Thursday Night Smackdown - Michigan Tech at UNO, Thursday, Dec. 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night Smackdown - Michigan Tech at UNO, Thursday, Dec. 9

A rare Thursday WCHA game, as the Qwest has already been booked for some other sport involving a bouncy ball.

New city, same results?
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: Thursday Night Smackdown - Michigan Tech at UNO, Thursday, Dec. 9

Let the suck begin! 8:30 Good Time.

Comment

UNO fans, welcome to your first Michigan Tech Game Thread. Here's a few things to bring you up to speed with how we operate here:

- You must be at least 48 inches tall to ride the Michigan Tech Game Thread. How MEg got around this we'll never know.
      - Keep hands and feet inside the thread at all times.
      - Do not ride the Michigan Tech Game Thread if you are pregnant, have an existing medical condition, are easily offended by strong language or mentions of atrocious acts, or do not have a sense of schadenfreude.
      - All liquids must be contained in a 3-ounce container and sealed inside a 1-quart clear plastic zip top bag. Except booze.
      - Free Tech radio feed can be found here. Listen for Dirk Hembroff's voice to jump three octaves; that's how you know when something is happening. A pay video feed is available at Michigan Tech's website, but it is highly not recommended due to poor quality and connection issues.
      - We refer to Tech power plays as "coffee breaks." The reason is because "power play" for the past few seasons has been a misnomer (though it's been great this season.) A Tech penalty kill is referred to as a "liquor break" for similar reasons.
      - Do not turn off the game until the captain has activated Ronald McDonald. You'll know what we mean when you see it.
      - In the unlikely event of a Tech win, your mom can be used as a flotation device.

Congratulations on your impending wins, and enjoy your Michigan Tech Game Thread experience!
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

And UNO has already scored, and the game doesn't start for another 4 and a half hours.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          UNO fans, welcome to your first Michigan Tech Game Thread. Here's a few things to bring you up to speed with how we operate here:

- You must be at least 48 inches tall to ride the Michigan Tech Game Thread. How MEg got around this we'll never know.
          - Keep hands and feet inside the thread at all times.
          - Do not ride the Michigan Tech Game Thread if you are pregnant, have an existing medical condition, are easily offended by strong language or mentions of atrocious acts, or do not have a sense of schadenfreude.
          - All liquids must be contained in a 3-ounce container and sealed inside a 1-quart clear plastic zip top bag. Except booze.
          - Free Tech radio feed can be found here. Listen for Dirk Hembroff's voice to jump three octaves; that's how you know when something is happening. A pay video feed is available at Michigan Tech's website, but it is highly not recommended due to poor quality and connection issues.
          - We refer to Tech power plays as "coffee breaks." The reason is because "power play" for the past few seasons has been a misnomer (though it's been great this season.) A Tech penalty kill is referred to as a "liquor break" for similar reasons.
          - Do not turn off the game until the captain has activated Ronald McDonald. You'll know what we mean when you see it.
          - In the unlikely event of a Tech win, your mom can be used as a flotation device.

Congratulations on your impending wins, and enjoy your Michigan Tech Game Thread experience!
          A++ job on the pre-game safety run-through

As for the reason I came on here

*****http://i768.***********.com/albums/xx324/btbenedi/White-Flag.jpg******

I put this in the season thread too, but I think we should get these: (The shirt obviously said "My team is better than your team", but with photoshop anything can be done....)

*****http://i768.***********.com/albums/xx324/btbenedi/my_team_is_better_than_your_team_tshirt-p235520373217975189ud3o_400_display_image-1.jpg******
          Last edited by techcodemonkey; 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Might as well mark this for subscription now...

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
            A++ job on the pre-game safety run-through
            A+++ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! WOULD BUY AGAIN!

/ebay feedback
            Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
              Might as well mark this for subscription now...

A+++ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! WOULD BUY AGAIN!

/ebay feedback
              Here's a suggestion. A good one. Forget about this game and go get some wings and a few pitchers. If my calculations are correct, next week is finals week, which means you should start getting drunk now.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Here's a suggestion. A good one. Forget about this game and go get some wings and a few pitchers. If my calculations are correct, next week is finals week, which means you should start getting drunk now.
                well How about 2 six packs of sam adams and some popcorn. I don't think there will be any uno fans though.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I wish I could. I've got an IM hockey game at 10 and I need to work on a final paper as well. I hate being responsible.
                  Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    well How about 2 six packs of sam adams and some popcorn. I don't think there will be any uno fans though.
                    That'll work. I picked up a bottle of American Honey, an extra 1.75 of seagrams, and a bottle of some new Makers mark bourbon named 46.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That'll work. I picked up a bottle of American Honey, an extra 1.75 of seagrams, and a bottle of some new Makers mark bourbon named 46.
                      Uh-oh, Maker's has a new product? That's bad news for my wallet and my liver.

My liq store recently got the American Honey. I figure that will be something inexpensive to try over the holi-daze.

Also, excellent briefing Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Uh-oh, Maker's has a new product? That's bad news for my wallet and my liver.

My liq store recently got the American Honey. I figure that will be something inexpensive to try over the holi-daze.

Also, excellent briefing Twitch.
                        Yeah, haven't tried the new makers yet, will give it a shot this weekend. It's a barrel aged over-proofed bourbon.
                        Looks excellent and its Makers so it should be.

Also, american honey is great on the rocks.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Dirk's on. T-30 minutes

Comment

Yager's not alone, apparently. "Some Husky fans have made the trip"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Yager's not alone, apparently. "Some Husky fans have made the trip"
                              ...so its just Yager and Huskyfan?

Listening to the game tonight...
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X