SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

There appear to be some very differing opinions on the weekend. Other than falling asleep the first 30 seconds of the game vs. Brown, SLU played a very solid game on Friday. They had numerous opportunities but just couldn't put the puck in the net. SLU was the better team vs. Brown. BTW, there were as many SLU fans in Providence as Brown fans. Yale is the real deal. To beat them, SLU is going to have to capitalize on every opportunity, which they didn't. You can't make any mistakes vs. Yale, and have to stay out of the box. (Some of the calls were marginal at best.) As tough as the record is, SLU is getting better every game. The upside on this team, not in one or two years but now, is significant. So far, other than Yale, everyone in the ECAC can beat each other. I left with 4 minutes left to beat the traffic, so I missed the "incident". That is where Joe is really missed. Go Saints. Lots of hockey left.

Comment

Originally posted by Larriecat View Post
      There appear to be some very differing opinions on the weekend. Other than falling asleep the first 30 seconds of the game vs. Brown, SLU played a very solid game on Friday. They had numerous opportunities but just couldn't put the puck in the net. SLU was the better team vs. Brown. BTW, there were as many SLU fans in Providence as Brown fans. Yale is the real deal. To beat them, SLU is going to have to capitalize on every opportunity, which they didn't. You can't make any mistakes vs. Yale, and have to stay out of the box. (Some of the calls were marginal at best.) As tough as the record is, SLU is getting better every game. The upside on this team, not in one or two years but now, is significant. So far, other than Yale, everyone in the ECAC can beat each other. I left with 4 minutes left to beat the traffic, so I missed the "incident". That is where Joe is really missed. Go Saints. Lots of hockey left.
      Well, I don't want to sell this year's team short. They've had their moments for sure, and I think we're going to make somebody's life very interesting in the playoffs. But I can't wait to see these kids after they've played together for a couple of seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
        Well, I don't want to sell this year's team short. They've had their moments for sure, and I think we're going to make somebody's life very interesting in the playoffs. But I can't wait to see these kids after they've played together for a couple of seasons.
        The rate things have been going the past couple years, I don't think ANY team would want to be 5-8.

Comment

Just a reminder to all who plan on attending - the Q'Pac game on Saturday is scheduled to start at 4:00 pm.

We will be short one very talented forward for both games this weekend. A game DQ at Yale plus another game as ruled on and announced by the ECAC today.
          Last edited by Muskieman; 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
            Just a reminder to all who plan on attending - the Q'Pac game on Saturday is scheduled to start at 4:00 pm.

We will be short one very talented forward for both games this weekend. A game DQ at Yale plus another game as ruled on and announced by the ECAC today.
            Here is the official release from ECAC. Not one of Saint Lawrence's prouder moments.

League Issues Suspension
            ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey today announced that St. Lawrence senior forward Sean Flanagan has been assessed a one-game suspension, in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process, as the result of his actions in the St. Lawrence at Yale contest Saturday, January 22 at Ingalls Rink.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred with six seconds remaining in the third period of the Saints-Bulldogs contest. Flanagan was assessed a major penalty and game disqualification, which per NCAA ice hockey rules includes an automatic one-game suspension, by the on-ice officials.

Based upon the League’s action, Flanagan is not eligible to compete in St. Lawrence’s next two games. He shall fulfill the game disqualification penalty Friday when the Saints host Princeton, and serve the League-issued suspension Saturday when the Saints face Quinnipiac.
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Here is the official release from ECAC. Not one of Saint Lawrence's prouder moments.

League Issues Suspension
              ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey today announced that St. Lawrence senior forward Sean Flanagan has been assessed a one-game suspension, in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process, as the result of his actions in the St. Lawrence at Yale contest Saturday, January 22 at Ingalls Rink.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred with six seconds remaining in the third period of the Saints-Bulldogs contest. Flanagan was assessed a major penalty and game disqualification, which per NCAA ice hockey rules includes an automatic one-game suspension, by the on-ice officials.

Based upon the League’s action, Flanagan is not eligible to compete in St. Lawrence’s next two games. He shall fulfill the game disqualification penalty Friday when the Saints host Princeton, and serve the League-issued suspension Saturday when the Saints face Quinnipiac.
              Agreed, not one of SLU's prouder moments. Hopefully Sean Flanagan will learn a good lesson from this, like I did with with my DWI back in 2000 (yes, I'm, finally admitting it here and many of you already are aware of it) and turn a negative into a positive as I did. Can vividly remember telling Joe about it a few months later and he let me have it as he should have - will leave it at that.
              Last edited by Muskieman; 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM.
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Hey guys,

Joe Marsh was released from the hospital today. I have a brief story up on the blog and will have a longer story in the newspaper as part of my weekly notes/column on Friday.

http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/blogs05

Dan

Comment

Great news about my favorite ECAC coach, next to the guy in Schenectady, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUwriter View Post
                    Hey guys,

Joe Marsh was released from the hospital today. I have a brief story up on the blog and will have a longer story in the newspaper as part of my weekly notes/column on Friday.

Dan
                    This is good news indeed.

Comment

Question: are the jerseys SLU wore at Yale last weekend new? They looked more blood red, less cherry red than i remember and the logo on the front seems a bit smaller.

Regardless, they looked really sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUwriter View Post
                        Hey guys,

Dan
                        Wonderful news for Joe, his family, the team, and the countless number of people who respect and admire him.
                        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                          Question: are the jerseys SLU wore at Yale last weekend new? They looked more blood red, less cherry red than i remember and the logo on the front seems a bit smaller.

I'm pretty sure that we tweaked our road jerseys a bit before this season, but need help on this one. They do look sharp, though.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post

I know the road jersey's changed last year and I am not certain if there were any changes this year or if they are just a carryover. The big difference in the change last year was the material/uniform has more of a "glossy" Scarlet/Red to it and in previous years it was more of a "flat" color. The jersey's actually appear to have a "sheen" on them compared to the older one's.
                            Other than that we would need someone like Freego to weigh in.
                            SLU

Comment

The material is actually called 'ultra sheen' or 'dazzle' and we started using it last year. The material has been used by other teams, off and on, for quite a few years. I once had a Pete Lappin Kalamazoo Wings jersey from 90/91 that was ultra sheen. Michigan, Michigan State and Denver are a few teams that I remember using this material. And yes, they do look sharp.
                              Last edited by freego; 01-27-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the informative answer, freego et al.

I hope to see the ultra sheen again in AC.

Comment

Working...
                                X