Skills Competition Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skills Competition Information

Does anyone have information (namely times) for the skills competition for this year's frozen four?

Thanks in advance

Re: Skills Competition Information

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say it'll probably be Fri at around 7ish.

Honestly? Skip that and see the town.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I'm gonna take a wild stab and say it'll probably be Fri at around 7ish.

Honestly? Skip that and see the town.
      Thanks! I figured as much, but I haven't been to the FF since 2007 so I didn't know if there had been changes. I couldn't find specifics.

As for the advice - we are flying in Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night! We have every intention of catching a Twins/A's game, spending time at Mall of America, and we still have ample hours on our itinerary to take in a lot of what the twin cities have to offer! But I personally had a blast at the skills competition 3 years ago, so I'm definitely checking it out! I think being there for the All-American announcements and the Hobey ceremony - it really rounds out the year right for a die hard college hockey fan!

Speaking of which.....Any of you Minnesota natives have advice on other unique things to do for a 1st time visit to the state?!

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
        Thanks! I figured as much, but I haven't been to the FF since 2007 so I didn't know if there had been changes. I couldn't find specifics.

As for the advice - we are flying in Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night! We have every intention of catching a Twins/A's game, spending time at Mall of America, and we still have ample hours on our itinerary to take in a lot of what the twin cities have to offer! But I personally had a blast at the skills competition 3 years ago, so I'm definitely checking it out! I think being there for the All-American announcements and the Hobey ceremony - it really rounds out the year right for a die hard college hockey fan!

Speaking of which.....Any of you Minnesota natives have advice on other unique things to do for a 1st time visit to the state?!
        Good luck on Twins tickets: it's the home opener.

You can get a Jucy Lucy (as featured on Man Vs Food/Food Wars) at Matt's Bar, and if you want the meterwurst challenge from Man Vs. Food you can have it at Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit's. They have awesome food, anyway, besides that. For night life, Block E (the main stretch/area of downtown Mpls) has a multitude of restaurants and bars catering to all kinds of people.

If it becomes unseasonably warm, you can always drive around Lake Calhoun, which is part of the Chain Of Lakes.

Maybe some of the other-siders (St Paulites) can tell you more about that side of the Cities.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
        X