Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whoa... Let's step back from the ledge.

Check it out, Chris Conner scores the game winner tonight against Florida. Click the little blue thing next to his name to watch the clip.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020305

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      with a keg of KBC
      and participating in Tune Up at the Gopher tailgate and making out with Quasi.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

while not buying 50-50 tickets from me
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

2nd page....not acceptable, i know it's break but come on

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
            2nd page....not acceptable, i know we suck but come on
            Fixed

Comment

Did anyone pay attention to stbnr this last weekend, how did he do,... will he play more? How about wit?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

**Hockey talk....skip to bottom if you don't care**

Stebner and Heinonen split games this weekend, never made a huge enough difference to notice them, never really saw much icetime...

Heinonen did get a +1 for friday night's game, Stebner at 0 for saturday night's game

Witt finally played on saturday night first game of the year, and posted a -1 with 1 shot on goal

Stebner and Heinonen will probably split time on that 3rd line with Brown (he seems to have solidified a place on that 3rd line, he's played the last 6 games in that spot) until Dorito is off his suspension

We're still likely to see lines get thrown all around again, I'm not expecting to see Gordic back on the 1st line until after CC

With these freshman scoring like they are...8 out of the 12 points from last weekend were freshman

I'd like to see Royer, Furne, and Johnstone on a line, Furne and Royer are your "all-around" players that know how to score and be physical, but you got Johnstone in there for his speed

And I think Rix, Holmberg, and McCadden has actually been a line before, and it seems to work great despite not having any older guys on that line

Expect Robo to start next Friday and see where we go from there

Also expect lots of line changes between the 2 games unless they put up more than 3 goals AND shutout CC

/hockeytalk

YAY TURKEY!!

Comment

interesting. I noticed that the freshmen seem to be well trusted and are coming thru.I especially like furne who has had his name called a lot.
                  Why robo? I thought genoe had separated himself and was the no 1 now.
                  I like the idea of royer in for gordic, but then where do you play him?

Comment

Does Dirk read these boards? Manure asks a question about Stebner and Dirk specifically asks Jamie about Stebner this morning. But he didn't ask about Witt.

This mornings drive time with Jamie:
                    Guys responded and were much better on Saturday moving our feet, much more solid in all three zones
                    Johnstone-Grodic-Furne all freshman line, was a bright spot on Friday, kept it intact on Sat.
                    Johnstone did a great job moving to the center position
                    Furne, great release on his shot
                    Getting some decent scoring from all three classes, we've been offensivly challenged last few yers, that leaves little margin for error
                    We need to tighten up defensive
                    Of top 6 forwards, 5 are freshman, when we pulled our goalie, 4 forwards were freshman
                    This week, no practice due to NCAA rules limitations, most of the guys have gone home and will get back Sunday, practice Monday afternoon
                    Stebner & Heinonen got some playing time, both did a good job, Happy with Pete's play, Stebner playign Sat. wasn't because Pete played poorly
                    Both guys will continue to rotate a spot through D core
                    Stebner needs some stregth, big guy, 6'4", needs some muscle for one on one battles, he works hard off the ice so it will come, he made good decisions on Sat.

Comment

With Olson out and Kattelus gone Rix, Holmberg, and McCadden cannot be a line unless we shorten the bench because Holmberg and McCadden are 2 of our remaining centers.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I went over and read the recaps of the cc games and the uno games just to see what we would be facing the next couple of weeks. CC has problems with speed and seems to get a lot of goals off rebounds. UNO's game is to pressure the puck very hard all over the ice and get the other team to cough it up. The only game uno was really out of was the blowout to michigan, so it appears that to beat uno you have to move the puck quickly, transition well, play solid D. I think to beat cc you also play real solid defense as DU did against them and transition quickly, especially on the breakout.

nothing on heisenberg's list lately at all.

Comment

A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there in Huskyland.

Comment

dittos on that Troll! I'm thankful for Michigan Tech Division I hockey and all the hard work that the coaches and players, the staff, the SDC folks, the students and the loyal alums and fans put into the program.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              dittos on that Troll! I'm thankful for Michigan Tech Division I hockey and all the hard work that the coaches and players, the staff, the SDC folks, the students and the loyal alums and fans put into the program.
                              amen. thanks to all for hard work, and thanks to huskyfan and Troll for posting it.

hmmm... so I notice that 50% of cc goals are on the power play. And that 3 guys have 50% as well.

Comment

So who is going to Nebraska for the 9th/10th? I am most likely going and a UMD fan (Michael Carroll) might go. That is all I know of so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X