Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Muskieman Hall of Fame Moment and Other Musings

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    How about quitting for your health and for those who care about you?????!!!!!!!!!!
    So overrated.

Comment

How about quitting for your health and for those who care about you?????!!!!!!!!!!
      This, Brian. I guarantee those same people you promised that you would quit if SLU beats Tech tomorrow would support you as much, if not more, if you just quit for the sake of quitting. I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        This, Brian. I guarantee those same people you promised that you would quit if SLU beats Tech tomorrow would support you as much, if not more, if you just quit for the sake of quitting. I know I would.
        Yup.

By the way, my 10-year-old has a basketball game on Saturday, so I can't be in Canton this weekend. Kind of a bummer, but then again 5th-grade basketball is pretty exciting!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
          Yup.

By the way, my 10-year-old has a basketball game on Saturday, so I can't be in Canton this weekend. Kind of a bummer, but then again 5th-grade basketball is pretty exciting!!
          Is it even more exciting than 6th grade basketball? Being a parent comes first. Believe me from someone who was away on business way too much over the years.... the time flies and they are gone before you know it. That is until they graduate from SLU and then come back home to live for free and mooch off of you!!!
          SLU

Comment

Yup.

Enjoy the game, but I hope he doesn't have another game when we're in Hanover on 2/25. Hope to see you and your family then. My sister Kathy, who lives near 'Philly, plans to join me - it will the first hockey game she's ever been to..............but I told her to stay away from me after the game for at least 30 minutes if we lose in OT.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Is it even more exciting than 6th grade basketball? Being a parent comes first. Believe me from someone who was away on business way too much over the years.... the time flies and they are gone before you know it. That is until they graduate from SLU and then come back home to live for free and mooch off of you!!!
              It's a different kind of entertainment from D1 hockey, but it's entertaining in its own way, that's for sure.

Brian, I'll be in Hanover for sure, along with Mike, my turncoat older son, and his buddy who's an even bigger Dartmouth fan than he is. You all have permission to verbally abuse them as necessary.

Comment

Guys,
                If you want a fascinating take on the ECAC officials and their leader, Mr. Paul Stewart, check out Without A Peer--stat! I mention this because RPI is comin' to town.

Comment

Yup.

It has to be more exciting than that *** Brown game. From the highest high to the lowest low. It is official. I hate Brown more than any other team in the ECAC!! They just suck the life out of us and have for the 26 years I have followed SLU.

Let's hope we find some high notes and consistency for the last five games. Winning all five will put us one game under .500 going into the playoffs....I am good with that.

Brian, quit that disgusting habit to prolong your life. It is a nasty, expensive habit.

Hope to make HU / DC games and see some of you there.

Great to hear about McKenzie.

PS What a treat for Macker....his first game will be in that dump known as the TUC!! Hope he sticks and that competitive fire keeps him there for a while.
                  Last edited by Got 6, Want More; 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM.
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                    Guys,
                    If you want a fascinating take on the ECAC officials and their leader, Mr. Paul Stewart, check out Without A Peer--stat! I mention this because RPI is comin' to town.
                    Link??

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      Link??
                      http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/02/...-to-power.html

Comment

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

That sucked.

For most of the game, I thought Clarkson just got every bounce and we couldn't catch a break. But those last 10-15 minutes . . . I couldn't believe what I was watching.

First Brown, then this.

Comment

That sucked.

For most of the game, I thought Clarkson just got every bounce and we couldn't catch a break. But those last 10-15 minutes . . . I couldn't believe what I was watching.

First Brown, then this.

Yeah, that was right up there with hitting my fingers with a hammer and getting parking tickets.

I mean, the truth is we are young and there was a lot of youth on the ice, but that was just awful to watch. We could not make a play, complete two passes, maintain any energy or even, at times, clear the puck on relatively easy opportunities to do so. That pretty much sealed us in the 9-12 finish. How can we beat Yale and UNH and then play like that? Very frustrating. If we end up going to Cheel for the first round of the playoffs I will, without any doubt, vomit.

