SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Congratulations on beating Yale. I knew that teams would eventually figure them out, and it doesn't surprise me that one of the best coaches in that department (Joe Marsh) would figure them out. We'll see you guys next week; I may make the 2.5 hour drive to Appleton.

Comment

Nice win for SLU, congratulations, definitely appreciated by we Union fans. I really thought after the game in Schenectady that SLU was a dangerous outfit. The bad news for Union of course is that we get you next week in your barn.

Comment

• Re: Muskieman Hall of Fame Moment and Other Musings

Wow.

I've been high on this team all year, and I think they've had a lot to feel good about in all their wins and a lot of their losses.

Not tonight.

Not much to say other than Brown looked like they wanted to win . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
          Wow.

I've been high on this team all year, and I think they've had a lot to feel good about in all their wins and a lot of their losses.

Not tonight.

Not much to say other than Brown looked like they wanted to win . . .
          Ditto!!!!!
          It is always easier to play up and play ranked teams (not easy physically/talent wise) but mentally. The expectations are you will lose so the pressure is off. But when you play teams in the same neighborhood as you or lower.......that is where the character of a team can be revealed. We didn't pass the character test tonight.
          It just takes that big win on Friday and turns it into an ordinary win because we didn't back it up with an effort against an opponent we could have/should have handled in our barn. Disappointing.
          I sure hope they bring their "A" game and effort for Clarkson.
          SLU

Comment

Gonna be a fun Tuesday in the North Country. Womens game in the afternoon and mens at knight. Which teams will show up?? For the men is it gonna be the SLU Ylae killers or the Brown bunglers; for the Clarkson men, the bear killers or the Whale watchers. Either way it should be entertaining. LGT of coarse .
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

McKenzie has been called up to the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL. Congrats Mike, hope you have an extended stay in the A.

Comment

Glad to hear/see that Mike M got called up. Hopefully the warm weather from Florida follows him to Charlotte. (Although I think he was in Cincinnati this weekend)

Anyone check out the "Pick the Standings" contest?? Our boy Tim U is inching closer to the top. The team that is killing me in that contest is Colgate!!!

I hope to make it up North for both games next weekend.

Good luck to the Saints against Clarkson this week........we owe them at least one this year!!! Big unknown question is..........who will be in goal?? My guess is Weninger. The last few years this seems to be our M.O. We are deep into the season and still rotating goalies which I am sure is problematical for the coaches.

The standings are getting interesting. Cornell is turning their season around and starting to climb the standings. Pretty soon we will start the speculation of who plays who in the playoffs. Right now it looks like the two likely opponents would be either Quinnpipiac or Clarkson (yikes, not again!!!).
                SLU

Comment

I will be up north next weekend, as we have a 3 day weekend for school. I wouldn't mind a matchup with Quinni down here, if only to see atleast 2 more games.

Well, hopefully throwing a clunker against Brown will light a fire under the boys for the Clarkson game. I didn't watch or listen, especially once it was 2-0 Brown early. I was expecting some substitutions in the lineup last night, as I have to think the Yale game wore down some of the guys. Gotta keep plugging away and next weekend surely won't be easy, Union is on a tear right now, while RPI just got swept and will be hungry.

Comment

My guess is that Moss will get the start tuesday, Weninger has lost both of the Knights games this season.Muckieman told me that Moss put on a goal tenders clinic at Cornell last week and he did the same this week against Yale.Last night was just a letdown by the whole team against the best Brown team I have seen in a good many years. But don't listen to me,I picked Colgate for 4th and Dartmouth 9th in the pick the standings.Another thing I've noticed is our faceoffs are coming around,the first half of the season we were getting beat 2 to 1 and sometimes worse.People wondering why our PP was so bad, faceoff in their end and we would loss almost every one, they clear, and we have to go the length of the ice and come back, time after time, sure eats up a lot of time, Brian and I have talked about this for years. Lets hope the *A* team shows up tuesday night, we owe Clarkson big time-----
                    brashersaintsfan

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      Ditto!!!!!
                      It is always easier to play up and play ranked teams (not easy physically/talent wise) but mentally. The expectations are you will lose so the pressure is off. But when you play teams in the same neighborhood as you or lower.......that is where the character of a team can be revealed. We didn't pass the character test tonight.
                      It just takes that big win on Friday and turns it into an ordinary win because we didn't back it up with an effort against an opponent we could have/should have handled in our barn. Disappointing.
                      I sure hope they bring their "A" game and effort for Clarkson.
                      We got A's on every test on Friday night and didn't pass any tests Saturday night. We used so little, if any, energy on Saturday that we should have plenty for CCT. We looked like the best team in the country on Friday and the worst team in the country on Saturday. I'll never figure this game out. Officiating for both games was great IMO.

Mike, you are not alone. Aka Dartmouth several years ago for you, the CPD saw fit to give me a parking ticket within a block of Appleton on Fri. night. The SLUWAGON is bigger than we thought (the back portion, now named after Spaceman stuck out a little further than it should have when we parked it).

The Brown band sure sucked the life out of the SLU Student Section. I'm all for being an accommodating host, but why SLU put the opposing team's band right next to the Student Section is beyond me. That needs to be changed.

Tried to sit in the top row in the Section behind the Yale bench in the first period Fri. night but the Usher asked me to leave the virtually-vacant Section. Perhaps I'm a marked man because of Q'Pac.

Hope to see many of you on Tuesday. I promised the TL Crew, Spaceman, and my son I'd quit smoking if we beat CCT.

GO SAINTS!
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Muskieman,agree with you on the Brown band.The worst that has come into Appleton in years.Clarkson's is loud and gets carried away at times but you can understand what they're playing.Bring us a win Tuesday
                        brashersaintsfan

Comment

To heck with the hockey and the location of the Brown Band, I had a brain poop in my previous post and forgot to mention what really matters..............it was great to see Joe back on the bench this weekend and everybody, whether a SLU fan or not, is happy that he's feeling better.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post

I promised the TL Crew, Spaceman, and my son I'd quit smoking if we beat CCT.

GO SAINTS!
                            How about quitting for your health and for those who care about you?????!!!!!!!!!!
                            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                              How about quitting for your health and for those who care about you?????!!!!!!!!!!
                              I agree.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                                Muskieman,agree with you on the Brown band.The worst that has come into Appleton in years.Clarkson's is loud and gets carried away at times but you can understand what they're playing.Bring us a win Tuesday
                                That's really sad to hear. The Brown Band actually was able to add a lot to the Clarkson/Brown game despite showing up late - they brought 52 people (not sure how many instruments) and sounded pretty good with most of their songs. It was really nice to have them there with our students on break and a very small group of Clarkson bandies still there. In fact, I thought they sounded the best I've heard them sound in quite a while. I guess if SLU limited them to 25 instruments and they chose to bring in a bunch of flutes and clarinets instead of brass, that would have a major impact on their sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X