Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    What constitutes a pro? I haven't been able to find anything to confirm this. Enough with your unsubstantiated BS. Just give your opinion on the player and leave other unnamed "sources" out of it.
    How is it unsubstantiated. Have heard direrctly from more than one nhl guy say it, including the NHL guy he works all summer with, who also has several bc players there. Simply shows how little you know about hockey if you say sh** l;ike you did about skating. You are clueless. His play at BC might have been many things but to say he isnt an elite skater is laughable

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Yup and the pros do as well.
      I gotta tell ya, just when you think Hokydad has set the bar for stupidity, you continue to push the envelope. Lyles is an above average skater for his position, to say he'll be the best skater in Hockey East next year is sheer lunacy. For some reason, you've had a pants-tent for this guy ever since he came to BC and if he had the goods, he'd still be at BC. I wish him luck at Lowell, but you need to take a long walk to collect your thoughts sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        I gotta tell ya, just when you think Hokydad has set the bar for stupidity, you continue to push the envelope. Lyles is an above average skater for his position, to say he'll be the best skater in Hockey East next year is sheer lunacy. For some reason, you've had a pants-tent for this guy ever since he came to BC and if he had the goods, he'd still be at BC. I wish him luck at Lowell, but you need to take a long walk to collect your thoughts sometimes.

Do you ever discuss anything without talking about perverted warped sh**? Amazing obsession on your part which probably means only one thing.

If he had the goods he would still be at BC? He left, they asked him to stay. He took a shot, went to a league thousands of miles away in a foreign country with zero connections, dedicated himaself to learning the game and came up smelling like roses. While there has raised NHL guys eyes and spent many hours working with Mark Ferner who has a great rep fior developing Dmen. They have the time to do that, a BC wouldnt. Someone has to be the best skater, it is just an opinion. I believe he is, along with 4 or 5 other guys, like Warsofsky at BU, Kreider at BC and a couple more. Maybe top 5% would have been more reasonable but someone has to be top skater in league.

Comment

How is it unsubstantiated. Have heard direrctly from more than one nhl guy say it, including the NHL guy he works all summer with, who also has several bc players there. Simply shows how little you know about hockey if you say sh** l;ike you did about skating. You are clueless. His play at BC might have been many things but to say he isnt an elite skater is laughable
          Who the F are you? That's exactly why it's unsubstantiated. Not to mention, you haven't provided a link or anything that could confirm what you're saying. Sorry, we have different opinions on what being an elite skater is. In his brief stint at BC, he stumbled and fell down quite a bit. If you thought he was an elite skater at BC, more power to you.

Comment

Do you ever discuss anything without talking about perverted warped sh**? Amazing obsession on your part which probably means only one thing.

If he had the goods he would still be at BC? He left, they asked him to stay. He took a shot, went to a league thousands of miles away in a foreign country with zero connections, dedicated himaself to learning the game and came up smelling like roses. While there has raised NHL guys eyes and spent many hours working with Mark Ferner who has a great rep fior developing Dmen. They have the time to do that, a BC wouldnt. Someone has to be the best skater, it is just an opinion. I believe he is, along with 4 or 5 other guys, like Warsofsky at BU, Kreider at BC and a couple more. Maybe top 5% would have been more reasonable but someone has to be top skater in league.
            He couldn't crack BC's lineup (not a slight considering how deep they are on defense), but it's not like he didn't have a chance. Peter Harrold beat out top recruit Ben Lovejoy a few years ago and forced Lovejoy to transfer. Lyles wasn't good enough, flat out. He wouldn't have been good enough this year either. I dont blame him for transferring, but if kids can play at BC, they do play. I'm happy to hear that he's developed his game, but are you going to say that a year from now people will be talking about Lyles the same way people are talking about Warsofsky?

