Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont @ St. Lawrence 7 pm...Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont @ St. Lawrence 7 pm...Predictions?

Young Vazzano's in net and I like it. Cats win 5-2, despite some heavy changes to the lineup. For a link to watch the game, lineup card, and pre-game press conference check out my blog.

Re: Vermont @ St. Lawrence 7 pm...Predictions?

You might be right, but I think almost any other prediction would be as likely to be right.

Absolutely anything could happen in this game, which will probably be the story of both these teams' seasons. St. Lawrence has enough talent with their younger players to win going away, and enough inexperience with their most talented players to get blown out. Or anything in between.

Comment

Appears to be a lot of Starters out for UVM according to the story in the Free Press. Mackenzie, Medvec, and Brickley all we be out of the line-up. I'm all for Vazzano getting the start, he is a talented net minder and the future of the program, but given it will be his first collegiate start could make for a tense game.

Still I'm calling a 3-2 game for Vermont.

Predictions :

SLU scores an early game goal
      White picks up his second goal of his career
      Miller gets called for 2 penalties
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It's great to see Alex Vazzano getting his first start. I've thought for a while that Madore needed a rest. Although the Cats are coming off a win, I'm far from convinced they're heading in the right direction. Got my first chance to actually watch them last weekend against Dartmouth and was astounded at how bad the defense looked at times. So uncharacteristic of UVM hockey. I see them taking a step back tonight and losing 4-2.

Comment

UVM's best chance at taking this one is to take a two or three-goal lead before SLU scores. In their rink, they score in bunches.
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Appears to be a lot of Starters out for UVM according to the story in the Free Press. Mackenzie, Medvec, and Brickley all we be out of the line-up. I'm all for Vazzano getting the start, he is a talented net minder and the future of the program, but given it will be his first collegiate start could make for a tense game.

Still I'm calling a 3-2 game for Vermont.

Predictions :

SLU scores an early game goal
            White picks up his second goal of his career
            Miller gets called for 2 penalties
            Disappointed in you jcarter no prediction to get McCarthy out of his slump as you previously promised. McCarthy gets three points in a 5 -3 UVM win.

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
              Disappointed in you jcarter no prediction to get McCarthy out of his slump as you previously promised. McCarthy gets three points in a 5 -3 UVM win.
              No you called wrong...

McCarthy continues to be held scoreless in his attempt to be the first sophmore ever to earn a spot on the HE Rookie of the Weak list.

Burrows is also held scoreless and Sneddon sends him back to the Blue Line after the game. Albertson moves up to full time forward.

Downing fails to score his first even strength goal of the season, BUT does manage to pot another shorty.

Comment

Slu 4 uvm 3 ot
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

If SLU loses, it will be the referees' fault.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

No you called wrong...

McCarthy continues to be held scoreless in his attempt to be the first sophmore ever to earn a spot on the HE Rookie of the Weak list.

Burrows is also held scoreless and Sneddon sends him back to the Blue Line after the game. Albertson moves up to full time forward.

Downing fails to score his first even strength goal of the season, BUT does manage to pot another shorty.

Actually Downing does have an even strength goal, but SLU has tied it. 1-1

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                      Actually Downing does have an even strength goal, but SLU has tied it. 1-1
                      4 on 4.

SLU looks to be smoking them. Vazzano seems to be doing fair.

Comment

Goaltender change...

Hmmm, box score doesn't look terribly bad, surprised to see Vazzano out already, can't be Sneddon has much faith in him?

Comment

Goaltender change...

Hmmm, box score doesn't look terribly bad, surprised to see Vazzano out already, can't be Sneddon has much faith in him?
                          I agree Jcarter. No idea what's going on. Madore hasn't been much better, but a couple late vermont goals has made this a scoring fest. Reminds me of the dartmouth game a few days ago that they played. 5-4, SLU after two periods.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                            I agree Jcarter. No idea what's going on. Madore hasn't been much better, but a couple late vermont goals has made this a scoring fest. Reminds me of the dartmouth game a few days ago that they played. 5-4, SLU after two periods.

Madore gave up 3 quick ones, on 7shots? Looks like he settled in a bit from there, but ouch. Either way, looks like the Cats have found a bit of scoring, at least on ECAC teams. 3 goals on 3 shots against DC... so far 4 goals on 11 shots... SHOOT MORE !!!

Comment

Madore gave up 3 quick ones, on 7shots? Looks like he settled in a bit from there, but ouch. Either way, looks like the Cats have found a bit of scoring, at least on ECAC teams. 3 goals on 3 shots against DC... so far 4 goals on 11 shots... SHOOT MORE !!!
                              yes! shoot much more! I love seeing stacey all over the scoring sheet. He's been the one consistent factor this year. Him and Stalberg. I'm guessing Madore was just a bit rusty coming in midgame. I'm hoping he has a strong third period and the cats can light it up and take this game. Who knows though. They first need to focus on tying the game

Comment

Working...
                              X