SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Saints win! Saints win! How about that? Unreal....4-3 in OT. First time Yale has lost on home ice this season. Wow.......
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

The end of the regular season was a bit ugly, but it turns out we were right after all about these guys making some noise in the playoffs.

What an effort. Ylae had a lineup a mile deep, and fresh legs, and it showed for two periods. How in the world SLU was able to outrun them in the third period is beyond me, when nobody could do it all year, but the Saints took over in the last 20 minutes. Then they had to weather a bit of a storm there in OT.

Greg Carey is UNBELIEVABLE. What a player, what a scorer, what a clutch performer. (Great play by Kyle to get him the puck on the last goal, too.) But Weninger has to be the first star. Two breakaways in regulation and several great chances in OT, and he stopped them all. Can't fault him on the three that went in, either. That PP was on fire tonight.

GREAT job, wish I could have been there with the crew. Have fun tomorrow guys!!!

Comment

Great win.....even though I hate ya .....Make the North Country Proud!

Comment

Wow, sounds like a real thriller tonight. Could we be looking at an SLU - Union rematch in AC?

Comment

Mr. Hoot Owl says, "SCAREY isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Congrats on great win tonight...

Comment

What an awesome game to be at. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow, was planning on going skiing, but went to Archie Moore's with the gang after and got backed up in accident traffic on 95 coming back, so I won't wake up early and make myself tired tomorrow night. Plus I have a 12 page paper to write by Monday... should probably knock some of that out tomorrow.

Comment

WOW! What a game!

Comment

It was quite a treat to be at the game and experience the thrill of an overtime victory. After the second period I thought we were done.......we had nothing going on, no offense, no pressure.......nothing.
                    Our hitting picked up in the third, we got a lift from Bogo's goal and then it was off to the races. Tim U is bang on.......were it not for Wenny holding down the fort especially at the start of OT Ylae would be up 1-0 instead of us.

I'm not silly enough to think Ylae is gong to roll over. In fact I'm pretty much planning on missing my "Big Love" episode on HBO Sunday night. I have a feeling we will experience quite a barrage of shots tonight. We were a bit lucky on Friday.......Ylae had ton's of quality scoring chances and if we have any hope of squeaking out a second win in this series one or two things are key.

1. We need to stay out of the penalty box.
                    2. We need to stay out of the penalty box.

Putting them on the PP is lethal. We need a few bounces, we need the officials not to call nit picky stuff and did I mention we need to stay out of the penalty box???????
                    SLU

Comment

Pretty much echoing Tim and Mike's thoughts on the game. I also fully expect to be seeing 2 more games this weekend, but I didn't really expect us to get to OT last night either... the beauty of the ECAC. Hope the boys were able to get well rested and can skate for another full 60 tonight, if they do that anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        It was quite a treat to be at the game and experience the thrill of an overtime victory. After the second period I thought we were done.......we had nothing going on, no offense, no pressure.......nothing.
                        Our hitting picked up in the third, we got a lift from Bogo's goal and then it was off to the races. Tim U is bang on.......were it not for Wenny holding down the fort especially at the start of OT Ylae would be up 1-0 instead of us.

I'm not silly enough to think Ylae is gong to roll over. In fact I'm pretty much planning on missing my "Big Love" episode on HBO Sunday night. I have a feeling we will experience quite a barrage of shots tonight. We were a bit lucky on Friday.......Ylae had ton's of quality scoring chances and if we have any hope of squeaking out a second win in this series one or two things are key.

1. We need to stay out of the penalty box.
                        2. We need to stay out of the penalty box.

Putting them on the PP is lethal. We need a few bounces, we need the officials not to call nit picky stuff and did I mention we need to stay out of the penalty box???????
                        I am sure Marsh addressed the penalty issue and they (hopefully) will right that ship starting tongiht. I am hopeful that Weninger can continue to play hot, last weekend against Princeton he played a great game in game two and had us all talking then Princeton came out shooting in game three putting up close to 50 shots (much like we are expecting tonight) and he played even better. Let's hope for much of the same tonight. Either way I can't believe this team and the way they have responded to the their season come playoff time. It's actually inspiring because I had all but given up on them myself, you just never know!
                        St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                        4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                        2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                        16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                        9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                        2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Holy chit !!!!!!!!
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Your boys worked hard last night, congratulations.

It was great to talk hockey with Muskie and crit, I think, before the game. Thanks for the drink! Anytime you're in town I'll be happy to meet up and talk shop. Except today, I'm too bitter and I'm going to that Ivy league bball play-in game.

Comment

AWESOME game by the Saints! Carey and Weninger are on fire. They have had it in them all year, maybe they are finally peaking at the right time. Lets go get them boys. Go Saints Go

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                                Your boys worked hard last night, congratulations.

It was great to talk hockey with Muskie and crit, I think, before the game. Thanks for the drink! Anytime you're in town I'll be happy to meet up and talk shop. Except today, I'm too bitter and I'm going to that Ivy league bball play-in game.
                                It wasn't me........my best guess was Spaceman a.k.a. Tayt from Vermont. He and Muskieman are attached at the hip!!!!
                                I went straight to the game and missed the pre-game festivities.
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X