X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI at UAH 12/30/10 & 12/31/10

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
    Let's do the time warp again!

Considering that it's the heart of bowl season, wonder who will be at the games? Our coaches and captains will need to bring focus...
    Good point. With the students on break, I wonder just how many people will be in the building for these games. It could be a cold lonely place to play for both teams.
    I remember going to a holiday tournament at RPI in 1993. I got there for the first game which was Army against St. Anselm? (not totally sure of the opponent). There couldn't have been more than a hundred people in the stands for the game. It was a very eerie experience.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

According to UAH 's website (http://www.mae.uah.edu/), the largest major at the school is Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.

Which, considering that the NASA facility is right there in Huntsville, probably isn't quite as surprising as it might otherwise be.

Good thing RPI got hold of Joe Juneau before UAH did.

Comment

RPI game notes http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...110.pdf?id=968
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
          uah hasn't drawn well from the student population when school was in session so I don't think that will be a factor...the early start on friday could be more a factor...
          ....was wondering about "the early start friday" till RB posted the rpinotes....game was moved from 8 pm to 4 pm...thanks
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Any idea if any of the walking wounded will be returning for these games? I can't wait for JFK to come back. We have been pretty solid without him, and he can make a big difference, making us an even better team than the one that beat the USA and BU teams.
            You gotta love that.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Great collection of stats-some really surprising numbers in there. One thing seems for sure-if we score first or lead after 2 periods we are a tough team to come back on. Love seeing all this stuff in one place.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just a reminder that both games are scheduled on the A1/B2 networks. (or whatever their name is).
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

I'm going to have to listen to RPI on WRPI and watch the muted USA-Germany at the same time on TV Love to multitask

Comment

Geof Morris is our guest on the WaP podcast tonight at 8pm Eastern - talking RPI/UAH, of course.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/withoutapeer
                    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Troy Record article, not by Ed Weaver , http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This is whats known in the business as a trap game....much like the game at Niagra last year....We need to go in there and find a way to win both games IMO these type games are as important or more so than beating BU and the USA junior team...We need to take care of business thats what tournament bound teams do...This will give us an indication of where this team is at ! ! !
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                          This is whats known in the business as a trap game....much like the game at Niagra last year....We need to go in there and find a way to win both games IMO these type games are as important or more so than beating BU and the USA junior team...We need to take care of business thats what tournament bound teams do...This will give us an indication of where this team is at ! ! !
                          Agree-these are the games that good teams score early and put away the opponent quickly and turn them into easy 3 or 4 goal victories. Then again-we are talking about RPI- where history tells us that evry game is a one goal nail biter. These 2 games are actually a very good barometer of where we are this year.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 12-31-2010, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I'm headed out the door in a half-hour and hope to come back to North Carolina on Saturday with two more marks in the win column!

GO RPI!

ETA: If anyone (UAH or RPI) wants to say "Hi," I'll be wearing a red hooded sweatshirt that says "RPI." I respond to Steve or burgie.
                            Last edited by burgie12; 12-30-2010, 08:42 AM.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              ETA: If anyone (UAH or RPI) wants to say "Hi," I'll be wearing a red hooded sweatshirt that says "RPI." I respond to Steve or burgie.
                              A talking sweatshirt? What will they think of next?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                A talking sweatshirt? What will they think of next?
                                It is a very good thing you are retiring-you are manifesting some real senior moments.

Comment

Working...
                                X