New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

First of the big rivalry games this year. Both teams are ranked pretty highly and primed for the top 4 of Hockey East with the usual suspects. New Hampshire has been winning with defense and goaltending allowing just 15 goals in 10 league games (7 of them in 2 games at BU and vs. UMass, so 8 goals in the other 8 games), and a top line that has been dominating opponents of late. I have only seen Maine play 2x on TV (at Michigan State and vs. North Dakota), so I don't have much of a read on them, what can we expect to see Friday night?
    The game will be broadcast live on CBS College Sports at 7:30pm
    Cats fans might be want to channel surf with the football quarterfinal game at Delaware at 8PM on ESPN2

Re: New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

Had to cancel my trip to Orono so I'm glad this one is on TV. Let's hope for a UNH win to erase the memory of the 2 losses handed to us up there last year.

Comment

Maine is banged up, our 2 best offensive Dmen are out, these guys QB the PP as a result the PP is 0 for 30 or something ridiculous like that. Not sure who will be in net and but he'll be a freshman. Joey Diamond is dinged up, ankle. Gustav is pressing and doesn't look like the Gus from last year. A bright spot for Maine has been Abbott, the guy can score. Other bright spots have been a few of the Freshman, Mark Anthoine for one looks pretty good. I'm sure the Alfond will be rockin' .
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Cats fans might be want to channel surf with the football quarterfinal game at Delaware at 8PM on ESPN2
        You would have to mention UNH football. Nice win against Berthune-Cookman. Backup QB finds out he's playing right before game time. CAA matchup Friday night.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't make the trip up this year....first time in 6 years to skip the Alfond trip.....(my liver actually sent me a thank you card) Glad it will be on TV. I will be curious to see how the UNH freshman and DiGi play in a truly hostile environment. Should be a great game.
          Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

I know the Maine fans see it differently but I thought that UNH gave the BBears both games last year...first game, if we don't ice the puck, Maine doesn't get the goal to end the period and has no momentem at all....spilt milk. Point being that if UNH sklates it's game, they shouldn't have any trouble...especially if you add in what Walrus has said....but then again it's why they play the game....Maine is never easy, let alone in Alfonse

Comment

UNH at #3 should add some excitement to Alfond

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                I'm comin up Wally. Downstairs at Pat's before the game?

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                  I know the Maine fans see it differently but I thought that UNH gave the BBears both games last year...first game, if we don't ice the puck, Maine doesn't get the goal to end the period and has no momentem at all....spilt milk. Point being that if UNH sklates it's game, they shouldn't have any trouble...especially if you add in what Walrus has said....but then again it's why they play the game....Maine is never easy, let alone in Alfonse
                  If UNH sklates it's game at Alfonse... LOL... I like that.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    If UNH sklates it's game at Alfonse... LOL... I like that.
                    LOL. I saw that, but I wanted to see who would comment first. Alfonse. Instant classic.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                      I'm comin up Wally. Downstairs at Pat's before the game?
                      Doubt I can make it to Pats before hand, good you're coming up, Alfond should be in rare form. Be prepared for cold and snow, Winter appears to be here finally

Comment

I'm ready to see Adam Shemansky get sat down as a healthy scratch. Kid's got a heart for the game, a knack for being at the right place at the right time which turned him into a pesky finisher early

but he fizzled out in the last 2 months last year. He's sitting with only 4 points on the year, 3 of which came in the first 5 games. And he's a team worst -4. His game can rebound but he needs a kick in the can.

After the top two lines, I go Mangene, Leidermark, Beattie on 3 and Corkum, Anthoine and Theo's health depending on 4.

Sullivan Friday. Ouellette Sunday.
                        Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                          LOL. I saw that, but I wanted to see who would comment first. Alfonse. Instant classic.
                          I can see Alfonse being intentional. Sklate, though...

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Overrated.

What's more interesting is to see is that you have the "big 4" taking up half of the top 8, and the other two HEA teams in the poll are Merrimack at 17 (ok, they've been getting better yaer by year), and Providence "also recieving votes". Outside of Hokydad, whoda thunkit?
                          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

Yaughn....looks like this "rivalry" is officially dead. We're gonna hafta turn to the tree huggers and elephant walkers for a little enthusiasm.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Yaughn....looks like this "rivalry" is officially dead. We're gonna hafta turn to the tree huggers and elephant walkers for a little enthusiasm.
                              Sandbagging from both sides make for no fun. You guys suck, you cheat, your players can't keep their hands to themselves (or away from 12 year olds), your arena is a dump, you have a lousy coach, you tied UConn, couldn't even beat BC at Conte... uhhhh yeah... thats it.

Good luck Friday, though!

Comment

Working...
                              X