SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Looking forward to seeing some good hockey this weekend and glad to hear everything went well with Coach Marsh. Princeton/QU is always a tough matchup so I'm expecting both will be hard fought games. It stinks that we won't have our playmaker Flannagan for this weekend but I'm sure the team will still be confident they can win. This year's team has played well with all the new talent and despite their record they have been competitive in just about every game. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put together a string of W's in the second half, they have proven already that they can beat higher ranked teams on any given night.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
      Wow, thanks for the informative answer, freego et al.

I hope to see the ultra sheen again in AC.
      Credit to Dan Cassavaugh @ WDT:

SWEET SWEATERS

St. Lawrence's new sweaters are catching attention among fans around the league.

Every year, the Saints get a new set of home and away jerseys, which are selected by Marsh and Prier. Last year, the Saints sported sheen jerseys that shined brightly under the lights of Appleton Arena.

The problem was whenever a player went into the boards, the sheen would burn off, similar to a floor burn. In addition to the burn, nameplate letters began to peel off as the season progressed, making repairs a constant necessity.

This season, St. Lawrence sent the old jersey to Gemini, the company it uses for its jerseys, for alterations and the company instead offered new jerseys made from a similar, more durable material called "flow knit."

It has a brighter, sharper look, but with a stronger outer material. The material is in use by several professional teams.

Comment

Well, once again we are the underdogs for the weekend (even at home). I can't wait to get to Appleton tomorrow night. We had to pass on tonight s game since my wife drew a late afternoon proctoring assignment. I would love to see a sweep of Princeton and QU. Go Saints Go

Comment

• Re: Muskieman Hall of Fame Moment and Other Musings

Another close one. Sure would be nice to win a game! Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
            Maybe tomorrow.
            Nooooo!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Nooooo!
              Come on.........you have to let us win a game once in awhile. Q already has enough wins that they can wait until next weekend. I'm leery of tonights game and although I didn't see or hear last nights game reading the write ups I guess we have some concerns and questions marks. For one, Q will be on a high. Two, they will be looking to avenge the game we took from them at the Bank. Three.......I'm guessing Weninger wasn't on his game last night if he got pulled (or did Joe just pull him to shake the team up?)

Where are all the posters who were at the game???? Was looking for a report and didn't see one.

Dan C........thanks as always for picking up on the questions and being our ultimate source for things related to Saints Hockey.
              SLU

Comment

I was actually a little surprised that Moss came in at the start of the third. In my opinion all of PU scores were the result of poor defensive decisions and/or positioning on our part. That said, the refs were absolutly horrible. Things were so bad in the third period that Joe lost it and smashed a stick against the boards

Comment

Saints get a point!!!

(Gotta start somewhere.)

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                    Come on.........you have to let us win a game once in awhile.
                    We did... back on Dec 3rd!

Q already has enough wins that they can wait until next weekend.
                    One can never have enough wins... right?

I'm leery of tonights game
                    I was as well. We looked good in the first but the Saints came back in the 2nd and gave us a game. I actually thought we looked gassed towards the end of 2, and SLU looked like Ylae and found another gear. The 3rd was a little more even though I think we were outplayed overall.

For one, Q will be on a high.
                    The way we started you would have thought so but you guys never quit. You may not have the talent level or 4 solid lines, but there's a lot of promise on that team.

Saints get a point!!!
                    All in all, I think it was a fitting way to end the game. Both teams had chances and a few flubs but the game was very entertaining (thought the SLU video feed was a bit wacky at times and I lost audio repeatedly throughout). I'll take a 3 point road weekend anytime!

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully we won't meet again but this is the ECAC so who knows?
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      I was as well. We looked good in the first but the Saints came back in the 2nd and gave us a game. I actually thought we looked gassed towards the end of 2, and SLU looked like Ylae and found another gear. The 3rd was a little more even though I think we were outplayed overall.
                      Hey Mark!

Familiar story for SLU. Gadowsky thought his guys got outplayed last night, too . . . but all that matters is who puts more pucks in the net, and our guys just aren't getting it done in that department. Still, they can play. And I frankly don't much care what happens between now and March. If they keep on playing hard and keep getting better, the breaks have to start going our way sooner or later. No better time than the playoffs.

Comment

Hey Mark!

