SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

I'm curious to know if the play looked as one-sided in person as it does in the box score.

Comment

Regulation ends in a 1-1 tie in Troy. OT('s) will decide this one.
      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
        I'm curious to know if the play looked as one-sided in person as it does in the box score.
        It didn't sound that one-sided on SLU Audio.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Having a flashback on this one. Was listening to WRPI FM in 1990 and a Cornell at RPI regular season finale would decide our playoff foe/location. If Cornell won, we would play at Clarkson; if RPI won, we would host Cornell in a best-of-3 series. This was pre-internet days, so called KSLU and told them I was listening and they asked me to call later and announce the final on the air. Unfortunately, I later had to announce - in my only radio broadcast to this day - that Cornell won it in OT. We lost in 2 in Potsdam.

The saddest thing is that seems like yesterday.
          Last edited by Muskieman; 03-06-2011, 08:23 PM.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Colgate hits the post about 6 minutes into OT.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

First OT now over. What a game - both goalies played great in the first OT.
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Congrats to SLU. What a statement for the Freshmen to make. Am I rooting for Colgate or RPI? I think I'd rather we get Yale than Union.
                St. Lawrence University
                World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Congratulations to SLU. RPI and Colgate are having a tough time figuring out who will be in Schenectady next weekend.

Comment

Colgate hits the post about 5 mins. into the 2nd OT.
                    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                      Congrats to SLU. What a statement for the Freshmen to make. Am I rooting for Colgate or RPI? I think I'd rather we get Yale than Union.
                      Agreed.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Bourdon scores for Colgate about half-way through the 2nd OT.

On to New Haven we go.
                        GO SAINTS.

Comment

So there you go. Back down to the Whale Yale. Let's remember back to 03-04 when we went down there as the #10 seed and came away with two wins. Let's go Saints!
                          SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                            I felt the 1st was fairly even, the 2nd was a bit more princeton, but the 3rd was almost completely princeton. Awesome game to watch with Pitsi's Dad, I'm hoping I can weasel out of some stuff I've got going on at school next weekend to make it up for atleast 2 more. I should be able to, I'll know more by Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              I felt the 1st was fairly even, the 2nd was a bit more princeton, but the 3rd was almost completely princeton.
                              Agree with this assessment. Princeton had tons of high quality scoring opportunities in the last two periods and simply didn't convert.

Looked like interesting play out of SLU... really plugged the neutral zone and made PU look very slow.

Comment

Just have to say how happy I am we get to see Ylae at least two more times, AND WHINE ABOUT THE WEATHER.

After it rained all day yesterday (including a few hours of freezing rain in the afternoon), our forecast said we could get up to 6 inches of snow by 1:00 PM today. We had that much before I went to bed last night, that much more overnight, and it's been practically a white-out all morning and hasn't slowed down yet. Nobody loves snow more than I do, but this is getting ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X