It's Primelink Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Primelink Week

I'm amazed no one has started this one yet so I'll do it ...
    Where are we at people?
    Norwich 2-0 ... Middlebury 0-2 ... Plattsburgh 3-4 ... St. John's 2-6
    Not quite what we are used to seeing heading into this tournament ... my gut is that there are some good teams here just overdue to explode ... maybe this weekend.
    What do you think?
    Also for you folks in the 'Burgh ... what is the status of tickets at the new and improved but shrunken Stafford for this weekend?

Re: It's Primelink Week

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    I'm amazed no one has started this one yet so I'll do it ...
    Where are we at people?
    Norwich 2-0 ... Middlebury 0-2 ... Plattsburgh 3-4 ... St. John's 2-6
    Not quite what we are used to seeing heading into this tournament ... my gut is that there are some good teams here just overdue to explode ... maybe this weekend.
    What do you think?
    Also for you folks in the 'Burgh ... what is the status of tickets at the new and improved but shrunken Stafford for this weekend?
    I think the Adrian Tournament field is stronger

That being said, I'm fairly certain Plattsburgh and Middlebury will be much stronger this weekend.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

At first glance it is Norwich's title for the taking. However, one weekend doth not a season make and the steam eminating from Middlebury is not from some cosy maple syrup boiler, but from Bill Beaney's ears. Whomever wins the early semifinal on Friday should win the tournament, and The Belt.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am going to look for a Cardinal team with some new found urgency this weekend. If and its a big If the Cards win both games this weekend and one is a solid win against the Cadets handing them their first loss of the season it could be just what the boys need to get their confidence and swagger back.

Comment

Where are we at people? What do you think?
          Could it be that the calibre of play from teams like Conn College, Buffalo State, Tufts, et. al. has improved enough to snooker the Panthers and the Cards? And improved enough that the balance of power is shifting inside their conferences? I like and respect both clubs (when not squared off against the Cadets) and I sure as heck hope that it is improved play by opponents rather than the decline and fall of two major players in Division III hockey. Any thoughts from folks who have actually seen Plattsburg and Middlebury play?
          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

As far as Plattsburgh , Ive been at all home games and watched simulcast of Oswego game , Plattsburgh is very capable of playing much better , the question is if Buff State, Morrisville and Geneseo have another gear when Plattsburgh comes around next semester and more importantly come tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              I think the Adrian Tournament field is stronger

That being said, I'm fairly certain Plattsburgh and Middlebury will be much stronger this weekend.
              Perhaps a more appropriate thread title would be "It's a Weak Primelink"

Comment

As has been stated in another thread, each visiting team is allotted 50 tickets. Then there's the 1200ish Season ticket holders with their reserved seats that will not be re-sold even if they do not show up. Then there's the student section. Then there's the 1900 capacity.

All in all, you're looking at a few hundred tickets going on sale half an hour before puck drop. If you don't get one of your school's allotted tickets, get there early
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I think Middlebury is the team to watch. They played both games without some of their better players, some because of other sport commitments and others because of a Beaney teaching point. Expect a better brand of hockey from them. Norwich didn't look all that good on Sat, and I'm sure that this weeks practices will addresses those issues. I see the Midd -Norwich game as the best of the tournament, and the winner of that game will take home the trophy..
                  Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                    . Norwich didn't look all that good on Sat, and I'm sure that this weeks practices will addresses those issues.

This type of post drives me nuts....It's not that a very good USM team came in with a good game plan and played Norwich tough...Norwich just didn't play well and that's why the score was 3-2 when Norwich got their obligatory power play later in the game ...

Comment

Just announced! Elmira will be in the Primelink next year as opposed to a west invitee!

(According to Coach Emery)
                      Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                      1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                      21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Very hard to handicap the Primelink so early in the season. Norwich may be the favorite but both Plattsburgh and Middlebury are very difficult to beat in a big game like the Primelink. The only team I have seen is Norwich which is intergrating a number of new players into the lineup and will have to face the Middlebury pressure plus I am guessing Martin Drolet (Middlebury best player). Cann't figure out Plattsburgh which was in the final 4 last year and was defeated by Norwich in a very close game. For Norwich fans it will be interesting to see how newcomers Travis Janke and Chris Duszynski do in there first big D3 game. The last weekend both players played well.

Any word if Dylan Clarke will play this weekend for Plattsburgh. I thought I saw somewhere that he was hurt in the last Plattsburgh game.

Question on tickets. I thought with the students out tickets were not a problem this year. Is Plattsburgh going to sale tickets over this phone? It is very frustrating for out of area fans to incur cost to travel accross the lake and not be assured a ticket. On the other hand Plattsburgh fans will always have a ticket when going to Middlebury and Norwich.
                        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Clarke will be in , Satim is a question mark at this point

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                            Any word if Dylan Clarke will play this weekend for Plattsburgh. I thought I saw somewhere that he was hurt in the last Plattsburgh game.
                            He was in the lineup Saturday night against Fredonia. He'll be available for this weekend's games.
                            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                              Just announced! Elmira will be in the Primelink next year as opposed to a west invitee!

(According to Coach Emery)

Sounds like Plattsburgh's way out of making the trip down to Elmira next year.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X