Brown @ UNH - Onions Mans search for Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown @ UNH - Onions Mans search for Glory

Ahhh yes, a throwback to the Tuesday night ECAC days at Sniveley. Should be a win for the Wildcats. Should be.

Discuss.

Re: Brown @ UNH - Onions Mans search for Glory

Should be, yes, but we just swept Colgate and Cornell on the road. Granted, both of those teams are having down years, but we haven't done that since the early 90's. So don't sleep on us!

That said, I do expect a Wildcat win, and not by a very close margin. But we'll see!

Comment

Should win does not mean will win, my friend!

Comment

Except for Moses, UNH looked pretty gassed in the waning minutes of the game against BU on Saturday night. But, the Cats should be rested by Tuesay night and much more focused than they might have been had they swept BU in a game they should have won at Agganis.

Comment

I am more confident than kdiff - I believe Brown can and will win Tuesday. Its style of play will give UNH fits. Unless Clemente is off his game, Brown 4 UNH 2.

Comment

I recall seeing Brown in the ECAC Finals last yr. If not for Scrivens, Brown would have walked out the winner. Very tough fought game. Brown, from what i recall was plenty fast themselves. But while sweeping their recent trip to Upstate NY looks impressive, Cornell at 2-6 and Colgate even worse at 2-7-1 tells a different tail. UNH's stregth of schedule is in a slightly different bracket, at this point in the season. Enough to say, they've played 6 games against teams ranked in the TOP 3 so far this season.. going 3-2-1. I'm taking UNH with a dominating W. Unless of course UNH hasn't solved for the mid-season ECAC/Kryptonite game that always causes us to walk away shaking our heads!! Just so I cover my bases!
            Last edited by i'zonprize; 11-22-2010, 09:19 PM.
            GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Brown has UNH alum Mark White as an assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                I am more confident than kdiff - I believe Brown can and will win Tuesday. Its style of play will give UNH fits. Unless Clemente is off his game, Brown 4 UNH 2.
                What style is that?

Comment

Well, UNH salvages a 5-5 tie with a lot of luck.

Brown clearly outchanced UNH thru most of the game (despite the shot count). UNH must have been flat, or just challenged by the Brown style...... I would guess that the UNH fans might understand that style now.

Great effort by the boys on the road. Let's hope the boys can bring a similar effort at BU.

Comment

Kudos to Brown. They've got some speed, some skill players and solid goaltending. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish high up in the ECAC.
                    Last edited by C-H-C; 11-23-2010, 08:46 PM.
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy66 View Post
                      UNH must have been flat, or just challenged by the Brown style...... I would guess that the UNH fans might understand that style now.
                      What gave UNH fits was the tenacious forechecking. Brown occasionally sent 3 forwards in and the UNH D-Men coughed up the puck way too often.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Very impressed with Brown. UNH was outplayed tonight.

Comment

"When you eliminate all other possibilities, you are left with the only possible answer."

Brown only put up 5 because UNH wasn't focsed...nope, the 'Cats played most of the game very well.

DiGiralamo had an off night... nope, not judging from some of his saves (did you SEE him challenge practically to the blue line?)

UNH played lazy, overlooking the Brown Bears... nope, they fought hard up and down the ice.

The only answer I'm left with is that Brown is a legit good hockey team. They were very opportunistic (assisted by the often snoozing UNH D), and have some **** fast skaters. Their captain, #9 with the really Czech name, was everywhere. They'll be a team to reckon with come ECACs for sure.

Disappointed with UNHs breakdowns, but impressed with their late game compsure once again. God, it was good to be back at whit after over a month...
                          I haven't been on here in a year...
                          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Brown was great - they out-skated and out-muscled UNH all night long...But I couldnt disagree more with your assesment of UNH puckfan. They WERE lazy, they didnt skate until late in the third, they didnt go to the net until late in the third, they were sloppy and lacked focus until late in the third. As bad as they have played all year long. This is not a 'great' UNH team, theyve been successful this season because they've out-worked and out-skated their opponents for 60 minutes...they did it for five tonight.

Flat-footed all night, lots of turnovers and awful defensive coverage led to a lot of great chances for Brown - who could have scored 10 if not for Digi...
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              Brown only put up 5 because UNH wasn't focsed...nope, the 'Cats played most of the game very well.

UNH played lazy, overlooking the Brown Bears... nope, they fought hard up and down the ice.
                              I would dispute both of these, rather strongly. Yes, Brown is better than most people probably think, but UNH looked TERRIBLE for vast stretches of the game, never really skating with the Bears until late in the 3rd (just before they tied it). The final two minutes, and pretty much all of OT, UNH finally skated with Brown, instead of just chasing them all over the ice. The rest of the game, the only time UNH looked evenly matched was on the power play.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                              X