Mid-season Transfers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-season Transfers?

I know that this is being on done on different team threads but I thought it would be better if we brought all of them onto one thread.

From what I am hearing and reading, I gather that Oswego, Plattsburgh, and Norwich will be getting a few transfers(as usual ). I also rumors on several other teams but not solid enough to actually say anything.

If anyone has any reports/rumors please post them here.

Re: Mid-season Transfers?

Originally posted by phillyhockey21 View Post
    I know that this is being on done on different team threads but I thought it would be better if we brought all of them onto one thread.

From what I am hearing and reading, I gather that Oswego, Plattsburgh, and Norwich will be getting a few transfers(as usual ). I also rumors on several other teams but not solid enough to actually say anything.

As has been stated in the Plattsburgh thread, it looks like Mike Kavanagh, Ian Delong, and Brad Devereaux will all be transferring from Plattsburgh to Curry. Sources on this are fairly reliable.

Ryan Craig from Niagara to Plattsburgh, same sources as above.

Then there's the Oswego transfer discussed in THAT thread.

Other than that, I think we'll have to wait until teams begin for the 2nd semester. I'm interested to see where, if anywhere, James Nietsch ends up after he spent a semester as an effective practice squad player with the Cardinals.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

USM is getting two players but I can't post them yet...When I get the nod I will post them...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
        USM is getting two players but I can't post them yet...When I get the nod I will post them...

Really? wow. Can you give information where they are coming from?

Does anyone know if any of the ECAC West teams are looking to bring anyone?

Comment

Really? wow. Can you give information where they are coming from?

Does anyone know if any of the ECAC West teams are looking to bring anyone?
          One just didn't play in the first half so he is not a transfer and the other is a D man. Best info I can give out at this time.

Comment

Delong and Kavanaugh are talented players that I'm sure will help Curry. I'm surprised Delong didnt get more of a shot this year.

Comment

This may seem like a silly question. But can transfers play during this winter break? Ie Delong for instance. Or since school is technically not in session do they have to wait until second semester? Thanks.

Comment

This may seem like a silly question. But can transfers play during this winter break? Ie Delong for instance. Or since school is technically not in session do they have to wait until second semester? Thanks.
                I am pretty sure as long as they are signed up for classes they can play.

Comment

School hadn't begun yet here .....
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I think it depends on the league as well as the NCAA. As I recall, there is a league out West (MIAC or NCHA) that requires transfers to actually be enrolled by having attended class. As far as the NCAA is concerned as long as the school that the player is leaving is out of session (thus enrollment has expired there), and the player is registered for classes at the new school the transfer is good to go.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      I think it depends on the league as well as the NCAA. As I recall, there is a league out West (MIAC or NCHA) that requires transfers to actually be enrolled by having attended class. As far as the NCAA is concerned as long as the school that the player is leaving is out of session (thus enrollment has expired there), and the player is registered for classes at the new school the transfer is good to go.
                      Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference - [WIAC policies/rules that are more restrictive than NCAA]

And the NCHA by inclusion.

· Any student-athlete who has competed for two or more seasons at a WIAC institution must establish a one-year residency in order to be eligible in that sport upon transferring from one conference institution to another.

· A transfer student is prohibited from competing for more than one institution in the same sport during the same academic year.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

What and from where did you hear of a Norwich transfer? I must have missed it because I haven't seen or heard anything and was wondering if there was something in the works, especially on defense. Thanks in advance for any info someone might have.
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

I can think of one SNC player who joined the team at semester break 07-08. He was able to participate in the Oswego Pathfinder tourney before classes began, but then had to sit out one or two in-region games in early January before classes started.

Not sure if was a NCAA rule that allowed him to skate in out-of-region games but not in-region ones, or an NCHA thing...

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                            What and from where did you hear of a Norwich transfer? I must have missed it because I haven't seen or heard anything and was wondering if there was something in the works, especially on defense. Thanks in advance for any info someone might have.
                            I am not sure if it is actually going to go through or not but I did hear some people talking about the possibilty.

Comment

I am hearing that Amherst may be getting a mid season goalie transfer, this is not 100% verified however he may be a familiar face.

Also has anybody heard anything about some of the suspended Stout players transferring?

Comment

Working...
                              X