Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UVM v. Yale : Catamounts take on the self proclaimed best team in the country 12-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVM v. Yale : Catamounts take on the self proclaimed best team in the country 12-8

UVM beat Yale 1-0 Shutting out their top in the country offense a year ago, and ended their tourney run the previous year.

This year things are different. Yale fans are much more arrogant and UVM is pitiful. What should have been a good measuring stick for both teams is simply this week's Jekyll & Hyde guessing game. Either way there is zero good news for Yale. Should UVM roll over (a la the UML debacle or even the 5-1 whopping from UNH,) and Yale pummels them it's just Yale playing yet another dismal team and continuing the success over mediocre teams. On the other hand should UVM play like they were expected too and did against BC & DU, then Yale could wind up with their second loss of the season and to a severely underperforming UVM team to boot. Lose - Lose for the Eli's, either way you look at it.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: UVM v. Yale : Catamounts take on the self proclaimed best team in the country 12-

You know whats worse? It's not just the "arrogant" fans proclaiming Yale's dominance, it's those "impartial" parties like INCH who get "paid" to "evaluate" all the teams and try to "rank" them. If we let the "professionals" dictate who's number 1 then it's really "lose - lose" for college hockey.

Comment

Re: UVM v. Yale : Catamounts take on the self proclaimed best team in the country 12-

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
      You know whats worse? It's not just the "arrogant" fans proclaiming Yale's dominance, it's those "impartial" parties like INCH who get "paid" to "evaluate" all the teams and try to "rank" them. If we let the "professionals" dictate who's number 1 then it's really "lose - lose" for college hockey.
      Truer words have never been spoken. The day professionals dictate number1 instead of a trophy for being the last team standing NCAA hockey will be in big trouble. Of course polls are subjective and take into account games like those against Colgate, Cornell, Quinni, and Sacred Heart which more objective comparisons like the PWR throw out because those teams all suck.

Can't wait to see how Yale does against #43 UVM, #44 Holy Cross and the Russian Touring team. What they hell are they touring in New Haven anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        What they hell are they touring in New Haven anyways?
        Beats me, but i hope they read the forum so they know they really aren't facing a good team.

Comment

Truer words have never been spoken. The day professionals dictate number1 instead of a trophy for being the last team standing NCAA hockey will be in big trouble. Of course polls are subjective and take into account games like those against Colgate, Cornell, Quinni, and Sacred Heart which more objective comparisons like the PWR throw out because those teams all suck.

Can't wait to see how Yale does against #43 UVM, #44 Holy Cross and the Russian Touring team. What they hell are they touring in New Haven anyways?
          I just got off the phone with Ovi and he grudgingly admitted that he, Malkin, and Datsyuk are behind it all. 30 years ago, this might have been called
          a Communist plot, but it seems that the Caps, the Penguins, and the Red Wings are ALL very interested in several of the current Bulldogs. The Russian Touring
          Team was orchestrated to answer what seems to be the question of the day: Are they REALLY that good? Stay tuned. With this I'm signing OFF until Wednesday night.
          I'm due in court in 2 hours, and then, back to reality tonight with a 13-hour shift at the Krankenhaus. Best wishes to all on this forum for a great holiday season, and
          much health and happiness in 2011........ and that includes Yale detractors as well as fans.

Comment

Go Catamounts!!!! Beat the best team in the country....

...from the state of Connecticut.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
              The Russian Touring Team was orchestrated to answer what seems to be the question of the day: Are they REALLY that good?
              Нет
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Jealousy is such a bad human emotion.....old whiners !!!
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Jealousy is such a bad human emotion.....old whiners !!!
                  I know right? You would think the Eli's would just be happy with being considered ONE of the top teams in the country. You know what this country really needs, maybe some Senator can work it in to ObamaCare, is a Tiny ***** Support Group for these poor souls that out so much effort in trying to be recognized as the best instead of being fine with being one of the best.... It's a terrible that some have to live that way. Then again I guess it goes hand in hand with the Ivies

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                    Beats me, but i hope they read the forum so they know they really aren't facing a good team.
                    How do you expect a Russian to read an English Forum.... These are Ivy Leaguers here. There hockey players, and Russian hockey players at that. Ekaterina the translator is off for the holidays. But, I am sure they know they are playing a REALLY GOOD team, possibly one of the best in the USA, and I'm sure they feel oh so privalged to be a part of that.

Comment

I know right? You would think the Eli's would just be happy with being considered ONE of the top teams in the country. You know what this country really needs, maybe some Senator can work it in to ObamaCare, is a Tiny ***** Support Group for these poor souls that out so much effort in trying to be recognized as the best instead of being fine with being one of the best.... It's a terrible that some have to live that way. Then again I guess it goes hand in hand with the Ivies
                      HUH? This post reminds me of the AFLAC/Yogi Berra commercial!

Comment

How do you expect a Russian to read an English Forum.... These are Ivy Leaguers here. There hockey players, and Russian hockey players at that. Ekaterina the translator is off for the holidays. But, I am sure they know they are playing a REALLY GOOD team, possibly one of the best in the USA, and I'm sure they feel oh so privalged to be a part of that.
                        As you take your pot-shots at Yale and the Ivy League, you are drawing attention to how poorly you write English (e.g.- - - Forum? They're. privileged. We'll do punctuation another time!!

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                          As you take your pot-shots at Yale and the Ivy League, you are drawing attention to how poorly you write English (e.g.- - - Forum? They're. privileged. We'll do punctuation another time!!
                          Cool. I can't wait to learn the proper usage of "- - -."

Comment

Yale rolls.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              Yale rolls.
                              I agree. Yale will clean VT's clock by at least 4 goals... VT can't answer.
                              Yale is a scoring machine (no matter who they're playing).
                              If VT can put up 5 or 6, they have a shot at a tie.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                              X