Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    Great link and interesting reading about Mike and his travels with the Everblades.

Any in person game reports from Princeton?? It sounded like a continuation of the play at Q Pac and the shots on goal in the stats were very lopsided. I know some of the Tupper Lake crew and Muskieman were there. How about a report from someone who was at the game.
    I was surprised by the goaltending choice after the Q Pac game.
    It was really more of the same from the night before, minus the offensive production. The penalties were more stupid penalties last night as opposed to the night before where most were unwarranted. All 4 Princeton goals were 2nd and 3rd chance goals, resulting from rebounds left in the slot. Where we didn't get burned on those Friday, we did last night. Spads came in for the 3rd and made atleast 3 big stops... I would like to see him get the nod against UVM in a couple weeks. Logue was in the lineup last night and has a similar playstyle to Wick, threw the body around a lot and made some nice plays... he'll be another productive player in his 4 years.

It was good to see everybody from the SE portion of the ECAC this weekend, along with the guys from Tupper Lake. Special thanks to Mark and Mike for Friday night, definitely appreciated.

Comment

Great link and interesting reading about Mike and his travels with the Everblades.

Any in person game reports from Princeton?? It sounded like a continuation of the play at Q Pac and the shots on goal in the stats were very lopsided. I know some of the Tupper Lake crew and Muskieman were there. How about a report from someone who was at the game.
      I was surprised by the goaltending choice after the Q Pac game.
      Well, here's a "report" from somebody who was at both games:

Just looked at the Box Scores to confirm what I thought - the PP's were cumulatively 15-4 in favor of the home teams' this weekend. Some appeared bogus but others on us were so obvious that I could of called them. That said, we were very lucky to get a split.

I know he only played one period, but "Spad's" looked really good. Square to the puck at all times and quick as a cat. Me thinks he will play more as the season progresses. Moss was absolutely phenominal in the first period at Princeton, but a couple of posts that did not go our way during the game and some juicy rebounds that our 'd' did not clear (or cover other guys adequately) did us in in the 2nd. We don't have enough raw talent to spend half, or nearly one-half, of a period in the box and expect to win. Blame the refs. if you wish (and I did during the games, but not now looking back), but our discipline in terms of taking so many penalties needs some work

Despite the Princeton game, I come away with many positives. SLU had plenty of energy and busted their tails both nights. It appears that we are deep in goal, solid on 'd,' (unless we're in the box all night), and our forwards are only going to get better. Carey, Essery, and Wick particularly impressed me, and Baker is going to be something special. Bogo and Piskto were everywhere both nights.

Most importantly, it was great to see so many of you. Our Saints are going to be just fine but only if we eliminate the obvious penalties that plagued us this past weekend. Win, lose, or draw, this extended road trip (save UVM on 12/18) will pay huge dividends at some point down the road.

Go Saints.
      Last edited by Muskieman; 12-07-2010, 08:30 PM.
      GO SAINTS.

Comment

The AHL game in Atlantic City tonight (Home of the new ECAC) was postponed due to manhole size holes in the ice. That should really help the profile of the league!

Sorry to see a kid SLU was after commit to BU. Boy, I sure think SLU could be a heck of a team a year or two from now. Let's hope the strong recruiting continues and the losses in recruiting battles are few and far between.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Boy.........all's quiet on the Saints front here on USCHO. I guess there is not much to talk about with the hiatus and skimpy schedule at this time of the year.
          Having said that I saw this over on the Clarkson thread.......check out the uni that Mike McKenzie and his teammates got stuck wearing the other night while on the road. I don't think sales of this third jersey will be flying off the shelves!!!! My condolences to Mike for him having to wear this thing. (It is pretty funny though) I'm not expert on inserting links so if it doesn't show up try going to the Florida Everblades site or look on the Clarkson thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-294814
          SLU

Comment

Boy.........all's quiet on the Saints front here on USCHO. I guess there is not much to talk about with the hiatus and skimpy schedule at this time of the year.
            Having said that I saw this over on the Clarkson thread.......check out the uni that Mike McKenzie and his teammates got stuck wearing the other night while on the road. I don't think sales of this third jersey will be flying off the shelves!!!! My condolences to Mike for him having to wear this thing. (It is pretty funny though) I'm not expert on inserting links so if it doesn't show up try going to the Florida Everblades site or look on the Clarkson thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-294814
            Yes, we have been a quiet bunch of late. Having weekends off will do that.

