AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

I'd just like to congratulate AIC alum and goalie Tom Fenton for being signed to the Phoenix Coyotes. He showed real heart, and determination in their 3-4 loss to the Rangers while watching from the bench. However, I think he will prove to be a great addition to the team and should get some playing time by the end of the season. He'll show everyone that AIC can produce great NHL players and that they do not have to be the laughing stock of NCAA Division I hockey.

Here is the glorious and heart warming article.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...1&cmpid=ggl1bx

GO AIC!!
    *****http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif****** *****http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif****** *****http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif****** *****http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif****** *****http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif******

Re: AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

That is heat warming!
    Merry Christmas and good luck to Fenton and to AIC ...

Comment

Originally posted by AntiActionJoe View Post
      However, I think he will prove to be a great addition to the team and should get some playing time by the end of the season. He'll show everyone that AIC can produce great NHL players and that they do not have to be the laughing stock of NCAA Division I hockey.
      Um, no he won't. Read the article - they wouldn't have even used him in that capacity if they would have had the chance of calling up an AHL goalie, but were forced to use a kid who hadn't played in a year and a half. Hell, he didn't even get paid (only signing an amateur try-out contract), only getting his jersey as compensation and the NHL per dieum of around $100.
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I learned that AIC is in Springfield, Mass. Never bothered to look up where it was. Cool.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
          Um, no he won't. Read the article - they wouldn't have even used him in that capacity if they would have had the chance of calling up an AHL goalie, but were forced to use a kid who hadn't played in a year and a half. Hell, he didn't even get paid (only signing an amateur try-out contract), only getting his jersey as compensation and the NHL per dieum of around $100.
          It's still an awesome story and great publicity for AIC.
          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I learned that AIC is in Springfield, Mass. Never bothered to look up where it was. Cool.
            !!!!! That dog has a puffy tail!!! Heeheeheehee!!! Here puff! Here puff! Heeheeheehee!!!
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
              It's still an awesome story and great publicity for AIC.
              I didn't say it wasn't. I though it was fantastic when I saw the story on SportsCenter this morning, however, let's be realistic and not make him the new full-time back-up for the 'Yotes.
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                I didn't say it wasn't. I though it was fantastic when I saw the story on SportsCenter this morning, however, let's be realistic and not make him the new full-time back-up for the 'Yotes.
                I don't think anyone is, least of all Fenton himself. Well, maybe except for AAJ.
                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Fenton's power is already demonstrated. So few people know where AIC is. Everyone assumes they're just in a basement. I know it hits a lot of people, especially Hockey East fans or northeast residents, that AIC is in Springfield. Hopefully this good press can get AIC a bit more noticed and help get AIC the recognition it deserves in hockey.

Comment

You guys could beat Michigan Tech right now. I guarantee it.

See you next season.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiActionJoe View Post
                      Fenton's power is already demonstrated. So few people know where AIC is. Everyone assumes they're just in a basement. I know it hits a lot of people, especially Hockey East fans or northeast residents, that AIC is in Springfield. Hopefully this good press can get AIC a bit more noticed and help get AIC the recognition it deserves in hockey.
                      Springfield is one New England's ****iest cities. 15 murders this year; it's a blurping cesspool/Petri dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                        Springfield is one New England's ****iest cities. 15 murders this year; it's a blurping cesspool/Petri dish.
                        Boston murders this year: 73
                        Boston population: 589141
                        Murders per 10,000 people: (73*10000)/589141 = 1.23

Springfield murders this year: 15
                        Springfield population: 151176
                        Murders per 10,000 people: (15*10000)/151176 = .992

We're you trying to make a point? You've failed by trying to compare murder rates.
                        In terms of shiatiest cities, I'd go with New Haven.

Comment

You've got a recruit!
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Where's my jersey?
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Where's my jersey?
                              It took you 14 posts to get this up?! I'm disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X