Question to USCHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to USCHO

Why can't USCHO have links to Video, Audio, and Live Stats for the games that are being played??? If you go to D3football.com and go to scoreboard it will have all the games that are being played and next to those games will be a V, A, or LS next to them and all you have to do is click the letter and it will go directly to that link to view, hear or follow the games. SEE BELOW. It is alot easier than trying to find the schools website and find their links.

Just a question??

Example:
    Nov. 20 Washington and Lee No. 10 Thomas More 12:00 PM LS V A
    Nov. 20 No. 14 Bethel No. 11 Wartburg 2:00 PM LS V A

Re: Question to USCHO

That would be ideal ... but then again, when has USCHO ever catered to D-III?
    MCHA GURU: No. 13 over No. 4 in the 2009 T.O.P. ... PRICELESS

Comment

Fortunately,

Some of the awesome posters who start the scores threads do exactly that for us. Me, I'm gonna be at Kreitzberg tonight, and check back in here to see what happened around the country
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Me also
        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Hello USCHO?? Can this be done??

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
            Hello USCHO?? Can this be done??
            I would direct your question to Ed.Trefzger@uscho.com

He's the IT master of USCHO.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Ed's a good guy. If he can't pull it off, there's a very good reason why.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Ed's a good guy. If he can't pull it off, there's a very good reason why.
                Such as "USCHO doesn't care about D-III hockey so I can't get any staff to maintain these links," presumably.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                  Such as "USCHO doesn't care about D-III hockey so I can't get any staff to maintain these links," presumably.
                  Well, considering no one is getting paid much to do any of this I think this is rather uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Well, considering no one is getting paid much to do any of this I think this is rather uncalled for.
                    What he said....
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I did NOT take it as shot against Ed, quite to the contrary, I think it is an acknowledgement of reality, in fact, I think your comment "considering no one is getting paid much to do any of this" is really just a semantic twist to the same argument. I appreciate those who continue their “labor of love” enriching both USCHO and the fans. I also recognize and support those who reached the end of their rope at USCHO and felt their best contribution to the sport would be to move their efforts and talents to other venues. As others have said, sadly, DII/DIII is treated at best, as the unwanted stepchild by USCHO, jeers to those at USCHO who ignore the DII/DIII potential and cheers to Ed and all those who give their sincere best to provide what little USCHO does provide us.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        I did NOT take it as shot against Ed, quite to the contrary, I think it is an acknowledgement of reality, in fact, I think your comment "considering no one is getting paid much to do any of this" is really just a semantic twist to the same argument. I appreciate those who continue their “labor of love” enriching both USCHO and the fans. I also recognize and support those who reached the end of their rope at USCHO and felt their best contribution to the sport would be to move their efforts and talents to other venues. As others have said, sadly, DII/DIII is treated at best, as the unwanted stepchild by USCHO, jeers to those at USCHO who ignore the DII/DIII potential and cheers to Ed and all those who give their sincere best to provide what little USCHO does provide us.
                        I'm completely happy having a place where I can come for scores, weekly columns, blog posts, and a common place for all us to chat about the happenings in D-III hockey. Is there room for improvement and does D-I get more coverage than D-III?...absolutely but there is also reasons for that. Bigger fan base, bigger schools, and higher attention with media etc will have that effect.

Let's all think about where we would be right now if USCHO completely dropped D-III coverage. I wouldn't want to live in that world. I'll tell you that. What would we do without the forum?

I'm not just saying this as an employee of USCHO. It's how I truly feel. Agree disagree or indifferent there isn't anyone that can make a legitimate argument that we were better off 12 years ago without USCHO.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

It's not a dig at the guys working their butts off for this site. It's rather a criticism of the seemingly continuous D-III cutbacks.

I mean, really... when it takes several days to publish a single mention of the national championship because of a lack of editing staff / time, there's something wrong.

Yes - I still come here every day. Yes - I appreciate the hard work that people put into this site. Yes - I recognize that D-III doesn't generate the hits, revenue, nor interest of D-I, and I recognize that D-III SHOULD NOT get as much attention as D-I.

...but particularly in the West region, they've gone from having 2 writers covering 3 conferences to just 1 writer covering the largest geographical area in D-III hockey. Nothing against Larry O'Connor, but I have a hard time believing that he can get as in depth of a look as we've gotten in the past with TWO guys able to go and see things in person, rather than just one.

I'll even put my money where my mouth is on this one - if it means that there's more content available for D-III, or even a "D-III extras" site, I'm more than willing to pay.

But yeah - maybe that was an uncalled for dig by me.... and for that, I'll apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Let's all think about where we would be right now if USCHO completely dropped D-III coverage. I wouldn't want to live in that world. I'll tell you that. What would we do without the forum?
                            I certainly agree that having this forum provides us with information that we wouldn't otherwise have. The reality is that we do get more news here from the forum than we do from the DIII front page. I don't know given the realities of revenue, etc. that it is likely that we could get more coverage. I'm contributing to Webb's West site because I think it's an interesting experiment, and I'd love to see it succeed, and for somebody to start something similar for the East, but I know from communicating with Webb that there is a heck of a lot of work going on there.

I'm glad to see all the info we can get from all directions - knowledge is power!
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                              ... Yes - I recognize that D-III doesn't generate the hits, revenue, nor interest of D-I, and I recognize that D-III SHOULD NOT get as much attention as D-I...
                              Yes, you are totally correct on that point.
                              Last edited by norm1909; 12-02-2010, 11:19 AM.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X