Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    It would seem Calof will win ROTY over Carey given the fact he also made the 3rd team and Carey did not. I'd rather have a goal-scorer any day personally.
    The ECAC has anounced Calof as ROTY. I rather have Carey any day of the week. Wonder what the Yale and Princeton coaches think of Carey???
    SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
      The ECAC has anounced Calof as ROTY. I rather have Carey any day of the week. Wonder what the Yale and Princeton coaches think of Carey???
      Typical. How could the ROTY come from the 11th place team?!?!?! Whatever, SLU got the last laugh by ousting Princeton, I think Carey would rather advance in the playoffs than win an individual award.

Comment

I think that if the playoffs had some influence on the voting Carey would have been ROY hands down. Look forward to seeing how he improves in the years to come, he had very impressive accuracy with that wrist shot. Regarding Yale and their fans congrats on your season, enjoy your team and their recent run of success over the past several years. I think both fans have their opinions on which team played dirty last weekend. They were just hard fought games with both teams playing hard. Yale probably should have swept the series, but friday's game was one of the best games I have ever seen in all my years of watching SLU hockey.

Comment

Less than 12 hours to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs before the puck drops in game 1. Stragglers are:

95virago
          BigRedBrouhaha
          bothman
          Brett Gobe
          Brian Sullivan
          cnor79
          Dutchfan
          hockeyplayer1015
          jmhusker
          johnk
          Maine-iac
          number 16
          NYHockeyguy
          Onion Man
          Puckie14
          redrocker
          REDRocket
          Rhamilton
          rockandrock44
          RPIHFH
          rvd5star69
          StayPuftMMcu
          TchrBill
          Union93
          uniondutch21
          UnionPuckLove
          UnionTDX04
          bcarlisle
          unhpuckfan2001
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Big congrats to Captain Aaron Bogosian who has signed an ATO with Springfield of the AHL. I wish(ed after the Yale series) him nothing but the best in his future endeavors, and hope that he can stick in the AHL.
            Congratulations to Aaron and his family. Great stuff.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Harp 34 View Post
              I think that if the playoffs had some influence on the voting Carey would have been ROY hands down. Look forward to seeing how he improves in the years to come, he had very impressive accuracy with that wrist shot. Regarding Yale and their fans congrats on your season, enjoy your team and their recent run of success over the past several years. I think both fans have their opinions on which team played dirty last weekend. They were just hard fought games with both teams playing hard. Yale probably should have swept the series, but friday's game was one of the best games I have ever seen in all my years of watching SLU hockey.
              Re Friday's game, ditto for me. And, I've been at this a lot longer than most - the big 60 is not far off. LOL.
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                If Rondeau did not let that 80 foot goal in at the beginning of Game one in the quarters we would be looking at a 2-0 Yale sweep of good old dirty SLU, that's right dirty. Your team came out dirty in period two in game two and got spanked because of it. You complain about whining and have continued to whine for days on end about this series, please get over it.
                But he did, and you lost to us again, so shut the **** up.

You are a great representative of your team. Totally classless in victory just like your coach.

It was Yale hockey alums that were embarrassed by the BS from the Yale players and coach. As a Saint alum, I was not embarrassed and think Yale set the tone for the weekend. The SLU - Princeton series, nor either series last year got nasty, only Yale. So Yale is the number 1 seed so you should win it all right? All I know is if, by the Grace of God, Yale and Union are playing for a trip to the Frozen Four I hope Union mows you down.
                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                  I don't think Carey put up the points in league games or had enough of an impact in the RS to take it from Calof who did have an unbelievable season and is a great young player. BUT, the clutch goal scoring he showed in the playoff and the fact that he had 23 goals as a freshmen is something every coach would covet. Any coach would tell you that you can't teach goal-scoring and I haven't seen a shot like that in college hockey in a long, long time. I might actually put up more of an argument about Baker not making the rookie team and I must admit a bit disappointed for George Hughes who was a pre-season first team pick and struggled at times this season as did the Saint defense as whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    But he did, and you lost to us again, so shut the **** up.

Totally classless in victory
                    Lotta class in that first sentence!

Lets just agree to disagree, there is obviously no reasoning with you on the subject of the Yale SLU series. .
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Lotta class in that first sentence!

Lets just agree to disagree, there is obviously no reasoning with you on the subject of the Yale SLU series. .
                      No, let's not.

First off, I am not disagreeing that the SLU - Yale Series this season was an ugly spectacle. It was. What we don't agree on is why. I think it poorly officiated and Yale came out embarrassed on Saturday night and didn't stop chirping on the ice or from the bench from start to finish and one of the worst offenders was their classless and arrogant head coach. And, for the record, Yale lost on Friday night because SLU beat them which showed pure heart and determination from an SLU squad that had played three games the weekend before on the longest road trip there is in the ECAC.

Your comments are the same arrogant BS as Yale showed setting the tone for Saturday and Sunday night. Usually one has to skip over to a BC thread to find the level of arrogance and entitlement the Yale faithful are showing here. In a million years I can't imagine a display like that from a Tim Taylor team...maybe the class left the program when he was chucked under the bus.