Read without a peer. ECAC officiating is an absolute joke. I think the game tonight was one of the better games I have ever seen John Murphy ref and there were still 5-7 plainly wrong calls or non-calls which were not-called but were at other times in the same game. Yeah, officiating in an ECAC tourney.....wasn't it Kotyra that watched Casey Parenteau drilled head first into the boards by Dartmouth in the consolation game in Albany in 2007 and Kotyra at least had the decency to step over him as he let play continue with a motionless, concussed player laying on the ice. It is so consistently bad that it is almost difficult to watch. Stewart is a joke too. He likes to go to Albany because it seems like he has some reliable floozies there. I know he didn't let the ECAC championship interfere with his hooker (whether or not there was actual payment is unknown but they looked the part ) patronage last year at the Albany Marriott.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                            Yeah, that was right up there with hitting my fingers with a hammer and getting parking tickets.

I mean, the truth is we are young and there was a lot of youth on the ice, but that was just awful to watch. We could not make a play, complete two passes, maintain any energy or even, at times, clear the puck on relatively easy opportunities to do so. That pretty much sealed us in the 9-12 finish. How can we beat Yale and UNH and then play like that? Very frustrating. If we end up going to Cheel for the first round of the playoffs I will, without any doubt, vomit.

Read without a peer. ECAC officiating is an absolute joke. I think the game tonight was one of the better games I have ever seen John Murphy ref and there were still 5-7 plainly wrong calls or non-calls which were not-called but were at other times in the same game. Yeah, officiating in an ECAC tourney.....wasn't it Kotyra that watched Casey Parenteau drilled head first into the boards by Dartmouth in the consolation game in Albany in 2007 and Kotyra at least had the decency to step over him as he let play continue with a motionless, concussed player laying on the ice. It is so consistently bad that it is almost difficult to watch. Stewart is a joke too. He likes to go to Albany because it seems like he has some reliable floozies there. I know he didn't let the ECAC championship interfere with his hooker (whether or not there was actual payment is unknown but they looked the part ) patronage last year at the Albany Marriott.
                            Officiating tonight was one of the better games I've seen called, despite what the SLU announcers said. There were definitely some missed calls both ways, but I didn't really see any calls made that I could argue with in any major way. I would also say that I don't think the officiating affected the outcome of the game one iota, and that's always a good thing.

Comment

There was great energy at Appleton last night. Saints had numerous opportunities over the course of the game that they couldn't convert. My view on the game is not as critical as some of you. Overall, it was a pretty good effort. I do agree with Got6 that there were numerous times they should have easily cleared the puck out of the zone but didn't. SLU needs to stay out of the box. Last year's forwards were spectactular in the defensive zone and breaking it out. Although the record doesn't show, the team is much improved since the Christmas break. It is the little things that are hurting them and need some attention. Clarkson is much improved from last year. The season is far from over. Go Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat View Post
                                There was great energy at Appleton last night. Saints had numerous opportunities over the course of the game that they couldn't convert. My view on the game is not as critical as some of you. Overall, it was a pretty good effort. I do agree with Got6 that there were numerous times they should have easily cleared the puck out of the zone but didn't. SLU needs to stay out of the box. Last year's forwards were spectactular in the defensive zone and breaking it out. Although the record doesn't show, the team is much improved since the Christmas break. It is the little things that are hurting them and need some attention. Clarkson is much improved from last year. The season is far from over. Go Saints.
                                I thought that St. Lawrence was the better team for the first two-and-a-half periods, and it was just Karpowich's night. No matter what he did, or didn't do, the puck would hit him (or the crossbar) and stay out. He played very well, but even when he couldn't find the puck it managed to find him. Going into the third I thought SLU looked good and I was pretty sure we were going to win.

Here's why I was disappointed in the last two games: they were the most important games of the season so far, and the effort we've seen in other less important games wasn't there at key times. You're right that the season's not over, and I liked what I heard from Pitsikoulis in the WDT story. These guys have what it takes to make some noise in the playoffs and they're definitely stronger than you'd think just looking at their record. If they play like they played against Ylae and Union, they'll beat anybody they face in the first round. But they're not going to play Ylae or Union in the first round. They need to be able to get fired up and play complete games against the other teams as well. After making huge strides forward - in their wins and in their losses - since Christmas, I felt like the entire Brown game and the very end of last night's game were pretty big steps backwards. And the next three games are ones where they could play extremely well and lose. I worry a bit about momentum going into the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X