No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Yale & Brown (12/3, 12/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Yale & Brown (12/3, 12/4)

Back to the league schedule. The Capital District visits southern New England.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Yale & Brown (12/3, 12/4)

The real test begins. 4 good teams and these will not be quiet games. There will be some fireworks here.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      The real test begins. 4 good teams and these will not be quiet games. There will be some fireworks here.
      December 3rd will pit the #1 (at least for now) offense against the #1 (but probably not anymore, likely #2-4) defense.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        December 3rd will pit the #1 (at least for now) offense against the #1 (but probably not anymore, likely #2-4) defense.
        I think you can throw out last year's results between these two teams. Personnel changes. But there will be no love lost between them-I suspect these games will be knock down brawls. We will be going in a bit short handed missing CJ Lee and JFK but our freshmen have gained a lot of experience in the past 13 games and our defense has been pretty solid.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Going against a well rested Yale team can be either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how the rust shows in the first game of the weekend. Yale's defense and goaltending have improved, which actually surprised a local fan like myself. I would say that our offense is still a step behind last year, even with the amount of goals scored per game, if the first three lines decide to click on the same night, I would not want to be Yale's opponent though. Both teams should beware Brown, they are a good team that is getting better, they played very well against Yale earlier in the season. I will be at both games and look forward to some great hockey.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Brown swept Cornell and Colgate on the road, tied UNH, and gave BU all they could handle tonight, tying 4-4. Bottom line is they aren't gonna to sneak up on anyone, especially RPI.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

And, with reference to the UNH game, we led by 2 with under 3 minutes to play. This team has talent and it has desire. This is the most grueling stretch of our season- @Colgate and Cornell, where we hadn't swept in 18 years; at #6 and #2 in the country; hosting two ranked teams in RPI and Union; a much improved Providence team for the always hard-fought Mayor's Cup; BU again, and then either Notre Dame or Minnesota State. Thus far, were 2-0-2, and seem to be improving with each passing game. Whittet will have the troops pumped up to play two extremely tough opponents this weekend. It won't be an easy series for any of the four teams, but if you like close, tough hockey games, this coming weekend will be an absolute delight.

Comment

Schools Conf All
                Dartmouth 5-2-1 6-3-1
                Princeton 5-2 5-4
                Yale 4-0 8-1
                Quinnipiac 3-3-1 7-6-1
                Union 2-1-1 7-2-3
                Brown 2-1-1 3-2-3
                Clarkson 2-2-1 7-5-2
                Rensselaer 2-2 7-3-3
                St. Lawrence 2-3 2-7-3
                Cornell 2-4 3-6
                Harvard 2-6 2-6
                Colgate 0-5-1 2-9-1
                Last edited by LTsatch; 11-27-2010, 11:59 PM.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Three posts already by Yale fans. That might be an all-time recrod on these threads.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great job starting Merriam on Friday. I never would have thought. That is just a great thing for Seth, the team and the goalies. I know it left some fans scratching their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I think you can throw out last year's results between these two teams. Personnel changes. But there will be no love lost between them-I suspect these games will be knock down brawls. We will be going in a bit short handed missing CJ Lee and JFK but our freshmen have gained a lot of experience in the past 13 games and our defense has been pretty solid.
                      I didn't even have that in mind. However, the UCONN game dropped us down to a tie for the #4 defense in the nation with Boston College. My statement is still true though, because Union is now the #1 defense in the nation.

You're absolutely right that we'll be short-handed (unless JFK thinks he's ready to go, though I highly doubt it). Here's to a fun weekend of hockey coming up.

Comment

here's hoping that the firm of "Hagwell & Stewart" see what a great wknd. of hockey it could be with these 4 teams. Please don't ruin it by assigning officials with less than average skills Mr. Hagwell. You can make all the speeches you want...to the media, about your confidence in ALL your officials but we all know that's not true. All 4 games should be fast & physical. The last thing anyone wants to see is 15-20 penalties called every game. Assign officials who know how to officiate games without being THE deciding factor in said games.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I didn't even have that in mind. However, the UCONN game dropped us down to a tie for the #4 defense in the nation with Boston College. My statement is still true though, because Union is now the #1 defense in the nation.

You're absolutely right that we'll be short-handed (unless JFK thinks he's ready to go, though I highly doubt it). Here's to a fun weekend of hockey coming up.
                          UCONN managed to score 8 times combined v. Union and RPI, both of which teams opted to start backup goaltenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                            Great job starting Merriam on Friday. I never would have thought. That is just a great thing for Seth, the team and the goalies. I know it left some fans scratching their heads.
                            That's all you have to say? Seriously? I honestly hope you weren't at the games this past weekend.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I thought I'd remind everyone that Union at Yale has actually been changed to Sunday the 5th at 3:00 for broadcast on ESPNU.

Comment

Working...
                              X