SCSU at UND battle for the headshot rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU at UND battle for the headshot rule

hard fought and a tough win, but the Sioux are looking real good right now.

Tonight's battle will probably be tougher for both squads. Points are going to be earned in this series, not given.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
      Points are going to be earned in this series, not given.
      Well, we're screwed.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Talked with Boomer in GF. He sys we sucked. They played a solid 3 minutes at the end of the game, when it was too late. Did anyone else think Lee looked silly when he got way out of the net, then flopped while the Sioux popped one in the open net? Other than that, he looked ok. I wonder where we'll be playing in the first round WCHA playoffs?
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          Talked with Boomer in GF. He sys we sucked. They played a solid 3 minutes at the end of the game, when it was too late. Did anyone else think Lee looked silly when he got way out of the net, then flopped while the Sioux popped one in the open net? Other than that, he looked ok. I wonder where we'll be playing in the first round WCHA playoffs?
          The huskies played like sh#t last night, but at this point it is par for the course with this team. Lee played well until he gave up his typical one soft goal and cost the team a chance at a tie. yes I said tie. This team wasn't going to score another goal so a tie was the best they were going to get.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

# UND is 7-1-1 on Fridays and 3-4-1 on Saturdays. Another chance for a home sweep is coming.
            The Sioux don't play well on Saturdays...
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

No better time than tonight to reverse the trend!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                I can't believe that those hack UND players only took one penalty all game.
                And Motzko didn't think the one penalty against UND was a good call.

Asked if he was disappointed that the Huskies didn’t have more than one power play, Motzko replied, “I don’t even think we should’ve had the one we got. I thought that was not a very good call.”
                I wonder if the WCHA will fine him for that comment?
                Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                  And Motzko didn't think the one penalty against UND was a good call.
                  I would agree with Mr. Motzko. Mr. Lapointe did not to appear to even touch the SCSU player. There were about five plays in the game where a University of North Dakota player was more deserving of a penalty than Mr. Lapointe was in my opinion. Still we must respect the on-ice officials as their job is not easy. So I was in no way upset about the call even if it did appear incorrect.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The huskies play around 3 minutes of good hockey a game. I was at The Ralph last night, stoked for our first goal, but then we just let up, sloppy passes and we couldn't handle any of the pressure. UND in the second and third periods was a far superior team.

Side note, why did they review the one goal? After they showed the replay at the arena it was clear it was a goal. Lee played well in net, terrible defensive breakdowns and bad turnovers cost us some big goals.

Furthermore, I love just walking to the arena with my vintage Husky jersey on and being yelled obscenities at, classy as usual, and I expect nothing less from the trashiest most classless fans in the WCHA, you never let me down Sioux faithful....cue all the Sioux Bo-Bos on here slandering SCSU
                    Living a Lifetime of bleeding RED & BLACK

SIOUX is a GIRLS name....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I would agree with Mr. Motzko. Mr. Lapointe did not to appear to even touch the SCSU player. There were about five plays in the game where a University of North Dakota player was more deserving of a penalty than Mr. Lapointe was in my opinion. Still we must respect the on-ice officials as their job is not easy. So I was in no way upset about the call even if it did appear incorrect.
                      Agree, that penalty was BS, but there were some other calls that should have been made
                      Living a Lifetime of bleeding RED & BLACK

SIOUX is a GIRLS name....

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Production Man View Post
                        The huskies play around 3 minutes of good hockey a game. I was at The Ralph last night, stoked for our first goal, but then we just let up, sloppy passes and we couldn't handle any of the pressure. UND in the second and third periods was a far superior team.

Side note, why did they review the one goal? After they showed the replay at the arena it was clear it was a goal. Lee played well in net, terrible defensive breakdowns and bad turnovers cost us some big goals.

Furthermore, I love just walking to the arena with my vintage Husky jersey on and being yelled obscenities at, classy as usual, and I expect nothing less from the trashiest most classless fans in the WCHA, you never let me down Sioux faithful....cue all the Sioux Bo-Bos on here slandering SCSU
                        Gotcha, only you get to slander

As far as the 2nd goal, it was a legitimate use of replay as there was some question as to whether the puck was in the net before it came off its moorings. Saying that, it was clearly a goal.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

you deserved it

Comment

The Sioux did not play well last night but they didn't have to because of the overall play of st cloud, tonight will probably be different. I gone to many opposing teams arenas and always get a little ribbing here and there but you expect that.... maybe you tucked your vintage jersey too far into your big girl panties and that is why you got picked on. My suggestion would be to get some tissues, ignore the couple of taunts that you will inevitably receive at an away arena and try to enjoy some good WCHA hockey.

Comment

No way! That is ridiculous! I'm so glad that it is never like that when I go to the National Concrete Center donning my Sioux gear. Every St. Cloud fan cheers at me when I walk by. SCSU fans give me nothing but compliment after compliment for the Sioux jersey I'm wearing.

Get some thicker skin or just don't leave the comforts of your home arena if you can't handle the jeering.

Comment

Is it too much to hope for the Huskies to try and get double digit shots in any one period tonight?
                                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                                www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Working...
                                X