Tardy UNO at Colorado College Sat 18 Dec/Sun 19 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tardy UNO at Colorado College Sat 18 Dec/Sun 19 Dec

So why are these two games being played on Saturday/Sunday? Rumor flooding around Tiger land is that UNO has issues.

Also heard UNO is bringing a bus or even a train load of fans to these two games. Be sure when you arrive in cement slab Denver you head Northwest to Boulder and you find the arena on the campus of Colorado. Have fun!

Oh, and Ronmexico, seriously I have info for you on an upcoming great CC Tiger event that is only open to the first 50 CC fans. It is dinner with all the players and coaches held in February. Seriously I hope you can go, I will buy your ticket for you! Let me know Tiger fan!!
    Last edited by CCtig; 12-14-2010, 09:48 PM.
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: Tardy UNO at Colorado College Sat 18 Dec/Sun 19 Dec

Several of us are heading West (and South)! to the games - Not sure why they are Sat/Sunday unless finals were an issue for one or both of the Schools -

CC has been on a hot streak playing extremely well. UNO after a hot start has been up and down (Split UND, Swept by Beavers, Sweep Tech - so, not sure which team will show on Saturday. Blais likely to have them ready.

UNO Alumni Association has set up tailgate Saturday for all the visiting and area based fans.

Let the fun begin!
    UNO Maverick Hockey - It doesn't get any better than this!

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
      Also heard UNO is bringing a bus or even a train load of fans to these two games. Be sure when you arrive in cement slab Denver you head Northwest to Boulder and you find the arena on the campus of Colorado. Have fun!
      I went to Denver once, but got scared at the bumpy things sticking out of the ground west of town. Don't you folks know that ground should be flat??!!

Wish I was able to make the trip. Should be a good series with a fast pace and lots of offense.

Comment

Oh, and Ronmexico, seriously I have info for you on an upcoming great CC Tiger event that is only open to the first 50 CC fans. It is dinner with all the players and coaches held in February. Seriously I hope you can go, I will buy your ticket for you! Let me know Tiger fan!!
        Ok…I’m a little suspicious of your generosity.
        Originally posted by vizoroo
        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
        Originally posted by duper
        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
        Originally posted by dggoddard
        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
          Ok…I’m a little suspicious of your generosity.
          Ron, I don't have a clue what I did or said last week when you told me to go eat scum. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, but I don't have a clue. Anyway, I just like for all CC fans to get along, and I certainly have no hard feelings towards you for any reason.

Here is the deal on the dinner. For the past three seasons the first 50 fans who pay $25.00 (it must be cash) get to have a sit down dinner with all 26 CC players and coaches. Only 50 tickets will be sold. The guy who sells them (Rich) in the past has sold them during the weekly Coaches Show on Tuesdays, but this season the show is only held once a month, so Rich is concerned about selling all 50 tickets. I and others believe all 50 tickets will sell fast as they have in the past.

Tables for the dinner are set up to seat eight per table which means most tables will have three CC players at it. Last season I sat with Joe Howe, Michael Boivin, and Andrew Hamburg. In previous years I have sat with Richard Bachman and Bill Sweat. The dinner will not be until Sunday, 13 Feb. If you are interested let me know and I'll be glad to buy you a ticket as a good gesture. No strings attached. It is a fun time with the players and coaches. By the way, don't know if you know who Darrian Hatcher is or not but last Friday I sat at the bar with him for four hours until 2:00 am. That was fun too!! Cheers,
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

Ron, I don't have a clue what I did or said last week when you told me to go eat scum. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, but I don't have a clue. Anyway, I just like for all CC fans to get along, and I certainly have no hard feelings towards you for any reason.

Here is the deal on the dinner. For the past three seasons the first 50 fans who pay $25.00 (it must be cash) get to have a sit down dinner with all 26 CC players and coaches. Only 50 tickets will be sold. The guy who sells them (Rich) in the past has sold them during the weekly Coaches Show on Tuesdays, but this season the show is only held once a month, so Rich is concerned about selling all 50 tickets. I and others believe all 50 tickets will sell fast as they have in the past.

Tables for the dinner are set up to seat eight per table which means most tables will have three CC players at it. Last season I sat with Joe Howe, Michael Boivin, and Andrew Hamburg. In previous years I have sat with Richard Bachman and Bill Sweat. The dinner will not be until Sunday, 13 Feb. If you are interested let me know and I'll be glad to buy you a ticket as a good gesture. No strings attached. It is a fun time with the players and coaches. By the way, don't know if you know who Darrian Hatcher is or not but last Friday I sat at the bar with him for four hours until 2:00 am. That was fun too!! Cheers,
            SCUM was in reference to SCSU. My spellchecker changes SCSU to SCUM. It was nothing against you – it was a rally call and it must have worked. I’m glad you had fun in St Cloud. I’ve got a flight booked for Anchorage in mid January and I’m equally (maybe even more) excited!

FYI – I did make a comment that the yuku page sucks (that's why I thought you might be butt hurt). I meant that but we can talk.

