Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

After this weekend BU is up to 3 losses, similarly NU is now up to 3 wins.

I have to assume #35 is getting the nod for BU.

Re: Northeastern at Boston University 12/8

no one care about this game?
    time to write new history

Comment

Just you, me and Agganis....

Comment

I care. Almost more than I cared about this past weekend (lying).

The BU squad needs to learn from its mistakes and come out strong.

NU beat Merrimack (can't believe I'm writing this) so they're not to be underestimated.
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

As a NU fan I dont know what is worse. Playing bu when they are on a roll, or playing them after they got their behinds handed to them against their biggest rival. Great game to be walking into.

I guess the one plus for NU right now is that might be facing the weakest goalie in Hockey East, which for a team that can barely get two goals in a game, is just what the doctor ordered.

On the other hand, outside of the 1-0 NU win at Matthews last year, bu has owned NU since Cronin took over. For whatever reason, NU has more success against BC then they do bu.

My favorite is watching bu on the PP. All of NU knows that bu loves to score on the PP via the backdoor play against NU, everyone but the players that is. It gets a bit frustrating to watch time and time again.

But for NU right now the senior line is doing all the scoring, the freshmen dmen have been outstanding, check out # 6 Oleksiak, kinda hard to miss him at 6-7 and the kid has been the best dman for NU this year, and is playing like a potential #1 draft pick this spring. I dont think he is even 18 yet. Bitetto has had his moments to and of late has been not been shy shooting the puck. Rawlings has been outstanding this year, but bu lit him up those last two games last year that cost NU a playoff spot.

NU has been giving up the first goal alot lately, so I expect the same thing on Wednesday. Most of the time they give up the first two goals, and then storm back for a tie. That probably wont work in this game though. I would guess bu 5 - nu 2. bu gets straightened out a bit and NU goes into the break with some time to heal and get ready for what should be a nice schedule for a home ice run in January.
          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
            As a NU fan I dont know what is worse. Playing bu when they are on a roll, or playing them after they got their behinds handed to them against their biggest rival. Great game to be walking into.

I guess the one plus for NU right now is that might be facing the weakest goalie in Hockey East, which for a team that can barely get two goals in a game, is just what the doctor ordered.

On the other hand, outside of the 1-0 NU win at Matthews last year, bu has owned NU since Cronin took over. For whatever reason, NU has more success against BC then they do bu.

My favorite is watching bu on the PP. All of NU knows that bu loves to score on the PP via the backdoor play against NU, everyone but the players that is. It gets a bit frustrating to watch time and time again.

But for NU right now the senior line is doing all the scoring, the freshmen dmen have been outstanding, check out # 6 Oleksiak, kinda hard to miss him at 6-7 and the kid has been the best dman for NU this year, and is playing like a potential #1 draft pick this spring. I dont think he is even 18 yet. Bitetto has had his moments to and of late has been not been shy shooting the puck. Rawlings has been outstanding this year, but bu lit him up those last two games last year that cost NU a playoff spot.

NU has been giving up the first goal alot lately, so I expect the same thing on Wednesday. Most of the time they give up the first two goals, and then storm back for a tie. That probably wont work in this game though. I would guess bu 5 - nu 2. bu gets straightened out a bit and NU goes into the break with some time to heal and get ready for what should be a nice schedule for a home ice run in January.
            Rollheiser is the weakest goalie in Hockey East because....

he beat the #3 team in the country two weeks ago?

Comment

These two things should be the other way around. Aside from the BC games, both of BU's goalies have been great this year. And even with the recent struggles, BU is still head and shoulders above Maine and UML in net.

The PP, however, has been horrendous. Back door, front door, side door, it doesn't really matter. BU can't score on the PP.

NU's been playing well lately after a tough start, while BU was kind of riding in the middle of the road for a month before being driven off it and into a ditch by BC. I don't know what to expect in this game. I could see a close game or I could see a blowout by either team. Should be interesting to see how BU responds with the quick turnaround.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                no one care about this game?
                Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                Just you, me and Agganis....
                I'm still drowning my [hic!] sorrwos.
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Back door, front door, side door, it doesn't really matter. BU can't score on the PP.
                  reread that a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    reread that a couple of times.
                    Not entirely unintentional. I could've said "BU sucks on the PP" (which is still one of my favorite signs ever).
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

But for NU right now the senior line is doing all the scoring, the freshmen dmen have been outstanding, check out # 6 Oleksiak, kinda hard to miss him at 6-7 and the kid has been the best dman for NU this year, and is playing like a potential #1 draft pick this spring.
                      that kid is a beast, I didn't realize he was a Freshman, he could be something great for you guys down the road.
                      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Game night bump.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

This is my first game back at HAA since Maine. Please don't suck BU.

I expect an atmosphere flatter than an Illinois "A."

BU Hockey: Rebound or Regress?
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Heading over to the game tonight...what's my best bet for parking?

Comment

I almost always park on Pleasant St in Brookline across from the arena.

It runs perpendicular to Comm Ave and you can park on the side of the street that faces Boston.

It's free, close and I've never gotten a ticket.

If you can get there around 5 PM you might just get a metered spot on Comm Ave. Bring 4 quarters for that.

See you all there. Hopefully they get it together.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...ed=0CBYQ8gEwAA
                              Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 12-08-2010, 09:57 AM.
                              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X