Comment

Who the F are you? That's exactly why it's unsubstantiated. Not to mention, you haven't provided a link or anything that could confirm what you're saying. Sorry, we have different opinions on what being an elite skater is. In his brief stint at BC, he stumbled and fell down quite a bit. If you thought he was an elite skater at BC, more power to you.
              JD, if you merge what he's saying here with what he's spewing on the UML thread, you'll quickly learn that York only recruits elite players, doesn't develop them at all and the reason why Lyles skates like Apollo Ohno now is because he actually had a coach to develop him in Vernon. In the end, this entire thing is a slap at Jerry York for not giving his binky Lyles a slot as a top 4 defenseman playing ahead of Dumuolin, Wey, Samuelsson and Cross. Take this fool's posts for what they are.

Comment

He couldn't crack BC's lineup (not a slight considering how deep they are on defense), but it's not like he didn't have a chance. Peter Harrold beat out top recruit Ben Lovejoy a few years ago and forced Lovejoy to transfer. Lyles wasn't good enough, flat out. He wouldn't have been good enough this year either. I dont blame him for transferring, but if kids can play at BC, they do play. I'm happy to hear that he's developed his game, but are you going to say that a year from now people will be talking about Lyles the same way people are talking about Warsofsky?
                nope

sure worked out great for harrold, Lovejoy must be angry. Simply shows they screwed up and picked the wrong horse. Harrold was a whipping boy every year he was there.

Comment

JD, if you merge what he's saying here with what he's spewing on the UML thread, you'll quickly learn that York only recruits elite players, doesn't develop them at all and the reason why Lyles skates like Apollo Ohno now is because he actually had a coach to develop him in Vernon. In the end, this entire thing is a slap at Jerry York for not giving his binky Lyles a slot as a top 4 defenseman playing ahead of Dumuolin, Wey, Samuelsson and Cross. Take this fool's posts for what they are.
                  Never said that. said Lyles was to young and to immature to take advantage of opportunity at BC and they didn't have time to teach him. Vernon is a different environment where they have a ton more time to teach and coach the stuff he needed.
                  Neevr once said they taught him to skate. They taught him the game and how to play D. He was an elite skater at BC and still is today.

Comment

sure worked out great for harrold, Lovejoy must be angry. Simply shows they screwed up and picked the wrong horse. Harrold was a whipping boy every year he was there.
                    Honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Peter Harrold was never a whipping boy at BC. By the time York and company helped him DEVELOP, he was a standout over his last two years and was one of the best d-men in the York era at BC. Run along now.

Comment

He was an elite skater at BC
                      So in your world, stumbling/falling down a lot makes someone an elite skater?

Comment

So in your world, stumbling/falling down a lot makes someone an elite skater?
                        Yup, thats it

Comment

Yup, thats it
                          Thanks. All I needed to know.

Comment

honestly, my knowledge of the intricacies of the game pales compared to almost all of you guys but that is what i remember about him and it stuck out really...........that he had a problem stumbling and staying upright on his skates and also, to a lesser degree any pass with any real pace on it he wasn't able to gather in.........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              honestly, my knowledge of the intricacies of the game pales compared to almost all of you guys but that is what i remember about him and it stuck out really...........that he had a problem stumbling and staying upright on his skates and also, to a lesser degree any pass with any real pace on it he wasn't able to gather in.........
                              And I wasn't trying to pass judgment on his time with Vernon as I have not seen him play and will never claim otherwise or that I have inside information on how he's looked/what important people think about him. I was simply commenting on his brief stint with BC. Fast? Yes. Elite skater? Not close.

Comment

I'll probably get crucified for saying this but how bout we chill out just a tad on ripping Hockeydad every time he makes a post? Has he said some foolish things? Probably so, but he's also posted quite a bit of info that ended up being correct. I don't think he comes on here to get ripped, so if you disagree with him, how bout we keep it at least somewhat cordial?? Again, not trying to be Mr Moderator, but it just seems the guy can't even log in without having everyone rip him a new A-hole. Then again it is fun watching the flaming, so I guess I should keep my mouth shut....

Comment

Working...
                                X