Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Well, then you old farts can just relax and let us kids do the complaining and rioting.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Well, then you old farts can just relax and let us kids do the complaining and rioting.
      as it should be!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        as it should be!
        Like you wouldn't turn down a good riot.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Westgarth got his rematch tonight.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XxuC3okvv8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XxuC3okvv8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

one thing that was said I totally agree with, we need to recruit better players.I think we are doing that. I disagree that they would not choose Houghton. They have chosen Houghton before and they can choose Houghton again. No it's not perfect, but the place that kid is from is not perfect either. Far from it.

If we sell the benefits correctly and provide a quality product, And I mean quality all the way, we will be competitive with anyone.
            Second, I understand the frustration, but try to do something that builds the program, tearing it down, even on the boards, IMHO is hurting the program.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by pbr View Post
              http://wingsstadium.com/news/2010/12...ap_Reading.htm
              Speaking of Trent Daavettila, he's got a pretty nice scoring streak going on.
              That may be true, but playing for the K-Wings (or any team in the ECHL for that matter) is one step above bagging produce at the local food mart. There are guys who play for years in the AHL and never get a sniff of the NHL. The only real question for guys in the ECHL is how long they stick around before they realize they are not going to the NHL and they bolt for Europe.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

At least the ECHL isn't the CHL (Central Hockey League). At least with the ECHL you still have hopes of catching on with an AHL club.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  That may be true, but playing for the K-Wings (or any team in the ECHL for that matter) is one step above bagging produce at the local food mart. There are guys who play for years in the AHL and never get a sniff of the NHL. The only real question for guys in the ECHL is how long they stick around before they realize they are not going to the NHL and they bolt for Europe.

Ryan J
                  I don't know why you all keep bringing up Trent Daavetila, it only makes you and the current coaching staff (excluding Whitten) look like idiots; but seeing you did I'll remind you again of how he's doing post college compared to a bunch of other former college players (and two more of whom we're all familiar with). Most of whom I remember were impact players on teams that regularly lit up Tech. And if you didn't notice, he leads the bunch.

Your post may have some relevance if we were discussing players chances of making to it the NHL. But seeing were talking college hockey and more specifically Tech hockey, it borders on asinine. Keep up the good work, your credibility is sky rocketing.

Scoring Leader # GP G A P PIM College
                  20 Trent Daavettila Kalamazoo Wings 26 9 15 24 14
                  21 Ben Gordon Reading Royals 27 9 15 24 UMINN
                  29 Milan Gajic Victoria Salmon Kings 28 8 14 22 16 UM
                  35 Jimmy Kilpatrick Greenville Road Warriors 20 6 15 21 14 CC
                  140 Casey Pierro-Zabotel Wheeling Nailers 22 6 5 11 27
                  177 Rylan Kaip Bakersfield Condors 17 8 1 9 32 UND
                  185 * Tyler Ruegsegger Utah Grizzlies 22 4 5 9 8 DU
                  263 Dan Bertram Las Vegas Wranglers 22 2 4 6 35 BC
                  311 Junior Lessard Idaho Steelheads 7 3 1 4 4 UMD
                  312 Jake Hauswirth South Carolina Stingrays 17 3 1 4 2
                  Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 12-20-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    At least the ECHL isn't the CHL (Central Hockey League). At least with the ECHL you still have hopes of catching on with an AHL club.
                    Yeah, if you end up in the CHL, you may end up in a place like Odessa, TX. From my personal experience of living there for 10 months, if you want to end up in a place that has infintely less to do that Houghton, you end up in that part of West Texas. Also, when half of the people only seem to speak Spanish, you realize that you really aren't in a place that they should be playing hockey.

Of course, I haven't looked at the roster since I left back in June. Apparently there is a Malcom Gwilliam listed on the roster. If only there was a Tech player on the roster last year, I would have made the 1.2 mile trek down to the Ector County Colloseum.
                    ----

I have to disagree with JSR on this one as well. It does no good to look at a player that didn't go to Tech, or to look at the two "Russell's lost saviors". Why do we want to concentrate on the players that either cannot get into this school, or who obviously do not want to be here? Even if a player has ties to the area, that does not automatically mean that Tech is a good fit for the player, or vice-versa. I know nothing about the Trent situation, but really, would one player have made that much of a difference on this team?

We seem to do pretty well at bringing players in. We just aren't that strong at developing them beyond the freshman year.
                    Philbert
                    ---------------
                    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

I have thought about doing something like this in the past, he beat me to it but makes good points. Attendance in the second half will fall right along side the team.

