SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Well, the Banquet is tomorrow. Three awards I see as definite are the ROTY award going to Carey, the Coaches Award going to Keller, and the Most Improved Player going to Pisto. As for next season, I see Drewiske wearing the "C," any many candidates who would be wearing the "A."
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Speaking of Captains our former one scored a goal tonight for the Springfield Falcons. He was an assist short of a Gordie Howe hat trick as he also got into a fight. His goal is the last one on the link and Denny Kearney of Ylae and Cam Atkinson from BC also scored for Springfield. The fights are on the link too.

http://www.falconsahl.com/index.php?id=1750
      SLU

Comment

Saints ECAC schedule for 2011-12

2011-12 Men’s Composite Schedule

Friday, November 4
        Union at St. Lawrence

Saturday, November 5
        Rensselaer at St. Lawrence

Friday, November 11
        St. Lawrence at Princeton

Saturday, November 12
        St. Lawrence at Quinnipiac

Friday, November 18
        Dartmouth at St. Lawrence

Saturday, November 19
        Harvard at St. Lawrence

Friday, December 2
        St. Lawrence at Cornell

Saturday, December 3
        St. Lawrence at Colgate

Friday, January 13
        Brown at St. Lawrence

Saturday, January 14
        Yale at St. Lawrence

Friday, January 27
        St. Lawrence at Rensselaer

Saturday, January 28
        St. Lawrence at Union

Friday, February 3
        St. Lawrence at Yale

Saturday, February 4
        St. Lawrence at Brown

Friday, February 10
        Quinnipiac at St. Lawrence

Saturday, February 11
        Princeton at St. Lawrence

Friday, February 17
        Colgate at St. Lawrence

Saturday, February 18
        Cornell at St. Lawrence

Friday, February 24
        St. Lawrence at Harvard

Saturday, February 25
        St. Lawrence at Dartmouth

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
          Saints ECAC schedule for 2011-12

2011-12 Men’s Composite Schedule

Friday, November 4
          Union at St. Lawrence

Saturday, November 5
          Rensselaer at St. Lawrence

Friday, November 11
          St. Lawrence at Princeton

Saturday, November 12
          St. Lawrence at Quinnipiac

Friday, November 18
          Dartmouth at St. Lawrence

Saturday, November 19
          Harvard at St. Lawrence

Friday, December 2
          St. Lawrence at Cornell

Saturday, December 3
          St. Lawrence at Colgate

Friday, January 13
          Brown at St. Lawrence

Saturday, January 14
          Yale at St. Lawrence

Friday, January 27
          St. Lawrence at Rensselaer

Saturday, January 28
          St. Lawrence at Union

Friday, February 3
          St. Lawrence at Yale

Saturday, February 4
          St. Lawrence at Brown

Friday, February 10
          Quinnipiac at St. Lawrence

Saturday, February 11
          Princeton at St. Lawrence

Friday, February 17
          Colgate at St. Lawrence

Saturday, February 18
          Cornell at St. Lawrence

Friday, February 24
          St. Lawrence at Harvard

Saturday, February 25
          St. Lawrence at Dartmouth
          Do you know when the Clarkson games are scheduled for or have they even finalized that yet? Also, are they having the game in Lake Placid this year?
          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
            Do you know when the Clarkson games are scheduled for or have they even finalized that yet? Also, are they having the game in Lake Placid this year?
            The travel partner games are schedule by the teams themselves, as opposed to the league, which is why they're not included in the composite schedule. And, the Lake Placid game is looking less likely. It was just stated that RPI will be playing at UNH next season, which, with the other non-conference games the Engineers have scheduled, might be taking the place of the Lake Placid game.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Saints picked up a recruit for 2013 yesterday--- Drew Smolcynski---from Gunnery Prep, A centerman,. Anyone know anything about him, I couldn't find anything. Was at the Hockey banquet yesterday, Brian, I looked for you but didn't see you.Great time as always, what a great group of guys, got to talk to some of the parents that I hadn't met before. Bobby Torney brought the house down with his fairwell speech. What a close team they are, Everyone should try to get to this event at least once.Good to see Mike Hurlbut' s Dad Ray,there, what a gentleman. Looking forward to next season,my wife said she thought Joe said they had 19 home games.What a great place to have the event, Meal was out of this world-----
              brashersaintsfan

Comment

St. Lawrence Team Awards
                http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...46/-1//BLOGS05

St. Lawrence held its annual team banquet, where it announced award recipients and the captains for next season. Here is a rundown of who won what Sunday night:

2011-12 captains: Kyle Flanagan and Jacob Drewiske.

2011-12 assistant: George Hughes

Most Valuable Player: Aaron Bogosian and Kyle Flanagan.

Brian "Jinx" Doyle Memorial Award (leadership): Aaron Bogosian and Jared Keller.

Terry Slater Perseverance Award: Jared Keller and Sean Flanagan.

Dr. James Street Seventh Player Award: Jared Keller.

Mike Pelletier-Richie Stewart Rookie of the Year Award: Greg Carey

Pete McGeough Award (outstanding defenseman): George Hughes.

