Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by Harp 34 View Post
    Nice win last night - the team looked good. Can't wait for more hockey next year, everyone have a good holiday!
    It was great to see everybody and, as always, my thanks to Pat and Eric for their hospitality. Sorry, Eric and Tayt, that the rear-end of the vehicle (as massive as it is) was a bit cramped, but it got us there and back.

Just a great game to watch. Extremely well officiated as well. I was told after the game by a reliable source that any contact to the head penalty is now an automatic 5 min. major. Trust me, Logue can play, and I'm glad he's healthy.

Happy Birthday, to both Bryan Bentley and to Wally Johnson. I wish that Bryan and Trisch could have been with us.

As for Carey, both his goals had me looking up in the rafters in disbelief. He can really thread the needle, has a rocket of a shot, and his release is Dan Marino-like. Those kind of skills can't be taught, and we should just enjoy watching him for as many years as he stays in college. I thought going into this season that he would end up with about the number of goals that he now has (i.e., 9), but that thought proves that I haven't a clue.

A very impressive win by the Saints. 6-4 was deceptive as we rang 3 off the crossbar, and another one hit the the post with the net empty.

Oh, those NY Giants. The NY Post Headline tomorrow will probably read "PHIL-LOP"

Happy Holidays, everybody.
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

In the spirit of the season, here's a photo that proves there can be peace on earth, goodwill towards men, even if it's SLU-Clarkson. LOL. Not only teammates, but linemates right now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4908972...7625526191977/

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all in the North Country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob McKenzie View Post
        In the spirit of the season, here's a photo that proves there can be peace on earth, goodwill towards men, even if it's SLU-Clarkson. LOL. Not only teammates, but linemates right now.

Thanks, Bob, for sharing a great photo. I just hope Mike buried it and Beca didn't get an assist. Couldn't resist. LOL.

Happy Holidays to everybody.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Speaking of photo's.........check out the Worcester Sharks Link and see the photo of TJ for "Movie Poster Giveaway Night".

http://www.sharksahl.com/

Merry Christmas to all our Saints Coaches, players and fans.

Hey McKenzie........don't be such a stranger!!! Come on here and post more often!!!
          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
            Thanks, Bob, for sharing a great photo. I just hope Mike buried it and Beca didn't get an assist. Couldn't resist. LOL.

Happy Holidays to everybody.
            If that was the fla vs gwinett game there was one heck of a brawl in the 2nd.

MM was 1st star with 2 goals.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hey Guys, its been a while since I logged on. Thanks you very much for all of the Birthday wishes and I sure was glad to hear that the Skating Saints brought home a fine victory over former ECAC rival Vermont. Lets hope for a better second half and I am hoping to catch a few more games. I want to wish all Saints Fans a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Go Saints Go

Comment

Merry Christmas everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob McKenzie View Post

I still mean every word I said about Beca last year when we ended their season. I don't know how many of you realize how close they came to being teammates four years earlier but I still like who we took instead.

Bob, you boy has your genes....really enjoy reading his blog on S to the M.

Merry Christmas to Saints fans and families everywhere!
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everybody, hope to see all of you in the new year.

Comment

WOW!!!!
                      2-1 OT win at UNH. Listened to it on the radio and it sounded like we brought our 'A' game. Keller played and I didn't think that that would happen again. Good news all around!

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
                        WOW!!!!
                        2-1 OT win at UNH. Listened to it on the radio and it sounded like we brought our 'A' game. Keller played and I didn't think that that would happen again. Good news all around!
                        Wow is right!!!!!! What a New Years present that was. Congrats to the boys on a huge upset.
                        It was a fitting end considering that goal was waved off. I talked to Tim U who was at the game and he said they were sitting behind the goal and the puck squirted through and it didn't appear the goalie ever had it covered or controlled.

I hope the boys don't have a letdown tomorrow night playing at a "public" skating rink that holds all of 5 or 6 hundred people. I can't believe where they are playing. I used to go skate there at lunch time when I worked at Saab in Orange, CT and it is going to be about as "un-UNH like" an experience.......I hope the boys don't get bummed out when they walk into the place.

What a great way to start the New Year..........I hope it carries over into next weekend as things get real tough real quick and we don't get some home cooking for quite some time.
                        SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                          Wow is right!!!!!! What a New Years present that was. Congrats to the boys on a huge upset.
                          It was a fitting end considering that goal was waved off. I talked to Tim U who was at the game and he said they were sitting behind the goal and the puck squirted through and it didn't appear the goalie ever had it covered or controlled.

I hope the boys don't have a letdown tomorrow night playing at a "public" skating rink that holds all of 5 or 6 hundred people. I can't believe where they are playing. I used to go skate there at lunch time when I worked at Saab in Orange, CT and it is going to be about as "un-UNH like" an experience.......I hope the boys don't get bummed out when they walk into the place.

What a great way to start the New Year..........I hope it carries over into next weekend as things get real tough real quick and we don't get some home cooking for quite some time.
                          Awesome to hear on all counts. Contemplating going tomorrow night, but I'll be a game-time decision. My first tests are tuesday morning, but the tests aren't incredibly hard that day. Also up against it is the US/Canada junior game. You going tomorrow night Mike?

Comment

Hey Everyone

Our UNH colleague, Biz Jacobs, has postgame video from today's game:

Comment

Originally posted by InsideHockey View Post
                              Hey Everyone

Our UNH colleague, Biz Jacobs, has postgame video from today's game:

The image to the video will be fixed shortly. We have another image waiting to be published as the feature on YouTube. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Comment

It was great to have Keller back in the lineup which I really didn't expect to happen this season. He really made a huge difference, particularly on the PK. His health is what really matters.

What a fun game to listen to. It sounded like we blocked a ton of shots and back-checked like there was no tomorrow. To apparently win the game in the waning seconds, have the goal not count, and then win it in OT was as good as it gets. It's amazing what a team can accomplish with everybody healthy.

SLU just beat the #2-ranked team on the road, while killing off 6 minors and about 45 seconds of 5 on 3 in the process. Incredible.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X