Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    Mike is right: I've been very busy not seeing any deer. (Actually, I had a buck walk right up to me yesterday. Unfortunately, his antlers were about a half inch long and he weighed about 70 pounds. Other than that, it's been pretty desolate at our place. I even hunted over in NY for three days with about 8 other guys. First time in 27 years they went a whole week without anyone shooting a deer!! I may be a jinx.)

It's going to be a long season this year, with a few more highlights and (I expect) quite a few more tough nights. As long as they keep their heads up, and keep trying to improve, we should be able to make life interesting for other teams come March.
    Our camp has had a decent year so far, my dad got a spike, and my friend and my dad's friend got back to back 4 pointers, all in a 1 week period. I'm going to get a couple/few days in the woods this weekend, hopefully I can find one of the other bucks around our property.

Comment

Mike is right: I've been very busy not seeing any deer. (Actually, I had a buck walk right up to me yesterday. Unfortunately, his antlers were about a half inch long and he weighed about 70 pounds. Other than that, it's been pretty desolate at our place. I even hunted over in NY for three days with about 8 other guys. First time in 27 years they went a whole week without anyone shooting a deer!! I may be a jinx.)

It's going to be a long season this year, with a few more highlights and (I expect) quite a few more tough nights. As long as they keep their heads up, and keep trying to improve, we should be able to make life interesting for other teams come March.
      Well, no venison for you so far and not much venison so far for the Saints. Two losses to Clarkson, and our record, so far is tough to swallow but we shall see how things play out. The bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

Go Saints.
      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
        Ugh, I hate losing to Clarkson.
        You hate it - I've been through a lot more than you!!
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
          No injury updates other than what is public, but you have to figure anyone that is not 100% ready will not play Saturday so they can give them the extra 2 weeks to heal completely.

Brian, after lacing them up in Canton a few years ago after not skating since 1990, that was truly pathetic and I had my sore feet to prove it. I would be willing to step on the ice to start a bench-clearing brawl, however, and I truly believe I could do that better than anyone else other than maybe Spencer Meany or John Roderick. Especially if Mark Green was playing for Clarkson. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle for a win in the ECAC game.
          Yes, but I think the skates you found and laced up were about 2-3 sizes too small. Ouch. That wes a fun day, despite you really hurting, capped off by the Saints beating Cornell 4-2 that evening.

You are right on about Spencer Meany. Wouldn't want to get on his bad side.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
            Ugh, I hate losing to Clarkson.
            You and me both! Don't worry though we get our shot at home cooking in February
            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

It's been a rough start to the season so far, there is no way around that. But I have a feeling as the season goes along we will have more efforts like the Cornell/Colgate weekend at home. Of course we will also see downright awful results like that of the Harvard/Dartmouth weekend at home. All in all, I predict we will still finish with at least a first weekend home ice spot. We just need to turn it around in a hurry or even that prediction would be considered high.
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

11/24/60
                Thanksgiving night 50 years ago
                The Larries fall to Michigan St. at Appleton by the score of 8-5
                My first St. Lawrence hockey game and the start of a wonderful addiction.

Comment

Former Saint goalie Mike McKenna and the NJ Devils are facing former Larrie goalie Jacques Martin and the Montreal Canadians tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
                    Former Saint goalie Mike McKenna and the NJ Devils are facing former Larrie goalie Jacques Martin and the Montreal Canadians tonite.
                    Yes, McKenna came in at the 1:38 minute mark after Hedberg gave up a pair and took the loss.

Possibly more interesting was in Houston tonight where Bagnall versus Bollig in a brawl....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBP_2DJQXU

Pretty good tilt for both actually.
                    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

We were at the game last night to see the Canadiens pound the Devils and Hedberg was non-existent in the first two minutes, so Mike got his opportunity. It was fun to watch him play again even if it was against the Canadiens. I am looking forward to finally getting to watch the Saints this weekend since they will be in my neck of the woods. Also looking forward to seeing my father, Boucher, and Muskieman coming down. Let’s Go Saints!

Comment

Originally posted by Get the Puck Outta Here View Post
                        We were at the game last night to see the Canadiens pound the Devils and Hedberg was non-existent in the first two minutes, so Mike got his opportunity. It was fun to watch him play again even if it was against the Canadiens. I am looking forward to finally getting to watch the Saints this weekend since they will be in my neck of the woods. Also looking forward to seeing my father, Boucher, and Muskieman coming down. Let’s Go Saints!
                        Good win for the boys tonight. Congrats to Carey on the pair and Moss on the win. We needed that bad. Princeton will be tough tomorrow but for the time being, I'll take the win. Good job boys!!!
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                          Good win for the boys tonight. Congrats to Carey on the pair and Moss on the win. We needed that bad. Princeton will be tough tomorrow but for the time being, I'll take the win. Good job boys!!!
                          Good win is right - on the road, no less. The box score says we took nine penalties and Q only had two. 8 power plays to 1, and SLU scored the only PP goal!! Plus, SLU got outshot and won, instead of the other way around. This must be the Twilight Zone.

I thought a split would be a pretty good result this weekend, and now they've got a shot to get 3 or 4.

Comment

The box score says we took nine penalties and Q only had two. 8 power plays to 1, and SLU scored the only PP goal!!
                            Congrats on the road win!

I'm sure Mike or Brandon will give you all the details but our PP was non-existant, though 2 of our goals came right after PP's were over. The officiating was terrible (but I wasn't complaining for a change).

It was a very sloppy game both ways but at the same time it was exciting because nobody knew what to expect. Moss wasn't great but made the saves when he had to, especially right at the end when we were gunning for the tie. It was also nice to see a lot of familiar faces at the Bank. The loss hurts but maybe we can extract a little revenge against Clarkson tomorrow!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Congrats on the road win!

I'm sure Mike or Brandon will give you all the details but our PP was non-existant, though 2 of our goals came right after PP's were over. The officiating was terrible (but I wasn't complaining for a change).

It was a very sloppy game both ways but at the same time it was exciting because nobody knew what to expect. Moss wasn't great but made the saves when he had to, especially right at the end when we were gunning for the tie. It was also nice to see a lot of familiar faces at the Bank. The loss hurts but maybe we can extract a little revenge against Clarkson tomorrow!
                              Hi Mark. I figured you'd see those guys tonight. Sorry I missed you, but hopefully we can catch a game together before the season's out.

We'll take a win any way we can get it right now. Good luck tomorrow. We'll be rooting for you guys!

Comment

I figured you'd see those guys tonight. Sorry I missed you
                                Yeah, you and Got 6 were noticeably absent tonight! Most of the other guys from the Hoot were there. Made for an entertaining evening to say the least.

Good luck tomorrow. We'll be rooting for you guys!
                                With the way we're playing I'll take all the help we can get!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X