Who is planning to be at the UVM game? Spaceman and me will be there along with the TL Crew. I will not be at my "home games" when SLU comes to the CD on 1/7 and 1/8, as Chris and I just purchased two Golden Retriever puppies and will be heading to central PA to pick up our bundles of joy that weekend. My house/carpet and life as I now know it will be drastically changed but sisters Sierra and Sadie will be worth it.

GO SLU!
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
              Yes, we have been a quiet bunch of late. Having weekends off will do that.

Who is planning to be at the UVM game? Spaceman and me will be there along with the TL Crew. I will not be at my "home games" when SLU comes to the CD on 1/7 and 1/8, as Chris and I just purchased two Golden Retriever puppies and will be heading to central PA to pick up our bundles of joy that weekend. My house/carpet and life as I now know it will be drastically changed but sisters Sierra and Sadie will be worth it.

GO SLU!
              I'll be back home Friday night or very early Saturday morning, so I'll be there. Likely standing behind where the students normally are, don't know if they're in session still or not... I'm assuming they'll be gone.

Comment

Unfortunately they are gone
                St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Good luck to the SAINTS tomorrow night - make this UVM alum proud!

Comment

I'll be up there tonight, UVM is not starting Madore tonight, opting for their younger backup.

On another note, Happy Birthday Brian, hopefully SLU delivers a win for ya tonight.

Comment

Hope the Saints get Brian a nice Birthday present with a win toknight.

Happy Birthday
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Great win tonight by the guys. Can't fault Spads on really any of the 4 goals, although letting 4 goals in on 11 shots isn't a good sign.

The more I see Carey, the more I worry about him staying 4 years. He had another 2 beauties tonight, putting him at 9 at the halfway point. He's a special player for sure. The powerplay looked real good tonight most of the time, less reliance on the defense I think is helping a lot there. Pitsi also had a couple nice goals, and they outplayed Vermont by a pretty good margin.

Lots of local flavor playing in tonights game between the Saints locals and former Massena native Anders Franzon playing for UVM (also recorded his first career goal in the 2nd). Didn't really agree with the major on Logue, I think 2 min would have been the right call, but the UVM player was certainly shaken up from the hit. However I did think the refs did a good job other than that.

Good way to end the fall campaign and hopefully we can skate with UNH in January over there.

Comment

Hey guys,

I am off for the next two weeks, returning the day St. Lawrence plays No. 2 UNH.
                          Until then, I have lots of video from tonight, including Carey's two goals and Pitsikoulis' second. I also interviewed both.

Sunday around noon, I'll have the latest from Mike McKenzie.

http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/blogs05

- Dan

Comment

This game was not as close as the score. A terrific effort by the Saints. Great way to go into the break.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Great win tonight by the guys. Can't fault Spads on really any of the 4 goals, although letting 4 goals in on 11 shots isn't a good sign.

The more I see Carey, the more I worry about him staying 4 years. He had another 2 beauties tonight, putting him at 9 at the halfway point. He's a special player for sure. The powerplay looked real good tonight most of the time, less reliance on the defense I think is helping a lot there. Pitsi also had a couple nice goals, and they outplayed Vermont by a pretty good margin.

Lots of local flavor playing in tonights game between the Saints locals and former Massena native Anders Franzon playing for UVM (also recorded his first career goal in the 2nd). Didn't really agree with the major on Logue, I think 2 min would have been the right call, but the UVM player was certainly shaken up from the hit. However I did think the refs did a good job other than that.

Good way to end the fall campaign and hopefully we can skate with UNH in January over there.
                              Thanks for the recap. Logue plays with that kind of "not let up" edge. It is too bad it was given a 5 if only a 2 was deserved, but thankful we survived a major late in the game and the kill came through. As long as it was not a cheap shot, I hope that Logue is not punished with playing time because I like players that just put the petal to the medal. A good way to finish 2010. As for Carey, hopefully he will stay and get his degree and set some records, but if not, that is okay too. I'll take what I can get and just remind people that Bollig is scratched night after night in Rockford and when he does play he is expected to fight and Stevenson is also enjoying time in the ECHL a bit short of his dreams I'd say. Speaking of fights, both Devo and Peverly fought last night.....that has got to be a first.

Enjoy the break everyone. Brian Happy Birthday man!! Hope to see some of you at UNH!!!
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Nice win last night - the team looked good. Can't wait for more hockey next year, everyone have a good holiday!

Comment

Working...
                                X