Has Rick Comley jumped the shark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Rick Comley jumped the shark?

The question needs to be asked. I feel like I'm time-warping in the late '80s, watching reruns of a sitcom that's coasting toward another April oblivion. The same numb sensation is there.

Re: Has Rick Comley jumped the shark?

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    The question needs to be asked. I feel like I'm time-warping in the late '80s, watching reruns of a sitcom that's coasting toward another April oblivion. The same numb sensation is there.
    Yes?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

stop spamming the board with stupid threads
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Yes?
        Monosyllable?

Comment

If you think MSU has it tough, just remember - in an alternate reality, you could be a Tech fan.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            stop SPAM®ming the board with stupid threads
            Last edited by owslachief; 12-17-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Monosyllable?
              yes
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

*****http://www.fresnobeehive.com/archives/upload/2006/12/JumpTheShark.jpg******
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                  LOL.

To be quite honest, I think this teeth gnashing has more to do with losing three key players from last season- even though they had checked out by the playoffs.

I think that chicken little is premature. Plenty of hockey left to be played and with the competitiveness shown in other games this season (Maine, Minnesota etc.) I don't think that this season is lost yet... unless Comley is indeed the real reason. At least three games left with Michigan, so I'm not counting on MSU dissolving just yet.

Comment

The current slide began after the GLI. He burned out his key players and discounted the rest. The players who left went to better places for them, it seems as if he forced them to leave by his "managing" the team.He turned off most of the nine freshman.

This years team now heavy with sophomores and juniors are struggling for any type of leadership and direction to take. There is a disconnect from players to coach.

After re-watching the Big Chill I saw a team appear to quit(they spit the bit).

No motivation at all.
                    Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      LOL.

To be quite honest, I think this teeth gnashing has more to do with losing three key players from last season- even though they had checked out by the playoffs.

I think that chicken little is premature. Plenty of hockey left to be played and with the competitiveness shown in other games this season (Maine, Minnesota etc.) I don't think that this season is lost yet... unless Comley is indeed the real reason. At least three games left with Michigan, so I'm not counting on MSU dissolving just yet.
                      Thanks for the encouragement, but there's little hope he'll ever get the respect of this team back. He's really p'd some people o.

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                        The current slide began after the GLI. He burned out his key players and discounted the rest. The players who left went to better places for them, it seems as if he forced them to leave by his "managing" the team.He turned off most of the nine freshman.

This years team now heavy with sophomores and juniors are struggling for any type of leadership and direction to take. There is a disconnect from players to coach.

After re-watching the Big Chill I saw a team appear to quit(they spit the bit).

No motivation at all.
                        Peanut, I gave you a hard time recently and I apologize for that. You speak the truth in a way that is refreshing to read.
                        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

I feel sorry for anyone who fell for this "legendary coach" bit. The guys an absolute drain on the program. Too bad we'll have to put up with this mediocrity for 3 more years.

Comment

Do you know something the rest of us don't? Why would MSU have to keep him? Especially if they miss the CCHA finals again. If that happens, I predict calls for Comley's head.
                            "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                              Do you know something the rest of us don't? Why would MSU have to keep him? Especially if they miss the CCHA finals again. If that happens, I predict calls for Comley's head.
                              Contract extension through 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X