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5004

To the editor:

There are many local hockey fans who no longer attend the Michigan Tech games. These are diehard fans who do not want to waste their time and money to watch a losing program.

The coaching system is not working and after 6.5 years, it is truly time for a change. The excuses in The Daily Mining Gazette are getting old. As you watch the power play, the same one over and over again, where the puck is dumped in the end zone, you wonder what will happen next. Fans know your power play as it has not changed and it is likely the defenders know it well, too.

There are many talented hockey players and fine young men on the team.

We read about their pedigree prior to their arrival, yet the coaching system is broken.

I think the fans have spoken loud and clear as most will notice the increasing empty seats as the years and the season goes on.

In fact, even prime seats are empty. And the blame of the players on the radio during the tied game was really the straw that broke the camel's back in prompting this letter to the community.

After talking to many of my friends, those that still gut it out because the socializing might be fun, they too will be cutting their losses next year and not be purchasing tickets if the (losing) era does not end.

Kudos to the other sports teams who continue to bring great entertainment to Michigan Tech fans.

Let's create the future and reinvent the hockey program with a new system.

D.M. JOHNSON

Chassell

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
                        I have thought about doing something like this in the past, he beat me to it but makes good points. Attendance in the second half will fall right along side the team.

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5004

To the editor:

There are many local hockey fans who no longer attend the Michigan Tech games. These are diehard fans who do not want to waste their time and money to watch a losing program.

The coaching system is not working and after 6.5 years, it is truly time for a change. The excuses in The Daily Mining Gazette are getting old. As you watch the power play, the same one over and over again, where the puck is dumped in the end zone, you wonder what will happen next. Fans know your power play as it has not changed and it is likely the defenders know it well, too.

There are many talented hockey players and fine young men on the team.

We read about their pedigree prior to their arrival, yet the coaching system is broken.

I think the fans have spoken loud and clear as most will notice the increasing empty seats as the years and the season goes on.

In fact, even prime seats are empty. And the blame of the players on the radio during the tied game was really the straw that broke the camel's back in prompting this letter to the community.

After talking to many of my friends, those that still gut it out because the socializing might be fun, they too will be cutting their losses next year and not be purchasing tickets if the (losing) era does not end.

Kudos to the other sports teams who continue to bring great entertainment to Michigan Tech fans.

Let's create the future and reinvent the hockey program with a new system.

D.M. JOHNSON

Chassell

She

And unfortunately, there is no reason to think that she won't be right.

Comment

While one player might not make a difference, the big issue has been the lack of depth.
                          We had a little more at the beginning of the year and schooley and kattelus were playing fairly well very early. Though one player might not matter, I think overall three players or four players would make a difference.
                          To wit: line 1, baker, olson, and gordic, next year, along with mccadden, johnstone, rix, on the second line. Then we have Holmberg, McCloud, Furne on the third. And three freshmen on the forth. ( leaving several players on the depth chart)
                          so really what we are in need of right now it seems to me, is two solid d men.

Look at it this way, we beat and tied nmu with most of this year's roster. Our early wins are all against teams that are around 500 right now, so in my mind those players we lost were indeed making a difference.
                          Not to make excuses, and I don't really understand why we seem not to get better, but we could be a lot better next year.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Not to make excuses, and I don't really understand why we seem not to get better, but we could be a lot better next year.
                            Indeed. I've given up hope on this season being memorable for any good reason, but if Baker and Olson are full speed, well, Kero is bumping the top ten in scoring as a USHL rookie with a +9, Fillion is the top (second?)-scoring D-man in the BCHL, D. Johnstone is better than Jacob, also near top ten in BCHL... there are a lot of good things to come.
                            I'd give coach Russell a chance to incorporate some flexibility training and see if we can keep these guys upright next year.
                            In the meantime, I know it's true that the players read these comments. No reason to think potential recruits don't read them as well.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

On a lighter note, some international media attention (in a good way) for Michigan Tech; Here is a Canadian article that discusses hockey in Las Vegas and has a lengthy interview with Bryce Reddick's dad, Pokey.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.c...aspx?e=2897743
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

- Oh Michigan Tech ... I wish you could turn things around. I’m also pretty sure your fans weren’t happy seeing you fall 6–2 to your UP rivals.

- With the loss, the Huskies saw their losing streak extend to 11 games.

hey at least they're still mentioning us in the weekly blog

Comment

Working...
                                X