Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fanboys and Superfrauds, 251st and 252nd Edition (12/3, 12/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fanboys and Superfrauds, 251st and 252nd Edition (12/3, 12/4)

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    About Conte, windows, and the sun... I don't think the sun can really get onto the ice knowing all of the "structures" around Conte, and I am 99.9999% sure that if it ever did that it would not melt the ice. Those windows on the opposite side of the football stadium are just feet from a rock wall that goes up 30 feet, which is the edge of where the reservoir was filled in and on top of it are various building like O'Neill Library. That rock wall is just 10-15 feet away from the Conte walls/windows. No sun could ever come in from there directly. On the other side, you have just the luxury boxes, doubtful any sun would come in through there even if the blinds weren't shut. And on the two long sides you do have the long set of doors but on one side you have Merckert blocking a majority of that side and on the other side it is somewhat open but you have the garage, dorms on Comm Ave, and a larger dorm next to the garage that would block any sun at a low angle, the only time it would ever have a shot of getting in directly from those doors (and even that would be doubtful with the steps that go up to block it.

edit - the most likely way for sun to get directly into Conte and close to the ice are the two corner entrances with glass doors and some longer glass windows on the side opposite from Alumni Stadium. I think that is the only way sun could directly get onto the ice because the tunnel for the corner sections line up directly with the entrances there... but even that would be tough (although reflected light could make it through but that changes everything).

edit #2 - this thread really sucks.
    Et I am 100.0000% sure anybodys who ave de time et inclinatione to wrting 2 paragraf at 8 turty in da morning on a works day about ow de sun come tru da window at a ockey rink 13 year ago reeeeelllly need to get a life. MAybe? Non? Mon Dieu....

Comment

Jeff Farkas befor da suns come into contey

*****http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bc/sports/m-hockey/99-00roster/p-farkas.jpg******

Et apres da suns do it work

*****http://lolabrigada.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dwarf-muscle-5.jpg******

Comment

Thanks for your input on the subject Chuck Rabbit. Maybe you can post about it three days in a row tomorrow. On another note, I really think this is UNH's year!!!! Not really, I'm just messing with all you UNH fans.

Any chance we see you at BC-UNH at the end of the season? I'll keep an eye out for the Expos hat.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Were you in a coma in 2009?
          The 2009 team from the get-go established itself as a team that was looking to win more than a Beanpot and home ice in Hockey East. I pretty much ignored BC that season, because the Terriers' success was going to be something that they would have full control over - that team had the ability to crush their opponents through sheer will and talent.

It's when the two teams are more evenly matched that I equate BC's successes and BU's failures, and vice versa...primarily because it's therapeutic, partially because in my heart of hearts I know that the highlight of our season will probably be a BC series win and a Beanpot.

2009 was an asterisk year for me as a BU fan, because I knew we were going to win the Natty once we won the Icebreaker...there was just that feeling.
          Not changing my sig until we do it again...
          2009 Boston University Terriers

Icebreaker Champions
          Beanpot Champions
          Denver Cup Champions
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions
          Hockey East Tournament Champions
          National Rookie of the Year
          National Coach of the Year
          Hobey Baker Award
          NCAA Division 1 Men's Ice Hockey Champions

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

I have a real hard time getting excited about that 1949 banner and laugh at people that get jazzed up about championships won before they were born or were old enough to care. YAY, we're Michigan, we won a boatload of titles back in the 40s and 50s... YAY!!!! Who gives a frick.

Of course, BU does have fans around that witnessed all of their national titles and kudos to them. But if a young turd wants to talk about "5" like anything other than 2009 is meaningful, well that is just laughable.
            You bring up a good point. I feel pretty much the same way (read my sig).

As a Devils and Mets fan, I have a serious problem when I encounter people from Montreal who call Brodeur fat and say the Devils are a joke because the Habs have won 23 more Cups than the Devs have. Funny thing is, I've been to all three single Cup-clinching games in Devils history...I haven't even met a single Habs fan who went in '93. And dealing with Yankee fans is the same. Keep talking to me about how awesome Mickey Mantle was - because, you know, you got to watch him play, right? Ridiculous.

Although - I think with collegiate sports it's a bit different. Colleges, universities, and their athletic departments aren't bought and sold and don't move locations for financial reasons or go through major overhaul re-brandings. Players don't get traded or leave for big money contracts - for the most part, they show up, become a part of a family for four years, and then stay in that family as alumni. There is something more fraternal about collegiate sports and their fans than that of pro sports. So, I think it's cool that you can go to the BU book store and buy a big banner that commemorates our 5 National Championships. Would be a sweet item to see at BC, Denver, Michigan, wherever.

