NESCAC What a weekend it was.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NESCAC What a weekend it was.

Now that was a weekend of shake ups, surprises and question marks. Outside of the Nesy, UMass Boston surprised Colby and put a scare in Bowdoin.

Bowdoin looks like the team to beat. They were a little surprised with UMass B but then came out against perennially strong Babson and put on a licking.

Williams also claimed first week dominance putting on a show against CC and then blanking Tufts.

Tufts came into game 2 of the weekend with confidence after upending preseason fave Middlebury. Middlebury will regroup after taking a thorough whooping this weekend. Their game against CC has fans calling for scalps but kudos to CC for a good rebound and going 1:1 prior to Thanksgiving.

Trinity got surprised and lost two, Hamilton on Friday who upset and maybe surprised the Bantams and Amherst on Saturday. Amherst looks dominant going 2:0. Watching the game at Wesleyan on Friday, they will be a significant force in the Nesy. Brock is a stud.

Wesleyan's game on Saturday was a surprise to watch. The cardinals could mount no offense on Friday but put up 3 to beat Hamilton. Hamilton dominated the offensive side outshooting the cardinals unofficially but put up no rebound shots. The Wesleyan power play put up two. Hamilton who shocked Trinity fell to 1:1.

Re: NESCAC What a weekend it was.

Originally posted by NESCAC Fan View Post
    Bowdoin looks like the team to beat. They were a little surprised with UMass B but then came out against perennially strong Babson and put on a licking.
    When is the last time Bowdoin didn't look like the team to beat in the NESCAC in November and December

They start out strong every year and then choke at the end.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      When is the last time Bowdoin didn't look like the team to beat in the NESCAC in November and December

They start out strong every year and then choke at the end.
      Truer words never spoken. Can we avoid the fate of past seasons? A long way to go, but I believe this team has the makings of a top rank goalkeeper, in Messina, and the firepower to overcome past disappointments. We'll see...
      Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Bill Beaney is not a happy camper : http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...s-to-panthers/
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Bill Beaney is not a happy camper : http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...s-to-panthers/
          I believe the last time Middlebury started the year with two losses like that was back in 1993-1994 when they got trounced by Bowdoin and Colby and went on to miss the ECAC East playoffs (that was before NESCAC had its own tournament).

Beaney answered that by bringing in thirteen freshmen the next year en route to his first of five straight national championships in a row. Current Panthers players better beware...

Comment

Heading to Stonehill @ Wesleyan in about 45 minutes... anyone here who can give me insight as to how much tickets cost, etc?
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
            X