Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
    So, I submit to the ECAC to get the video thing right at all of its rinks by: 1) testing the cameras and 2) installing back-ups above both nets in each of its 12 arenas. If the ECAC can't get it right, get rid of the stupid cameras.
    There is currently no requirement that overhead goal cameras exist and function properly. That regulation was supposed to be in place this season, but was delayed by a year. By the start of the 2011-12 season, all ECAC schools are expected to have functional above-goal cameras in place.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
      Grilk and Spads in net for the whole game.
      This was interesting. Not second guesing but what was thought on Grilk starting? Getting him ready in case of an injury or maybe hoping for catching lightning in the bottle for a hot hand?
      SLU '97

Comment

I really thought the last couple of weeks would be when this team started to put all the pieces together. What a way to go into the playoffs.

Anything's possible, but I have to admit I'm not all that confident about a best-of-three series with ANYBODY right now. I do like the Princeton matchup better than several others we could have drawn.

Comment

Will history repeat itself? Least we forget that last year's 11th seed, Brown was not playing well to end the reg season (0-2-1) and was blown out in it's last two games of the reg season (8-3 and 7-3). What happened? They made it to the ECAC Final Four. Anything can happen folks. The new season starts today.
          SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
            Brown was not playing well to end the reg season
            And if you look how Brown did in their last 8 games, which is the entire month of February and the stretch run they were a poor 1-5-2. So as I said above, you never know.
            SLU '97

Comment

This was interesting. Not second guesing but what was thought on Grilk starting? Getting him ready in case of an injury or maybe hoping for catching lightning in the bottle for a hot hand?
              My guess wasn't so much catching lightning in a botle as giving a couple of kids a chance as it was the end of a lousy season......home ice and all possibilties of something positive were out the window, and I'm also betting there was some other sort of message sent. The message and talk after the Union game certainly fell on deaf ears as Lecksters previous post indicated it was one miserable weekend of hockey.

Will history repeat itself? Least we forget that last year's 11th seed, Brown was not playing well to end the reg season (0-2-1) and was blown out in it's last two games of the reg season (8-3 and 7-3). What happened? They made it to the ECAC Final Four. Anything can happen folks. The new season starts today.
              Lest we also forget Brown plays a style of hockey that has a tendency to make other teams conform to their style of play and to dictate the way they want the game to be played. The only thing we have been able to dictate this year is the PA announcer broadcasting the starting line ups. After that, it's anyone's guess. You are an eternal optimist Tayt and I applaud you for it..... but after seeing this team for the last two weekends they have shown nothing that would lead us to believe redemption is forthcoming.

I believe so much of what happens on the ice is a result of not only "effort" and "skill" but also match ups. We tend to and have always played a more open sytle of hockey. That is why we have done well against skating teams like Ylae, UNH, etc. However......I think our style will fit Princeton to a "T". They handled us fairly easily in both games and we gave up a ton of goals in those two games. While we are all happy to not be playing Clarkson, based on seasons results the only match ups I would have been more comfortable with would have been Quinnipiac as the first choice and RPI as the second. We played well against RPI in two games and fairly well against Q Pac in both. RPI is way more talented, Q Pac much less so but drawing either Princeton (as we have) or Cornell at Lynah would be very tough draws. Clarkson we are happy not to see for the obvious reason but as Tim stated above I don't think it is going to matter.

It is sad to see some quality players like Bogo, Keller and crew go out on such a sour note......they deserved a better fate. But....everyone on that team could have done something about it and it didn't happen.
              SLU

Comment

11th place YIKES! and I predicted 4th. The only consistent trait of this team was their inconsistency - an opening 4 point weekend, UNH in Durham and... the rest. This is what I love about college hockey - hey, you never know. It also keeps me up at night. I did not make it to as many games as usual this year - blame it to age, the weather and work - in that order. But I know one thing - I DO NOT WANT THIS SEASON TO END! If we can just put together 3 solid period in hockey (in 1 game) if... Anyway, remains great to be a SAINTS fan and visit here with fans more knowledgeable than I - hope to see you in person THIS YEAR. GO SAINTS!

Comment

Well, I got my wish to see playoff hockey. Wish it wasn't on such a slide to end the season, but it is what it is. It's a new season and anything can happen. Hopefully they haven't mailed the season in, because I still believe this team can make some noise, they're due for a streak.

See you guys next Friday.

Comment

Well sounded like a very humbling weekend. Time to forget about the season and focus on the playoffs where anything can happen. Go Saints!

Comment

go saints

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat
                        4. Joe hasn't been on the ice for over five weeks because of his health. He has been sorely missed.
                        Anytime you go a period of time without a two time winning national coach of the year it's going to hurt. I would and I'm sure many on the team would agree this team has underperformed to date. There is talent on the team and they can win.

Special teams is critical in hockey and usually determines how teams do. SLU actually has done above average in this case. Their pen kill has been great all year and their PP has been around the middle of the pac. With that being the case its very strange to see them in 11th place.

I haven't checked the history books but I don't think Joe ever had a team finish worst than 10th.
                        SLU '97

Comment

Special teams is critical in hockey and usually determines how teams do. SLU actually has done above average in this case. Their pen kill has been great all year and their PP has been around the middle of the pac. With that being the case its very strange to see them in 11th place.
                          I agree with you here to a point. Special teams are big in the playoffs. And after seeing them play in Lake Placid, Troy, Durham, and New Haven, I know they should be higher than 11th. But the screwing we got on the non-goal aside (and it was about as bad as you'd care to see), for most of the night on Friday it was pretty obvious why we're in 11th place. And if special teams do decide the next round then we'd better figure out how to not have somebody in the box for half the game.

What I thought I was seeing early on was a talented young team who just needed a season's worth of experience to start putting the pieces together. I figured they would be just hitting their stride when the playoffs started. But to me they looked better in October - and much better over the Christmas break - than they did in the last five games of the season.

Of course maybe they just hit a bit of a wall late in the year, and they'll clear their heads and really get after it next weekend. Their best effort will give Princeton all it can handle and more. But there's no more "on any given night." Now it's best-of-three for two rounds. And we've given up TEN goals to Princeton already this year.

Comment

Originally posted by number 16 View Post
                            11th place YIKES! and I predicted 4th. The only consistent trait of this team was their inconsistency - an opening 4 point weekend, UNH in Durham and... the rest. This is what I love about college hockey - hey, you never know. It also keeps me up at night. I did not make it to as many games as usual this year - blame it to age, the weather and work - in that order. But I know one thing - I DO NOT WANT THIS SEASON TO END! If we can just put together 3 solid period in hockey (in 1 game) if... Anyway, remains great to be a SAINTS fan and visit here with fans more knowledgeable than I - hope to see you in person THIS YEAR. GO SAINTS!
                            If it's any consolation, in the last two years, the 11th place team won in the first round of the ECAC playoffs.

Comment

Nothing to lose, maybe, except for backing into the playoffs. Throwing those two solid character kids a bone maybe... Anyhow (don't read into this) they avoided a mathcup with Clarkson who just got their top d-man and top rookie back from injury.

We will win in two in Jersey!

Comment

Less than 24 hours to get your ECAC Pick The Playoffs 2011 Edition Picks in. Remember 7:00PM Friday Knight is the cutoff.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X