Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    What's the saying about big players coming up big in big games? I'd say it applies today for Carey.

If we see this same type of game tomorrow and Princeton wins, it'll be hard to be too disappointed about the series - today was a solid effort and a good win.
    Ditto from me. Great win by the Saints, as they showed a lot of heart coming back twice from 1-goal deficits.

It appears that D. Keller might have an MCL injury. As bad as that is, it sure is a lot better than another concussion. I'm really going to miss him, as he epitomizes everything that Joe Marsh and the Program stand for.

Game-3 should be fun. SLU has earned it, and hopefully we can advance.
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Cassavaugh's article for Sunday's paper is up on his blog now: http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/section/blogs05
      SLU '97

Comment

What a great, hard fought victory tonight. They had some moments of bad play, but for the most part they played good road playoff hockey. Weninger definitely put them in a position to get a victory, and Carey stepped up big time offensively. Both of his goals were what we now know are "typical" Carey shots, and Essery's goal was the result of some beautiful transition play and a great shot.

Here's to another good effort tomorrow, the boys seemed upbeat and I overheard one of them saying "We're in a great situation tomorrow boys."

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post

It appears that D. Keller might have an MCL injury. As bad as that is, it sure is a lot better than another concussion.
          According to Dan's article Jake Drewiske left the game too. If he can't play tomorrow then we are really thin.
          As difficult as it will be to win two in a row against Princeton, you have to feel that in some respects, some of the pressure is now shifted over to Princeton. Both teams will be gripping their sticks tight tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to the boys.
          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            According to Dan's article Jake Drewiske left the game too. If he can't play tomorrow then we are really thin.
            As difficult as it will be to win two in a row against Princeton, you have to feel that in some respects, some of the pressure is now shifted over to Princeton. Both teams will be gripping their sticks tight tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to the boys.
            Drewiske left in the second period for about 10 minutes and then returned and finished the game.

Comment

Game 3 tomorrow!!! Wow! If I wasn't working I would head down, I will definetly be listening. If they make it to Union I will be there. Go SLU!

Comment

Nice win by SLU and an excellent game by their freshmen. Keep it up boys.

On a seperate note Harvard just ended Clarkson's season beating them 6-4. I listened to the third and the anouncers thought the officals cost Clarkson the game. Who were the refs might you ask? None other than Tim Kotyra and John Murphy...
                SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by rodney View Post
                  Drewiske left in the second period for about 10 minutes and then returned and finished the game.
                  While he did return, I asked Marsh after the game about Drewiske's status for tomorrow. Marsh said "He's questionable at this point."

Comment

Originally posted by SLUwriter View Post
                    While he did return, I asked Marsh after the game about Drewiske's status for tomorrow. Marsh said "He's questionable at this point."
                    Ya, he looked to be laboring a bit when skating, definitely not his usual speed. Should be a fun one tomorrow, hopefully the boys put together another effort like they did tonight and stay out of the penalty box.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Ya, he looked to be laboring a bit when skating, definitely not his usual speed. Should be a fun one tomorrow, hopefully the boys put together another effort like they did tonight and stay out of the penalty box.
                      If we win today, we will play at Union or Yale next weekend. If Colgate beats RPI today, we go to Yale; if Colgate loses, we go to Union. The Saints will need their A-game today to advance. It should be one helluva game.

To Brandon and others who are there - we could clearly hear you during the games. Keep up the great "work."
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Heading back over to NJ, here's to another strong effort and letting the chips fall as they may. Win or lose, we played longer than Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Heading back over to NJ, here's to another strong effort and letting the chips fall as they may. Win or lose, we played longer than Clarkson
                          Have fun - I'll listen to the first period or so, then I have to go to a meeting for kids' soccer. Go Saints.

Comment

Well here we go in sixty. Coach Marsh has made some minor changes from last night because of the Keller injury.

Drewiske centering Pitsikoulis and Bogo
                            Kyle Flanagan will be centering Carey and Vangog
                            Essery centering Sean Flanagan and Wick
                            Dwyer centering Mobley and Armstrong.

SLU going with 6 defensemen with Torney out.

Wenninger will be between the pipes.
                            SLU '97

Comment

Congrats to the Saints!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Congrats to the Saints!
                                Indeed. Two gutsy road wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X