Brian McFarlane Award (outstanding achievement on ice and in classroom: Matt Raley

Paul J. Flanagan Most Improved Player: Nick Pitsikoulis and Pat Raley.

Brian McKinnon Coaches Award (for contributions to St. Lawrence hockey): Bobby Torney
                SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                  Saints picked up a recruit for 2013 yesterday--- Drew Smolcynski---from Gunnery Prep, A centerman,. Anyone know anything about him, I couldn't find anything. Was at the Hockey banquet yesterday, Brian, I looked for you but didn't see you.Great time as always, what a great group of guys, got to talk to some of the parents that I hadn't met before. Bobby Torney brought the house down with his fairwell speech. What a close team they are, Everyone should try to get to this event at least once.Good to see Mike Hurlbut' s Dad Ray,there, what a gentleman. Looking forward to next season,my wife said she thought Joe said they had 19 home games.What a great place to have the event, Meal was out of this world-----
                  Wish I could of been there, Pete, but it being on a Sunday and an early-morning meeting on Monday (that I tried to wiggle out of but couldn't) did me in. And, yes, the food at The Club is fabulous. And, yes, I believe that we have 19 home games next season.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                    I saw this as well and was going to post, but you beat me to it. I don't know anything more than what you posted yet so I can't add anything. The only thing I can say is that I believe he is listed as a 2012 recruit not 2013. And he is listed as a 1994 birthdate, so he is pretty young.

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

I did some more research and this was all I was able to find on Drew Smolcynski.........

http://www.atlantichockey.org/player...50&seasonid=14

There is a "scouting" article on him, but I am not about to pay $99 to read it

Comment

I did find one more thing from USHR news. Drew Smolcynski was one of the players scouted by Ottawa Sentators scout Lew Mongelluzzo during his annual Liberty Bell Games in Voorhees, PA. He briefly describes Drew as one of the players who stuck out to him and gives a brief overview of his skills. The way he was described he sounds pretty impressive. Also, further down the page there is an article on another SLU recruit Alex Hagen. This portion of the article describes Alex's ties to Joe Marsh through his father Kevin Hagen (former SLU player in the late 70's and early 80's) and his coach Pat Dennehy and his decision to attend SLU over several Ivy schools with strong interest in him. This is a pretty informative article. Here is a link......

http://ushr.com/news/20100601
                        Last edited by Saints#1; 04-05-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                          I did find one more thing from USHR news. Drew Smolcynski was one of the players scouted by Ottawa Sentators scout Lew Mongelluzzo during his annual Liberty Bell Games in Voorhees, PA. He briefly describes Drew as one of the players who stuck out to him and gives a brief overview of his skills. The way he was described he sounds pretty impressive. Also, further down the page there is an article on another SLU recruit Alex Hagen. This portion of the article describes Alex's ties to Joe Marsh through his father Kevin Hagen (former SLU player in the late 70's and early 80's) and his coach Pat Dennehy and his decision to attend SLU over several Ivy schools with strong interest in him. This is a pretty informative article. Here is a link......

http://ushr.com/news/20100601
                          I also saw in that gigantic long article the name Tim Lappin. I don't know the latest but one would think with his bloodlines a spot on SLU would be a given in both directions but the last I heard he likely was not headed our way. Don't know if anyone has heard any updates on that.
                          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                            I also saw in that gigantic long article the name Tim Lappin. I don't know the latest but one would think with his bloodlines a spot on SLU would be a given in both directions but the last I heard he likely was not headed our way. Don't know if anyone has heard any updates on that.
                            I am not sure whose son Tim Lappin is....their father was Tim too. I know SLU still has an offer out to Pete's son Nick Lappin. I think Pete wants him to go to SLU but Nick has talked about about either a bigger school or Harvard (which is bigger too I guess!). Nick is a 93 so, he would presumably be for 2012 at the earliest.

I have heard very good things about Hagen and a number of people thought he was the top prep player this year. Not sure when he starts at SLU but a year in the USHL seems to help and seems to be a popular route with prep players such as Gunnar / George Hughes or Dewey who went to the OPJHL for a year after Westminster.

The kid from Gunnery sounds like a little Joe Marsh / Chris Wells. That is a prototypical SLU player. Welcome aboard to all the recruits....you made a wise choice!
                            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Finally!!! Congrats to Drew Bagnall who was called up by Minnesota and is in the lineup against Edmonton in what looks to be a slugfest. Granted it is the 80th game of the season for the Wild but hopefully he will have a good showing. He deserves a solid look at that level.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                                Finally!!! Congrats to Drew Bagnall who was called up by Minnesota and is in the lineup against Edmonton in what looks to be a slugfest. Granted it is the 80th game of the season for the Wild but hopefully he will have a good showing. He deserves a solid look at that level.
                                I'm glad to hear Bagnall is getting to play in the NHL. I saw him play the last couple exhibition games on tv with the Wild and he sure looked like he belonged. Did he get any ice time?
                                St. Lawrence University
                                World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Working...
                                X