RPI Hoilday Tournament--Bowling Green & RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Hoilday Tournament--Bowling Green & RPI

In last night's action, Bowling Green beat UAH, 5-1... RPI sprinted past UConn, 6-5, in a wild third period. The championship game starts at 7 tonight. Go, Red!

Has anyone heard about CJ Lee's condition?
    Here we come!

Re: RPI Hoilday Tournament--Bowling Green & RPI

Scanning the other threads it seems that positive word is out on CJ's condition... and that he has been released from the hospital. There is much to be thankful for...
    Here we come!

Comment

Exciting but poorly played game by us last night. Too many defenive errors and poor goaltending. I do like that we scored 6 however. Tonight let's get back to RPI hockey-taking few penalties, holding the opposition to 1 or 2 goals and let find the net early and often. A win here and the momentum continues. I expect a number of roster changes tonight-York definitely in. Tweaking of the lines and perhaps Tinordi in. Take nothing for granted, take o prisoners-just play hard from the opening whistle. Gosh I love this game!! Let's Go Red!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

2010-11
        Thread-Starting Statistics:
        Code:
        Ralph Baer         2- 0- 2  3 points  .750
        fr joe             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
        rpihockeyfan13     1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
        burgie12           1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
        engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
        Waite21            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        Cumulative 2003-4 - 2010-11 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
        fr joe            17-24- 6 40 points  .426
        Ralph Baer        15-22- 7 37 points  .420
        engineerhockeyfan 15-18- 4 34 points  .459
        hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
        Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
        GRussinko          7-12- 1 15 points  .375
        rpihockeyfan13     6- 5- 1 13 points  .542
        RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
        DrDemento          3-11- 3  9 points  .265
        FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
        HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
        jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
        RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
        JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
        Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
        berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
        ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
        NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
        JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
        Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
        burgie12           1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
        REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
        redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
        Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
        vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
        RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
        Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
        ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
        ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Praying that all positive reports on C.J. are correct. It was noted (on other thread) that Koudys didn't play 3rd period. I recall on the 1st period Conn. goal the UCONN player coming down the right boards when Koudys came over and tried to hip-check him and missed (leading to goal). Just wondering if his hip was hurt when he himself hit the side-boards. Merriam looked like he was having a hard time seeing the puck. Seemed to be stabbing at shots with his catching glove. The D seemed to be letting the shooters shoot from the outside & give Merriam a clear look which for whatever reasons sailed right over his glove hand. Good night to score 6 goals. Paddy played a solid game on the #1 line. Good also to see Brut, AAG & Tyler back in the scoring column. What can you say about Chase! If you were at the game you saw "classic" Polacek... "my friend", "my linemate" "my puck", "my game"...." now get outta the way"....
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

On Bowling Green; very good passing game, very disciplined with their passes. One thing I did notice though, they send a lot of passes cross-ice. UA-H just was not quick enough to pick them off. So, I'm going on record now...Chase will have at least one breakaway goal tonight!
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

side-bar....surprised that no one from the band was there. If so, tonight, if I can listen to the RPI "Fight song" & " Alma Mater"song" here.....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLAY IT AT THE GAME...thank-you
              Last edited by turk181; 11-27-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                side-bar....surprised that no one from the band was there. If so, tonight, if I can listen to the RPI "Fight song" & " Alma Mater"song" here.....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLAY IT AT THE GAME...thank-you
                I don't think the band has played at the Thanksgiving games since my senior year, 07-08. I've tried without luck in years since to hand a CD to the sound guy with explicit instructions for how to play the fight song, alma mater, anthems, etc and have gotten nothing but blank stares before they quietly put the CD in the circular file.

That said, I wouldn't expect to hear any of the above tonight. As an aside, anyone know why they seem to be hell bent on having the same person sing the Star-Spangled Banner at every game? It's done at funeral dirge tempo and drives me nuts. Wouldn't be so bad if we could just pick up the pace a little.
                APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                  I don't think the band has played at the Thanksgiving games since my senior year, 07-08. I've tried without luck in years since to hand a CD to the sound guy with explicit instructions for how to play the fight song, alma mater, anthems, etc and have gotten nothing but blank stares before they quietly put the CD in the circular file.

That said, I wouldn't expect to hear any of the above tonight. As an aside, anyone know why they seem to be hell bent on having the same person sing the Star-Spangled Banner at every game? It's done at funeral dirge tempo and drives me nuts. Wouldn't be so bad if we could just pick up the pace a little.
                  I would be Ok with any version of the Banner-as long as it isn't Hip-Hop. But i know what you mean.
                  Last edited by DrDemento; 11-27-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...=936.....lines are out, wonder if Malchuk is injured

Comment

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...=936.....lines are out, wonder if Malchuk is injured
                      Tinordi and Smith in; Malchuk and Lee out. York in goal. Lots of line shuffling.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Tinordi and Smith in; Malchuk and Lee out. York in goal. Lots of line shuffling.
                        Looks like SA wanted some more size for tonight

Comment

As a side note, the women had a tie against SU, 2-2.

Comment

Because they're so hell bent on trying to prevent us from yelling "Red" during the anthem.

Comment

As an aside, anyone know why they seem to be hell bent on having the same person sing the Star-Spangled Banner at every game? It's done at funeral dirge tempo and drives me nuts. Wouldn't be so bad if we could just pick up the pace a little.
                              I believe that she is a member of the Rensyllyrics. It wouldn't surprise me if the program has worked out an arrangement so that she (or some other member of the a capella groups) sings before every game. And, I'm sure that she's sung every one of them because no one has complained about the quality of the anthem. If you have an issue, I would bring it up with either the director of marketing, or someone else involved with the program.

Malchuk went down early in the third, but he was back in and played a normal amount of shifts the rest of the way. I'm wondering if Appert is just playing the safe route tonight.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                              X