Comment

Tim Taylor was tossed under the bus by Rollie Betts, a Bush cronie and ultra powerful Yale booster. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_W._Betts
                        Betts and Co. brought in Allain, renovated the Whale and clearly set high expectations for the program - arguably too high.
                        After watching Yale's on-ice behavior vs SLU, I think what we saw was a very talented team and an antsy coach operating under heavier-than-you-can-imagine alumni/booster pressure and expectation. When SLU took game one and came out physical in game 2, Yale panicked and ran to the officials to try and change the script. The script ultimatly changed because of Yale's depth and skill advantage but I thought their chirping and whining were very telling.
                        Allain, already saddled with last season's loss to Brown in the ECAC's and goaltending meltdown in the NCAA's, is under enormous pressure. I'm rooting for them to win it all but I'm afraid they will crack along the way.
                        Having already wandered into the land of conspiracy theory, I might as well go all the way and share this: Adam Wodon's 3/9 blog (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...coach_talk.php) on the Chris Cahill eligibility matter. If this turns out to be anything (and I hope for Yale's and the ECAC's sake it does not), chalk it up to the guys that tossed Taylor under the bus:

Fight Club
                        Boy was I wrong. After initially thinking that ECAC coaches wouldn't bother trying to rat out Yale, and thus endanger the possibility of the league looking good nationally, it turns out that there's plenty of animosity to go around.

I don't really know specifics, but all I know is that the Chris Cahill story doesn't go away. Yale insists there's nothing to worry about it, and I pretty much wrote the whole thing off myself after the Ivy League re-determined that there was nothing to pursue.

But the story won't go away. In recent weeks, I've been stopped, out of the blue, by three different people (not necessarily coaches) with knowledge of the situation, to tell me that there's more to it than anyone would let you believe. They all insist that if you looked hard enough, you'd see that the league Cahill participated in France last year, really did have some players considered pro. And there would be issues if the Ivy League athletic directors had the stomach to pursue the issue.

But more than anything, what has struck me has been the ill will that is swirling around over the situation, from both sides. Certainly Yale coach Keith Allain is not happy knowing there are a variety of people gunning for him this way.

Comment

Originally posted by W-force View Post
                          Tim Taylor was tossed under the bus by Rollie Betts, a Bush cronie and ultra powerful Yale booster. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_W._Betts
                          Betts and Co. brought in Allain, renovated the Whale and clearly set high expectations for the program - arguably too high.
                          After watching Yale's on-ice behavior vs SLU, I think what we saw was a very talented team and an antsy coach operating under heavier-than-you-can-imagine alumni/booster pressure and expectation. When SLU took game one and came out physical in game 2, Yale panicked and ran to the officials to try and change the script. The script ultimatly changed because of Yale's depth and skill advantage but I thought their chirping and whining were very telling.
                          Allain, already saddled with last season's loss to Brown in the ECAC's and goaltending meltdown in the NCAA's, is under enormous pressure. I'm rooting for them to win it all but I'm afraid they will crack along the way.
                          Having already wandered into the land of conspiracy theory, I might as well go all the way and share this: Adam Wodon's 3/9 blog (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...coach_talk.php) on the Chris Cahill eligibility matter. If this turns out to be anything (and I hope for Yale's and the ECAC's sake it does not), chalk it up to the guys that tossed Taylor under the bus:

Fight Club
                          Boy was I wrong. After initially thinking that ECAC coaches wouldn't bother trying to rat out Yale, and thus endanger the possibility of the league looking good nationally, it turns out that there's plenty of animosity to go around.

I don't really know specifics, but all I know is that the Chris Cahill story doesn't go away. Yale insists there's nothing to worry about it, and I pretty much wrote the whole thing off myself after the Ivy League re-determined that there was nothing to pursue.

But the story won't go away. In recent weeks, I've been stopped, out of the blue, by three different people (not necessarily coaches) with knowledge of the situation, to tell me that there's more to it than anyone would let you believe. They all insist that if you looked hard enough, you'd see that the league Cahill participated in France last year, really did have some players considered pro. And there would be issues if the Ivy League athletic directors had the stomach to pursue the issue.

But more than anything, what has struck me has been the ill will that is swirling around over the situation, from both sides. Certainly Yale coach Keith Allain is not happy knowing there are a variety of people gunning for him this way.
                          Well, the kind of behavior we saw out of Yale along with the kind of success they have had makes enemies. There have been a few instances of coaches getting thrown under the bus such as Fridgen, but what happened to Taylor takes the cake. Bad Karma catches up with you!

Comment

For what it's worth, my version of the Tim Taylor story differs from yours. Allain is Taylor's protege in more ways than one, and it is far from coincidental that Taylor was GM for the Under 21 US team this year that Allain coached. I saw Tim at the Brown game at Meehan this year and he is very pleased with program. But don't feel any need to be convinced by me. There's really no point.

Comment

Uh, whatever DID happen to Moko, anyway? We need that good luck charm for next season!

Comment

Sean Flanagan signs with Las Vegas of the ECHL. Congrats to Sean, and best of luck in continuing his career!

Comment

Working...
                                X