoughts about the top line. No production, too many PIMs. With their ability to cycle, maybe the Mullane line will become the true go to line...

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                        Who's really rooting for Tiger anymore after the 17 or 20 mistresses??? The people at ESPN?
                        sure, but think before that................also, here is a piece from friend of BC hockey, Globe writer Nancy Marrapeese-Burrell or how ever she spells it. the look on her face during the interview when the guy said "it's not the BU Invitational anymore" looked a bit like Gene D at last years victory celebration. http://www.boston.com/sports/college...marrapese.html

Comment

Congrats now on the upcoming national championship! Now we won't even have our back-to-back over all y'all anymore.

Great....
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Where is Kenny? I know he's in all his glory tonight

Can't wait to watch this on DVR and point out all the horrific defensive mistakes

But ya, obviously something needs to be said for finding various ways to win games. Whether it be fighting the officials last week or fighting themselves this week (and a great effort from NU)...

Even when BC has faltered late in games over the last couple years, this group has found ways to pull it out.
                            I mean, we knew it would be a battle right? What can you say about this senior class? They just keep winning big games after big games. Call it luck, call it playing with fire, call it what ever you want, they consistently come through when it matters. NU was up for this game and they have a good team. Give them credit for making it tough on BC. (I know that is hard for you BC perfectionists)

BC sweeps NU this weekend. I think NU gave everything they had on the big stage and it wasn't enough. BC will watch the film, correct what they need to correct and bury them this weekend.

Has the juggernaut been ignited?

Comment

I can't blame Muse for most of those goals last night. The defense was sketchy at best. Samuelsson was a clothes-hanger abortion on that shorthanded goal. I thought the Gibbons-Atkinson-Whitney line was a liability all night. Penalty after penalty, etc. I thought last night may have been Joe Whitney's worst game all year and they never seemed to click. The Kreider line was a beast, though. Good win, but Jerry needs to tighten up the D a bit. I have to think a team like UND would score 6 easily on BC with last night's effort.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Congrats now on the upcoming national championship! Now we won't even have our back-to-back over all y'all anymore.

Great....
                                there he is blowin smoke again..........where is mike milbury, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X