Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We drive a covered wagon. It has a broken tongue and a broken wheel, but we lost all our spare parts and two oxen when we attempted to ford the Menominee River in early November. The entire fanbase has fallen ill with exhaustion, and the doctor turned out to be a banker with medical skill points.
    Nice Oregon Trail reference.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

since nothing much is going on...The greatest player I ever saw by a wide, wide margin.

I think he had 8 knee operations, and is on crutches today. The guy controlled a game completely.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyp8J...eature=related
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Did anyone else hear Drive Time? I thought Jamie's comment that of course the SCSU huskies were hitting their stride right as it's time to play the Tech Huskies came across as defeated and he's out of answers. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came across.

Comment

Chris Conner chipped in a goal and an assist during Pittsburgh's slaughter of the Lightning this evening.

In other news, Canada fudged the bed and gave up five third period goals to Russia to lose the WJC gold medal.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            Did anyone else hear Drive Time? I thought Jamie's comment that of course the SCSU huskies were hitting their stride right as it's time to play the Tech Huskies came across as defeated and he's out of answers. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came across.
            I heard it but I think it's mostly that dirk said it and coach simply agreed.I don't think he meant that he was out of answers, more that it was our bad luck to face a team just starting to jell, similar to several times already this year.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              since nothing much is going on...The greatest player I ever saw by a wide, wide margin.

I think he had 8 knee operations, and is on crutches today. The guy controlled a game completely.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyp8J...eature=related
              Love the "Flying Bobby" goal!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                Love the "Flying Bobby" goal!
                If that isn't THE most famous goal in hockey, it's absolutely one of the most famous.

Comment

You know I know that goal is the most famous, and it occurred in the cup finals, after he had had several knee operations already, but some of the goals he scored with one hand while being checked are better imho. And getting both teams to give him a standing ovation for one was pretty cool too.
                  In the video he is shown making Gordie Howe look bad, Maurice Richard look bad, Ken Dryden look bad, etc. Everyone looked bad when he was on the ice. His skating was so deceptive, and he only skated fast enough to beat whoever it was he was against. He had unbelievable acceleration and vision. Imagine, he sees Crozier out of the net from the other end, grabs the puck behind his own net, and voila.. goal.There are very few players even now that can shoot it in that quickly from that far away.
                  He completely changed the game, singlehandedly. Notice in the video, someone lined him up, but missed, which happened all the time. It was like God himself had decided to play hockey for a while. In one season of 76 games (I think.) He was plus 124 for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    If that isn't THE most famous goal in hockey, it's absolutely one of the most famous.
                    Or Eruzione's GWG on Feb. 22, 1980.
                    Granted, that was probably made more famous because of the movie...
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Or Eruzione's GWG on Feb. 22, 1980.
                      Granted, that was probably made more famous because of the movie...
                      just ask Eruzione!
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Go Huskies!

Comment

GO MTU Huskies

Comment

Huskeeeezz!!
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I see tyler becky's jock strap is at it again. Game day! I will miss the broadcast so fade write enough so I can catch up later ok?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I see tyler becky's jock strap is at it again. Game day! I will miss the broadcast so fade write enough so I can catch up later ok?
                                I will try, in-between searches for sarcastic imagery and profanity-laced rants to the hockey gods, to post the results of the Battle for the Root Cellar.

Comment

Working...
                                X