This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Black Bears 2010-2011 - Part Deux

Yeah, me too....abit of a headscratcher choice I think in goal tonight. Who noze, maybe he shuts out UHN too.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: Maine Black Bears 2010-2011 - Part Deux

Todays BDN article, once again saying Martin in net tonight
    http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...renew-rivalry/
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

On the one hand, you don't want those goalies to be playing paranoid -- that if they let in one soft goal they're done for 6 weeks. But if you want someone to step up, you have to give them a chance to do it.

So, why not. Let's see what the kid does. Fingers crossed.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Go Blue!
        Kick some Wildcat butt!
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

phk that
          Buzzy

Comment

and phk this
            Buzzy

Comment

biggest suck job in years. better figure it the phk out. quick
              Buzzy

Comment

60-Minutes, and I'm not talking about Andy Rooney.

Comment

I think Mangene had a heck of a game last night and I thought Martin did too until the last 2 minutes. The tieing goal was the result of a tired Maine team who appeared to be done even playing their "most hated rival". Not sure on the winner except it looked like Hegarty got used like a cheap streetwalker.

Is it just me or has the D sucked since Campbell Blair left?

UMass game should be interesting the place will probably be empty as Pats play at same time. I can see Maine rolling over, playing with their heads down or I can see them coming out like gang busters. After last night I see this team going nowhere, no way they should lose that game and I don't see it as a fluke
                  Last edited by walrus; 12-11-2010, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    That's a heck of a point. Never really put the timing together but yeah, that's exactly right.

That was the choke job to end all choke jobs. You gotta find a way to finish that game AT HOME. That's a game this program isn't supposed to lose at Alfond. You take 3 points on the road in this league, I have no qualms...even giving up the tying goal at BU, you got a point on the road, so OK. At home, finishing is a must. And the inability to clear the zone and get an empty netter in the 5x6 situation is becoming a very scary trend. It's a pattern at this point and it's not good.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I think Mangene had a heck of a game last night and I thought Martin did too until the last 2 minutes. The tieing goal was the result of a tired Maine team who appeared to be done even playing their "most hated rival". Not sure on the winner except it looked like Hegarty got used like a cheap streetwalker.

UMass game should be interesting the place will probably be empty as Pats play at same time. I can see Maine rolling over, playing with their heads down or I can see them coming out like gang busters. After last night I see this team going nowhere, no way they should lose that game and I don't see it as a fluke
                      They've got to learn how to close out an opponent once they've got them down, thats for sure. Though its a reg season game and painful to cough up the points, its gotta be a good lesson they wont soon forget. Thats the game of hawkey though, things can change on a dime like that. Lets see how they handle UMass on Sunday, should be interesting. Hopefully by the Florida tournament, they'll have Dimmen and O'Neil back and they'll go on a mission. I really like the talent and work ethic ofthis group...they gotta address some flaws though to improve. Is it just me or do the recent goalies seem to have a tough time hugging the posts? Seems like a lot of goals scored on them have recently have been ones that the goalie wasnt squeezing the post.

Anyway, to summarize, in a summary fashion (), tough, tight loss to a red hot team while playing shorthanded. Gotta keep it in perspective. I'm still on the fence with Oullette....he wasnt tested much last night, especially out front of the net. Cant really get a read on his talent yet. Wonder how Sullivan would have faired? Guess we'll never know.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

Anyway, to summarize, in a summary fashion (), tough, tight loss to a red hot team while playing shorthanded. Gotta keep it in perspective. I'm still on the fence with Oullette....he wasnt tested much last night, especially out front of the net. Cant really get a read on his talent yet. Wonder how Sullivan would have faired? Guess we'll never know.
                        I'm not the fence with Ouellette he got tested in close and made the saves. He is quick, his butterfly takes up some room but I'm not sure he is their mentally quite yet. He is 18 afterall. Its still a problem of D and has been. I hope Sully plays Sunday

Comment

I'm not the fence with Ouellette he got tested in close and made the saves. He is quick, his butterfly takes up some room but I'm not sure he is their mentally quite yet. He is 18 afterall. Its still a problem of D and has been. I hope Sully plays Sunday
                          I would say improvement on the powerplay would be a a first good step as well.

Comment

Ouellette showed some poise and made some very nice saves. This was a very tough loss. Made even tougher losing it with a lead and then OT. Overall, I thought Maine played very well. Good forecheck and stick handling. Could have had a player in front of the net for a pass or rebound several times. Losing Anthoine and shuffling lines didn't help either. The mystery is how could not Maine clear the zone for over 1.5 minutes. I am on the other end of the ice but there must have been some holding going on. I wonder if Tim will receive a letter of reprimand by Bertagna? The positive is that Maine will learn from this and move on. It's a learning process and there are a lot of hockey games left to play.

Comment

I'm not the fence with Ouellette he got tested in close and made the saves.
                              Yup. Not much to add. Defense and special teams are holding this team back a lot more than goaltending is.
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                              X