Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I see that gwoz has his post game comments filmed and put on the web. Wish we could do that, I really would like to see his face when he talks. And I wish He had a weekly press conference too. Not just 5 minutes on weds morning.If this is a high profile program, even in Houghton, then it needs to be a high profile program.
    Completely agree Manure.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Michigan and Michigan State football fans got to feel like Tech hockey fans yesterday.....

I hope Tech regroups and plays with focus, emphasis, and determination the rest of the year.

Go Tech!!!

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Michigan and Michigan State football fans got to feel like Tech hockey fans yesterday.....
        Big difference though - they made the postseason (no matter how much the BC$ sucks).

Comment

So here is what the SID should be doing. uh humm!.

film the coach after the games, you do the interview and ask questions the coach wants to answer. Call it the Jamie Russell show. You make this a 15 minute deal, every week. Have a hot female host if you like. Package it up and send it to all the cable outlets you can think of.( fed ex) They are desperate, really desperate for programming. you add highlights. they will run it. it's free.

2. make it available on the web site too, with an easy link so any recruit can find it. even cpz. in fact make a special link just for recruits, don't just use the perspective students link, that won't work.
          3.especially send it to home towns and to small towns where you are recruiting kids.
          4. make up nicknames for the players. Such as the 7 stones of granite, or the 4 horsemen, or some cool nickname for a goalie. You get the picture. Use those words in the show. you know... Like Josh, " Stonewall" Robinson. blah de blah.Show that save vs U of M.
          5. make a highlight show once a year and send it to select alumni and members of the blueline club. Same names, same hype.Schmooz them. tell them how important they are to the program, how nice the facility is etc.
          do other stuff too, not just this.

6. watch money come in. watch coach get more support. watch attendance rise.

I'm sure some of this get's done now, but you know what, it's not enough!
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Package it up and send it to all the cable outlets you can think of.( fed ex) They are desperate, really desperate for programming. you add highlights. they will run it. it's free.
            I can picture it now - the Jamie Russell Show, Wednesdays at 2 AM on the new Oprah Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I can picture it now - the Jamie Russell Show, Wednesdays at 2 AM on the new Oprah Channel.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                This
                except lot's and lot's of people are watching at 2 am. really!

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  except lot's and lot's of people are watching at 2 am. really!
                  Well, as long as it has a number and a website adress to go to donate to Tech Athletics, MTU would get a good amount of donations.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Just a note:

Was flying back from CO this weekend, and read the airline's mag. Had a feature on small towns/hidden treasures, etc. This edition was from last month, btw, so pretty new. They had Houghton/Hancock as part of the feature. They said:

(and I quote): "and Houghton has Michigan Technological University, who hosts a wonderful Winter Carnival [my note: true] and an ice hockey team worth watching."

Wha wha wha?!?!?!?!
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      (and I quote): "and Houghton has Michigan Technological University, who hosts a wonderful Winter Carnival [my note: true] and an ice hockey team worth watching."

Wha wha wha?!?!?!?!
                      Well, they are worth watching if you want to laugh your arse off.

Comment

So has anyone heard a peep out of when royer might actually be back?, second did anyone notice that St lawrence just beat UNH? third, I think the big ice might actually help us for a change,, comments?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I think the big ice might actually help us for a change,, comments?
                          A big ice sheet and a Jamie coached team do not mix very well.

Comment

Agreed, however with our coming out of the zone problems, a big ice sheet would make it easier. So given that they work on this issue this week and that there is more room, I figure they will come out better, meaning they give up fewer chances and have more offense. The canadians played the defensive game jamie dreams of last night and dominated a very fast US team. I don't see st cloud as near as good at pressuring the puck on this ice sheet as michigan/ michigan state was a week ago, and I don't think we will be outskated.So that's the logic at least...plus they have experience on a big sheet already this year against an arguably better wisconsin team.

Comment

not going to the games but will be listening via the intrawebs. and probably drinking. I hate the games at St Cloud. we have gone so often and have never seen a win. never even close. the arena is cold and the seats where the Tech fans sit have no backs. the only interesting things were Tom Kaimen beating the crap out of some hapless SCSU player and the "Hey, Over Here" incident. St Cloud is our achilles heel.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

The only thing that bugged me about the two trips I made to St. Cloud, other than Tech's inability to play hockey, was the wide ice sheet. Coupled with the upper corner benches where they stick visiting fans, I felt like I was a mile from the zone that Tech "defends" for two periods. Of course, that was likely a good thing, and it did put us within shouting distance of their goalie for two periods (not that it ever did much good, but still).

Comment

Working...
                                X