Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    ...... I'm guessing we will have to ramp it up a notch to get a "W" at Lynah. Cornell seems to be playing a bit better than they were earlier on and Lynah is never easy.
    If SLU can capitalize on their scoring chances (and they will get them against this Cornell team) they will win. Clarkson is the gang that can't shoot straight. Must have had 5 or more grade A chances that they missed the net (including DeFazio skating around Garmin and sliding the puck across the crease instead of into the net). Giving up 3 PP goals and a shortie will not win you many games.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Tough loss last night - we seem to be loosing ALL the close ones this year. I still feel if we can play 3 consistent periods of hockey we can be a force come playoff time. More importantly - any news on Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by number 16 View Post
        Tough loss last night - we seem to be loosing ALL the close ones this year. I still feel if we can play 3 consistent periods of hockey we can be a force come playoff time. More importantly - any news on Joe?
        Just thank goodness we aren't Colgate as they ARE REALLY losing all the tough one's although they finally got a "W" against Clarkson last night.
        I'm waiting for some in game reports from the Tupper Lake crew. I was supposed to make the road trip with them but I had an uncle pass away and the services are today.

Tough to lose on a PP in OT like that. Must have been a pretty egregious penalty to call something in OT. From the description it sounds like we got outplayed for big stretches of the game. That had to be our best weekend of Power Plays in quite some time though. Cornell has really turned their season around and that would have been a nice win (actually any win at Lynah is a nice win!!)

Dittto the sentiments on Joe. Hope things are OK.
        SLU

Comment

Sounded like a well played game in a tough house to always get a win at - more importantly hope things are okay with Joe. Next week should be interesting with Brown/Yale upstate - Brown is always tough regardless of where they are in the standings. I watched Yale vs. Dartmouth on the YES channel last night and they sure have an explosive offense this year. Mike sorry to hear the news about your uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            Just thank goodness we aren't Colgate as they ARE REALLY losing all the tough one's although they finally got a "W" against Clarkson last night.
            I'm waiting for some in game reports from the Tupper Lake crew. I was supposed to make the road trip with them but I had an uncle pass away and the services are today.

Tough to lose on a PP in OT like that. Must have been a pretty egregious penalty to call something in OT. From the description it sounds like we got outplayed for big stretches of the game. That had to be our best weekend of Power Plays in quite some time though. Cornell has really turned their season around and that would have been a nice win (actually any win at Lynah is a nice win!!)

Dittto the sentiments on Joe. Hope things are OK.
            Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. My best to you and your family. Also, my best to Joe for a return to good health soon.

I'll only comment on the Cornell game.....it was our best game of the year by far. We played our guts out and Moss put on a goaltending clinic. It was hockey at its very best in a great environment. I loved the Cornell band and fans screaming chants at us to "SIT DOWN" many times during the game.

Well, the SLUWAGON needs a plunger to hopefully fix the quite noticeable dent that now resides in the front hood. I guess the owner, who now has a very sore right hand, doesn't much like losing in OT.

Great road trip. Again, the guys played their guts out. Last comment - we are very, very deep in goal, are beginning to peak right now, and could go a very long way in the playoffs.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Tough loss Saturday, but on the other hand a split on that road trip is nothing to cry about. File that feeling away for future reference.

Special teams win playoff games.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post

I'll only comment on the Cornell game.....it was our best game of the year by far. We played our guts out and Moss put on a goaltending clinic. It was hockey at its very best in a great environment. I loved the Cornell band and fans screaming chants at us to "SIT DOWN" many times during the game.
                I just heard from Sara who said she heard the "SIT DOWN" chant more than once during the radio telecast and didn't understand why the Cornell fans were yelling that. She now knows why and who caused such to happen.

I love road games where the home-team's fans (in the case of Cornell, 4,200+) "hate" a few of us. It's stuff like that that keeps me coming back. Despite the outcome, Saturday night was as good as it gets. Can't even begin to imagine my life without SLU Hockey, and the many great friends, coaches, players, parents, and others, I've met because of SLU. Man, I'm so glad and lucky that I chose SLU over Clarkson in 1970.
                Last edited by Muskieman; 02-07-2011, 09:08 PM.
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                  Tough loss Saturday, but on the other hand a split on that road trip is nothing to cry about. File that feeling away for future reference.

Special teams win playoff games.
                  If we play like we did at Cornell, especially in goal, we will go deep into the playoffs. And, I'm speaking of this season and not a year or two down the road.

Moss played one of the greatest games in goal I've ever seen. Joe and staff now have a pleasant "problem" when it comes to deciding who gets the nod in nets for future games.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

Thanks to the crew that posted from Colg/Corn last week and to Dan for his continued excellent coverage - Posting clips from both games, podcasts, profiles...all great.
                    With Yale coming off zero points last weekend, this may not be what doctor ordered for our young team trying to right the ship, but it is what it is.
                    If they keep the PP and PK going and play like they played in the 1st period in New Haven last month, they can take Yale.
                    Methinks this is a huge game. With so many losses in rearview mirror, they need big wins to build on- no 2 point home weekends. Starts tonight.
                    Go Saints!

Comment

• Re: Muskieman Hall of Fame Moment and Other Musings

Guess what? Saints win!!!

They had to be almost perfect, and still needed a bit of luck there at the end. But they pulled it off. What a great effort from every single player.

Comment

Nice job, Saints!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

S-l-u!!!!
                          Last edited by Harp 34; 02-11-2011, 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

congrats great win.....and thank you

Comment

Nice win Saints, thanks for the help!

Comment

A great game to watch at Appleton last night. SLU came out flying and looked great. Time to take it to Brown as well tonight.
                                SLU '97

Comment

Working...
                                X