Western Flavor Turkey Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Flavor Turkey Tournaments

Check out the great previews for the strong line-up of teams that will be playing at the Western venues.

http://www.d3westhockey.com/

For those who will be in attendance use this thread to let everyone know if you are intersted in meeting some of the USCHO forum members in the crowd.

Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the hockey from wherever you sit !

NorthernLite ~

Re: Western Flavor Turkey Tournaments

That reminds me...I gotta get some ice.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Bayliner2555 will be at 4 games this weekend. Look for me next to the visiting team penalty box. I will be wearing my one of a kind Bulldog hat.

Comment

My wife and I will be in our usual spot on the far blue line in the Lawrence rink....
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post
          Bayliner2555 will be at 4 games this weekend. Look for me next to the visiting team penalty box. I will be wearing my one of a kind Bulldog hat.
          Hammer will either be outside....ummmm, discussing current hockey events.......or somewhere in Section C.

God, that was fun...

Comment

In Adrian:

Geneseo defeats Hamline in the first game 3-2. That's a fair assessment of how the game went. I don't think Hamline played quite as poorly tonight as others I spoke with this evening, but there was no doubt that Geneseo was the better team tonight.

In the 2nd game, Eau Claire tipped a shot in at 2:15 of OT to beat Adrian 4-3. Fluke goal? Eh. Whatever. That sort of thing happens in overtime. What was not a fluke was Eau Claire's 3-1 lead in the 3rd period. Eau Claire deserved to win this game. The fact that it came in overtime is academic.
            Last edited by Hammer; 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let's pick up where we left off here. I saw four games this weekend at Arrington. Well, three games plus 2 periods of the Hamline-Geneseo game. I don't think the scoreboard lied all weekend. The best team won all four games.

Geneseo skated well both games, but I was disappointed by the lack of finishing. Watching the Eau Claire-Geneseo game I would never have guessed that this would have been a 2-0 game. I could see a 2-goal game, but more of the 4-2 or 5-3 variety.

As for Adrian and Hamline, that was more of the Adrian team that I'm used to seeing. Hamline did not play poorly at all, in my mind. It was just that Adrian was better.

I do have a beef, though, and it does not relate to either team. The three officials that worked the game did a very poor job when it came to handing out all three CTH majors. A Hamline player and Adrian's Dovey both got 5 for CTH on each other, and later Adrian's Mike Towns took a CTH major in the 2nd on a hit to the chest. Now, I guess I must have flunked biology in school somewhere along the line, because I always thought a person's head was on top of their neck, and not between their nipples. That's exactly where Towns hit the Hamline player. Were all three calls legitimate penalties? In my mind, yes. Did any of them warrant majors? Absolutely not, new crackdown or otherwise. Other than that, it was a nicely officiated weekend.

All in all a very good weekend of hockey, and our three guests gave very good accounts of themselves for the weekend.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
              X