I think the most important think, though, that needs to be realized is that knowing your program achieved greatness in another era is something to be immensely proud of. It's impressive to climb a mountain, but more important to do so more than once.
            Last edited by Section Eight; 12-01-2010, 12:37 PM.

Icebreaker Champions
            Beanpot Champions
            Denver Cup Champions
            Hobey Baker Award

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              *****http://6.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/24/66/collegehumor.f9c0eb12008f018391c705e42fb9d84d.jpg******
              Hahaha that's awesome! I've never seen that...when/where is this from?!

Icebreaker Champions
              Beanpot Champions
              Denver Cup Champions
              Hobey Baker Award

Comment

Originally posted by Section Eight View Post
                Hahaha that's awesome! I've never seen that...when/where is this from?!
                Three blocks past Hynes, if you were walking towards Matthews/NU. Early in the 09-10 school year, before the season had started.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  Three blocks past Hynes, if you were walking towards Matthews/NU. Early in the 09-10 school year, before the season had started.
                  Oh, so it's not even from this rivalry, or a real rivalry at all. Well then that doesn't count.

C'mon Eagees, be more original here.
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Just because someone else said it doesn't mean it isn't true
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      Yeah right out Symphony Hall... that sign is still there, maybe I'll go tinker with it tonight... Not that I'm a criminal or anything.
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I have a real hard time getting excited about that 1949 banner and laugh at people that get jazzed up about championships won before they were born or were old enough to care. YAY, we're Michigan, we won a boatload of titles back in the 40s and 50s... YAY!!!! Who gives a frick.

Of course, BU does have fans around that witnessed all of their national titles and kudos to them. But if a young turd wants to talk about "5" like anything other than 2009 is meaningful, well that is just laughable.
                        once y'all won in 2001, the whole "1949" became nothing. it was, over my first 15 years cheering for the terriers, great fun to chant that at your boys.

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        1. Regarding the first meeting between BU - BC in the 1997-98 season, I wouldn't say BU "stomped" BC. It was a close game for most of the contest, BU gradually wore BC down, primarily because Chris Drury played for BU. The game was played on the first Sunday afternoon in December, IIRC.

2. Regarding the second meeting at Conte, yes BU took an early 2 - 0 lead and Clemmensen stopped Drury cold to prevent BU from taking a 3 - 0 lead. BC gradually BU down to win, signalling BC's ascendence and the depth of the talent in its underclassmen.
                        i remember that game bc won that y'all are talking about. bu jumped out to that lead and bc had a pp. jerry pulled the goalie to get another extra guy out there. we couldn't believe he was pulling his goalie in the middle of the game like that.

woke his team up though.. that broke something like an 18 game unbeaten streak that bu had vs the igles. (i remember also during that time some dude in section 6 down low holding a big sign one night that read "16-0-1... WHAT RIVALRY?" kinda funny.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          i remember that game bc won that y'all are talking about. bu jumped out to that lead and bc had a pp. jerry pulled the goalie to get another extra guy out there. we couldn't believe he was pulling his goalie in the middle of the game like that.

woke his team up though..
                          You sure about that? I don't think he would do something like that. I remember York calling a timeout after BU's 2nd goal and Reasoner just went berserk on the bench. The BC archives show Gionta getting the first goal 4x4.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            You sure about that? I don't think he would do something like that. I remember York calling a timeout after BU's 2nd goal and Reasoner just went berserk on the bench. The BC archives show Gionta getting the first goal 4x4.
                            your game was at bc.... game i'm thinking of was at wba.

lemme see what i can find.... i'm pretty sure it wasn't the 65 save performance that greg taylor threw at them for a tie. but either that season or the one that followed. (getting old sux! )
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              your game was at bc.... game i'm thinking of was at wba.
                              How big of a petition do you think we'd have to get together to persuade BC & BU to play just one more game at WBA? I would do anything for a ticket to that.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                BU effing sucks. It is so inferior academically and athletically it isn't even worth mentioning. It will be a pleasure watching all the BU students trudge out of Conte toward their armpit school after BC wipes the ****ing floor with them en route to a sweep that finally exposes BU's inflated record.

Good God, I hate that garbage school.
                                PS... I'm glad someone got p!$$y enough over this to give me a neg (grey) rep. I was serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X