#2 BU hosts #32 BU @ HAA_Sat after Tgiving! Silber says we're better!! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 BU hosts #32 BU @ HAA_Sat after Tgiving! Silber says we're better!! :D

too bad this game isn't in providence... could make an evening of it and get something yummy to eat while taking the whole family for $10! that same $10 only gets my car in the garage in boston

i'm picking BU in this tilt.

game on!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: #2 BU hosts #32 BU @ HAA_Sat after Tgiving! Silber says we're better!!

I'd love to have this game in Providence. For years this was the only D-I New England rink I hadn't been to. Now, as I've been waiting, there's been a whole lot more added.
    Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

Seems like this Brown team is much improved. They had a strong finish to last season and some of their freshmen are off to good starts. I'm expecting a close game.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Seems like this Brown team is much improved. They had a strong finish to last season and some of their freshmen are off to good starts. I'm expecting a close game.
        we went down and saw them play #26 union tough last year 2nd semester. got a tie. neat barn.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          we went down and saw them play #26 union tough last year 2nd semester. got a tie. neat barn.
          Is the bear still in the lobby?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

like parker pointed out in his post game presser on Saturday, Brown has one of the better power plays in the nation. should be a good one. hopefully scooby doo will stop getting himself in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              Yup

Comment

This should be a good game Saturday! We just tied UNH at the Whit and swept Colgate and Cornell on the road for the first time in two decades. I plan on making the trip because I think this is our best team since the Yann Danis days of 01-04. I'm very excited for the rest of the season, especially since we're playing such top level competition again (including BU twice in the span of a month and a couple days). Hopefully Saturday's game at Agganis will be an exciting one. I expect my Bears to put up a good fight, but BU should probably win in the end (then again, that's what UNH was saying before trailing us all game tonight and eventually salvaging the tie late).

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Of course! I would absolutely refuse to spend another dollar on Brown athletics if they ever removed that legendary symbol of Brown hockey.

Comment

For any BU fans who might be overlooking this game or might not be excited for it, go read the Brown @ UNH thread. Sounds like Brown plays an exciting style and sounds like they outplayed UNH for most of the game tonight.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      For any BU fans who might be overlooking this game or might not be excited for it, go read the Brown @ UNH thread. Sounds like Brown plays an exciting style and sounds like they outplayed UNH for most of the game tonight.
                      The fact that the team has played 12 games and has only won one game by 2 goals, and one additional by more than 2 should be enough to indicate we can't overlook anyone.

Comment

Any idea if BU is planning on donning a 3rd uni this year? Brown's road sweater is remarkably similar to BU's this year.

After Brown's result against UNH, I'm very interested in how this game plays out.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                          Any idea if BU is planning on donning a 3rd uni this year? Brown's road sweater is remarkably similar to BU's this year.

After Brown's result against UNH, I'm very interested in how this game plays out.
                          we've done it once this year, and lost. i would not anticipate seeing them this weekend.
                          time to write new history

Comment

Speaking of jerseys, I'm glad to see Brown's have white writing. I covered a BU-Brown soccer game two years ago and Brown had brown jerseys with black writing. It was nearly impossible to read the numbers. Quite possibly the dumbest jerseys I've seen in any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              we've done it once this year, and lost. i would not anticipate seeing them this weekend.
                              Which game was it? I unfortunately have not been to any road games this year.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                              X