I would love to do the dinner with you. I’m also happy to pay for my own seat. Book a seat for me…I’m good for the cash…

Hit me up “outside the boards.” You can email by clicking on my name.
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

SCUM was in reference to SCSU. My spellchecker changes SCSU to SCUM. It was nothing against you – it was a rally call and it must have worked. I’m glad you had fun in St Cloud. I’ve got a flight booked for Anchorage in mid January and I’m equally (maybe even more) excited!

FYI – I did make a comment that the yuku page sucks (that's why I thought you might be butt hurt). I meant that but we can talk.

I would love to do the dinner with you. I’m also happy to pay for my own seat. Book a seat for me…I’m good for the cash…

Hit me up “outside the boards.” You can email by clicking on my name.
              Cool Ron, I will sleep better tonight now. I'll stay in touch with you. No offense taken to your yuku board comment or feelings. I accept my fair share of blame. Hope you have a great time at UAA!

Now back to UNO. I spoke with senior Tyler Johnson last night who made it a point that the entire team is well aware of it's poor home record and that they need to improve it with two wins at home this weekend. CC has struggled this season at home. Kind of scares me to think what the CC players will do with a free Friday night at home while UNO is in their hotel rooms focused on the task at hand.

Go Tigers!!

Comment

Originally posted by breed View Post
                Several of us are heading West (and South)! to the games - Not sure why they are Sat/Sunday unless finals were an issue for one or both of the Schools -

CC has been on a hot streak playing extremely well. UNO after a hot start has been up and down (Split UND, Swept by Beavers, Sweep Tech - so, not sure which team will show on Saturday. Blais likely to have them ready.

UNO Alumni Association has set up tailgate Saturday for all the visiting and area based fans.

Let the fun begin!
                Nice to hear you are making the trip, since the alumni tailgate is Saturday can I buy you a beer Sunday?

Comment

Cool Ron, I will sleep better tonight now. I'll stay in touch with you. No offense taken to your yuku board comment or feelings. I accept my fair share of blame. Hope you have a great time at UAA!

Now back to UNO. I spoke with senior Tyler Johnson last night who made it a point that the entire team is well aware of it's poor home record and that they need to improve it with two wins at home this weekend. CC has struggled this season at home. Kind of scares me to think what the CC players will do with a free Friday night at home while UNO is in their hotel rooms focused on the task at hand.

Go Tigers!!
                  Cool Cctig,

Do you want to get a beer during intermission this weekend? I’m usually in section 117 (company tickets but I buy some if I have to). I can stand over by the restroom between the two 117 entrances and wear a “Hello my name my name is Ron Mexico” name tag if you like.

Comment

Cool Cctig,

Do you want to get a beer during intermission this weekend? I’m usually in section 117 (company tickets but I buy some if I have to). I can stand over by the restroom between the two 117 entrances and wear a “Hello my name my name is Ron Mexico” name tag if you like.
                    Yes, let's meet Saturday after the first period between the two 117 entrances and we can walk down the hall (near Will Call) and I will introduce you to Rich who is in charge of the CC dinner. No name tag needed, I seem to have a knack for people finding me, or me finding them. Most of the Freshman player's parents have approached me this season and asked if I am a parent. I tell them no, but I know all the parents and I will introduce you to them. So I do.

Wonder what the UNO fans think about CC's top scorer (Jaden Schwartz) not being available for these two games since he made the Team Canada roster today?

Go Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by NoClu View Post
                      I went to Denver once, but got scared at the bumpy things sticking out of the ground west of town. Don't you folks know that ground should be flat??!!

Wish I was able to make the trip. Should be a good series with a fast pace and lots of offense.
                      I'll trade you two mountains for two lakes??

Comment

Yes, let's meet Saturday after the first period between the two 117 entrances and we can walk down the hall (near Will Call) and I will introduce you to Rich who is in charge of the CC dinner. No name tag needed, I seem to have a knack for people finding me, or me finding them. Most of the Freshman player's parents have approached me this season and asked if I am a parent. I tell them no, but I know all the parents and I will introduce you to them. So I do.

Wonder what the UNO fans think about CC's top scorer (Jaden Schwartz) not being available for these two games since he made the Team Canada roster today?

Go Tigers!
                        Ok…

I’ll be the ugly guy with the white CC jersey and black CC hat… LOL... If my brother comes he will be standing next to me (twins). He might have some kind of cast on his wrist (work related injury).

Comment

Sure I am somewhere in Section 118 - Mike Moran kindly dug up some tickets for my wife and I - spot a red UNO jersey and short gray hair and that will be me!
                          UNO Maverick Hockey - It doesn't get any better than this!

Comment

I'll trade you two mountains for two lakes??
                            Can't do it. No lakes here in Nebraska either. Just dam sites used for flood control.

Regarding Schwartz not being available...I'm sure it can't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by breed View Post
                              Sure I am somewhere in Section 118 - Mike Moran kindly dug up some tickets for my wife and I - spot a red UNO jersey and short gray hair and that will be me!
                              Good deal breed, I'll look for and find you Sunday and share a beer with you! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X