BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

I am watching the Canadien/Red Wing game on NHL and they put up a graphic for tomorrow's BU/RPI game. Problem is, Bu is playing the RPI Red Hawks, whoever they are.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      I am watching the Canadien/Red Wing game on NHL and they put up a graphic for tomorrow's BU/RPI game. Problem is, Bu is playing the RPI Red Hawks, whoever they are.
      I'm sure they googled "rpi hockey" and saw the first two search results listing "...Official site of the Red Hawks..." I don't know how one goes about undoing this, but that ought to be our new marketing person's #1 goal in life.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I'm sure they googled "rpi hockey" and saw the first two search results listing "...Official site of the Red Hawks..." I don't know how one goes about undoing this, but that ought to be our new marketing person's #1 goal in life.
        Once the fix that, they should watch the program on at 2PM tomorrow on the NHL network. Tiger Pride is a one hour commercial for Colorado College hockey. We need to get programming like that on a national network.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        Gary Player

Comment

My preview. Also, we'll be live blogging the game (assuming we get internet there).
          Last edited by Federal League; 12-10-2010, 08:52 PM.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            My preview. Also, we'll be live blogging the game (assuming we get internet there).
            If you've got a media pass, yes, will be some internet in the press box. If not, hopefully you're live blogging from your phone, there's no open Wi-Fi unless one of the nearby dorms has an open signal (unlikely).
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
              If you've got a media pass, yes, will be some internet in the press box. If not, hopefully you're live blogging from your phone, there's no open Wi-Fi unless one of the nearby dorms has an open signal (unlikely).
              Yeah, we're in the press box. Good news.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Not sure how much of this quote I'm going to include in my preview, so here's the whole thing from Parker:
                They're a great opponent, the atmosphere there is great, I love their rink.... but if one of my friends didn't get a job their I had no intention of ever playing them again? Hmmm half of that seems like coach speak to me, I'll let you guess which half

Comment

Nice preview FL. I'll be looking forward to your opinion of how things turn out.

Comment

So many great memories of BU at the Field House. Capt. Jack has had so many good teams. Dave Silk, Jimmy Craig, Jack O' Callahan. The eastern core of the 80s Gold Medal team. My favorite BU players were actually the Fiddler brothers. And who can forget those awesome white hockey gloves.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      They're a great opponent, the atmosphere there is great, I love their rink.... but if one of my friends didn't get a job their I had no intention of ever playing them again? Hmmm half of that seems like coach speak to me, I'll let you guess which half
                      Perhaps someone who was around at the time can provide more clarity, but I believe there were a lot of rivalries that were cut off for a while after the HE teams left the ECAC. I think there were a lot of schools who had no intention of playing some or all of the teams from the other league.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        So many great memories of BU at the Field House. Capt. Jack has had so many good teams. Dave Silk, Jimmy Craig, Jack O' Callahan. The eastern core of the 80s Gold Medal team. My favorite BU players were actually the Fiddler brothers. And who can forget those awesome white hockey gloves.
                        I don't go back that far, my first BU/RPI game I saw Mike Grier and Jay Pandolfo. Over the years I got to see a lot of future NHLers in BU uniforms. They have had great talent over the years.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        Gary Player

Comment

I really do think having Hicks do the game is a mistake. His glaring downfall is interjecting himself in the game. Like most ECAC refs, he over officiates the game. This is a big mistake because it is a nationally televised game. IMO, this is Paul Stewart trying to stick it to our great coach. Sorry to say but nothing has improved under Paul's tenure. It's ashame because the league is getting better while the officiating is in decline.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Perhaps someone who was around at the time can provide more clarity, but I believe there were a lot of rivalries that were cut off for a while after the HE teams left the ECAC. I think there were a lot of schools who had no intention of playing some or all of the teams from the other league.
                            Correct. Of course, quite a few combinations weren't really rivalries anyway.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good luck today RPI
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Just saw that this one is on NHL network. yeah!
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X