Familiar story for SLU. Gadowsky thought his guys got outplayed last night, too . . . but all that matters is who puts more pucks in the net, and our guys just aren't getting it done in that department. Still, they can play. And I frankly don't much care what happens between now and March. If they keep on playing hard and keep getting better, the breaks have to start going our way sooner or later. No better time than the playoffs.
                        Well Tim.......I always wondered what it was like to live in Vermont and now I know. I spent the day trying to make the driveway more manageable after another 15 inches of snow this week. Also bought a "Rupe Goldberg" contraption that Home Depot was selling for all of three dollars that trys to pass as a roof rake. They took a piece of PVC pipe and cut a piece of plywood they put on the end held on buy a couple of plumbing clamps. Quite ingenious and the price was right. My gutters are frozen over and I shovelled way more than I should have. The result? I fell asleep on the couch and missed the game.

Sounds like we played two good and strong games but only came away with one point. In spite of Mark Eagles optimism (sorry Mark ) but all the comments and reports I read said we outplayed both Q and the Tigers and came up short. I was surprised to hear Moss was in net. I wonder what's up with that?

Looking around the ECAC it looks like Ylae's bubble has burst. The Capital District is this year anyway, the hardest road trip in the ECAC. Did you see the stats on the Ylae game? They outshot RPI handily but lost and Rondeau got pulled. It's only a weekend and one game he got pulled but I have felt all along that things with Ylae and their goaltending were "fragile" and I hope this isn't the weekend everyone looks back on and says........that was the start of Rondeau's unsteadiness and falling apart. Hopefully he will rebound (except against us). I'm sure Ylae will drop like a rock in the Rankings and Union and RPI should move up. York must have played out of his mind as RPI got outshot 40-18.
                        SLU

Comment

I was surprised to hear Moss was in net. I wonder what's up with that?
                          Weninger didn't make the game due to a stomach bug. That said, Marsh told me Moss was getting the start regardless. He didn't say whether how Moss played last night -- 22 saves -- earned him more playing time next weekend.

Dan

Comment

Come on.........you have to let us win a game once in awhile. Q already has enough wins that they can wait until next weekend. I'm leery of tonights game and although I didn't see or hear last nights game reading the write ups I guess we have some concerns and questions marks. For one, Q will be on a high. Two, they will be looking to avenge the game we took from them at the Bank. Three.......I'm guessing Weninger wasn't on his game last night if he got pulled (or did Joe just pull him to shake the team up?)

Where are all the posters who were at the game???? Was looking for a report and didn't see one.

Dan C........thanks as always for picking up on the questions and being our ultimate source for things related to Saints Hockey.
                            The "Fab. 7" who were at Saturday's game......... Bryan, Eric, Jeff, Pat, and Trisch (most of the TL Crew), and Spaceman, and me ...........well we are all too exhausted to post right now as we expended a TON of energy after Bogo's supposed GWG was nullified. Three players, as well as President William Fox and "Braker", said to me after the game that they could hear us (hopefully, not the exact words) very clearly across the rink as we screamed from above the Q'Pac bench - I just hope that Bill couldn't read lips. And, Spaceman's sunglasses are no longer as they came to their final resting place. Well, we got Appleton really rocking during the waning seconds of regulation and throughout the OT, that's for sure. Enough said, for now, except for my final comment below.

On to Colgate and Cornell. Congrats. to the Saints on a well-deserved point they earned the hard way.

I haven't been this PO'd since '88. Why play continued at full speed for several seconds, and a goal was scored and THEN nullified, baffles me - got my money's worth, though, and wasn't alone. LOL.
                            Last edited by Muskieman; 01-31-2011, 01:00 PM.
                            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Posted a poll for ECAC's top freshman. You can vote more than once if you feel more than one player warrants a vote...every vote counts!

Comment

Wow.........an ECAC victory and not a single post. Where oh where have all the Saints Fans gone....long time passing!!!!

Didn't get to see or hear the game. Wound up opting for live hockey and went and watched Q Pac play RPI thanks to Mark Eagle. RPI looked very, very, sluggish. I haven't surfed the RPI thread but their season could be in jeopardy as York left the game with an injury. He got sandwiched between the net post and and RPI and Q Pac player (nothing dirty) and he was down on the ice for quite awhile. He left the ice not moving one leg. Haven't heard or read what the injury is but if they lose him their back up hasn't played much.

Sounds like the boys played well last night. I'm guessing the Tupper Lake crew plus Tayt and Muskieman are either recuperating from a tough night of celebrating or they don't have a laptop with them to post anything as I know they were all at the game.

Interesting that Moss was in net again. I'm guessing we will have to ramp it up a notch to get a "W" at Lynah. Cornell seems to be playing a bit better than they were earlier on and Lynah is never easy.
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X