AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

More missed opportunity. A great 1st period and down hill from there.

Comment

If we are going to play like that maybe we can move from the Atlantic conference to the Atlantic Jr Hockey League. Weak.

Comment

This team has no offense and the Defense has no clue what to do with the puck. Its alaways the same players not getting it done time to change it. There are players that dont seem to care they are going through the motions and there always out there. 3 Power Play goals against on 3 chances this team seems to get worse as the season goes and the other teams get better and come to play, sounds like coaching.

Comment

Anyone hear of any potential recruits? Would be nice to start signing players earlier this year. Goal scorers should be a priority.

Comment

Hoping for a good turn around against Sacred Heart.

it was a really tough weekend vs Niagara, but we should get some skating going against S.H.

Comment

• Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              Hoping for a good turn around against Sacred Heart.

it was a really tough weekend vs Niagara, but we should get some skating going against S.H.
              We got the skating going but forgot about the D and goaltending. Wasted effort, again.

Comment

Very mixed emotions about the weekend. Supposedly the first goal for S.H. was not actually a goal, the other three, two, a D feel down and the other was a lapse. Watching the game, it showed precisely why S.H. is at the bottom of the league. They played such a prevent defense late in the game, and with their goalie getting into the head of AIC, we were missing the net so many times in the 2nd and 3rd, trying to take that perfect shot. I also got word from someone with a better angle, that empty nets were missed.

Saturday's game... AIC made S.H. look good for the first 50 minutes. S.H. scored on two really good shots, and if it wasn't for Meisner turning it on in the 2nd and 3rd, they could have had 3 more goals. So many of our shots either missed, or more than likely, were blocked. S.H. simply kept players back and got in the way of nearly every shot. Our Power Play absolutely sucked. Sucked is a nice way of saying it. It felt like nearly every penalty cause the team to take a penalty to keep S.H. from going on a breakaway or something to that effect. We were trying to get it into the zone and making simply dumb choices. Dump it in right to a S.H. player so many times.
                It felt like we only had one good chance in the 2nd, and we just couldn't find the puck.
                Finally in the 3rd period, after the first goal, players stared making good passes and finding open players, but even with a 5 minute power play late, AIC had to take a penalty to prevent a breakaway.

It seems like the past two weeks, that the team has devolved greatly. Making bad choices with the puck. Not being on the same page with other players. (We had one power play where I think we passed it out of the zone 3-4 times.) Not being aware of where the other team is. If you make a bang bang play and the other team jumps a play. Life happens, but they're having time enough to make a decision, and they're either panicking and blindly throwing it up the boards, or holding the puck and allowing the other team to fight for the puck on the boards. Or waiting too long to start moving with the puck.
                It's just mind numbing lately to go from a team which nearly beat Michigan Tech(who is beating some good teams) to a team which is getting overpowered by Niagara and making Sacred Heart look good. I so wish I had better feelings for the final 4 weeks of the season, but I just don't.

I think Army has one big weakness that they could exploit, but I just don't think they will do it.

Comment

Holy Cross will make for a tough weekend. Based on the inconsistent play this year (like most) I am hoping the boys catch HC sleeping Friday for an upset and hold on at home. I'll settle for a split against a strong team like HC.

Comment

That was embarrassing! Weak effort. HC goalie was giving up some juicy rebounds and we didn't have anybody fighting to get there. Goaltending needs to get on track too.

Comment

I thought the offense was better than the last two weeks. HC's goalie stoned us 3 times in the second, and we hit the post in the last seconds. I guess we missed the net a few times in the first. But you were right about the rebounds, we don't have people expecting rebounds. A scorer would be skating in the rebound area.
                      I didn't think our defense was horrible in some ways, but in others they were. HC does a good job of trying to get people free in front of the net, and it worked twice in the first. If I am remembering correctly, a bad rebound by Meisner was passed out front, and on the 2nd goal, I think we should have cleared the puck, but either way, both times, there was a guy free in front.
                      I missed the 3rd goal for HC, but you can't let a goal in the first minute, especially first 15 seconds. They continue to have their poor moment on the power play as far as defense is concerned. The PP was decent otherwise, again, just got stonewalled by the glove of doom. Mesiner never should have let the 4th goal in. simply a clear shot.
                      I left early so I didn't see the 3rd.

Comment

They need to clean house and get somebody who knows how to coach hockey and people. This coach is done the game has passed him by, feel bad for players they were better when the year started, all the teams get better as the year goes on, this team goes backwards. Thats bad coaching fire them or fold this is pathetic, unwatchable hockey.

Comment

It's so frustrating because the score did not represent the game. Holy Cross did the little things right. They finished. They got open and the player with the puck was able to find the open guy enough to make a difference. We had open shots, but hit legs so many times. Hit two posts, missed two partially open nets. Today we missed the net more than the goalie stood out for H.C.
                          I wonder about Meisner and the 3rd goal. I don't know if it just surprised him, he played it wrong, or that shot he took in warmups in Niagara is still effecting him.
                          For next year, Hoshaw really really needs to learn how to take the puck from the boards and make a play with the puck. I'm also annoyed with the way they pass it back and forth behind the net, hoping the other team will give up on chasing the puck while not being ready to make any other move other than passing it back to the other player. They are doing it less than they use to, so I guess that is one good thing.

I am glad a few players are hitting. Of course you don't hit for hitting sake, but when you can make a hit and keep the other guy from the play, or get an advantage in the play, or keep the other team from getting fancy, like H.C. was doing in the third, then hitting is absolutely necessary.

Comment

Actually thought the boys played well, especially in a fast paced third. Score was not indicative of the play. Once again missed open nets. Work on shooting accuracy coach. Some break downs in coverage and tying up guys around the net caused problems. Meisner was back in form.

Let's work on 3 periods of good play, goaltender and defensive consistency and hit the net on the shots.

Comment

Woodstick. Were you at the game? Did you get a good look at the 3rd goal?

Comment

I dont know what your watching but there is enough talent on this team to play with anybody. The problem is the coaches have low expectations, and reward players who make the same mistakes, they sit players that have played well. There has got to be a full change in the program to suceed, if they want to salvage the rest of the year they should shake things up and sit guys that dont come to play, its not hard to pick out.

Comment

Working...
                                X