Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Tech's demise the past 3 seasons is injuries and malcontents.
    This is the main item that needs to be addressed as the probability of 3 straight occurrences is beyond belief.
    I used to be embarrassed with 8 win seasons as the norm....Now 8 winswould seemingly be somewhat positive.
    The team's goal should be .500 or better every season. Period!
    6-2 to NMU is not a good sign. Any hockey team that cares would circle the wagons and make this a one goal game and only go down fighting.

I have not bought G.L.I. tickets yet and am considering passing at this point as I have my son's hockey to keep me busy.

Kattelus and Schooley, You really tick me off. Selfish idiots....
    Play all your life to get a chance at NCAA DIV 1 and you throw it away.....

When you look at what should be and what actually is ----it is not hard to see how undermanned the team is trying to perform under.
    For 3 straight years, Tech has had to face this.... I feel so bad for Coach Russell as he has to be bewildered beyond reason. If he had a root cause, he probably would have fixed by year 3. No doubt this will cost him.

What should be going into the GLI What has transpired (***)

1. Royer Olson Gordic 1.Furne Rix Gordic
    2. Baker Kattelus MacLeod 2. Pietila McCadden Johnstone
    3. Furne Holmberg Johnstone 3. Lickteig Holmberg MacLeod
    4. Pietila Rix Schooley 4. L'Esperance Witt Reddick

1. Cousens Seigo Cousens Seigo
    2. Doriott Nielsen Sova Nielsen
    3. Brown/Stebner Sova Stebner Heinonen

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I bet Trent Daavettila would've lead this program back to glory. Right, Trent's dad?

Comment

You know what we need? A nice solid, reliable line. Next game we need to start Kattelus, Schooley, and Soley.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          You know what we need? A nice solid, reliable line. Next game we need to start Conner, Murphy, and Desmet.
          You have about as much chance as seeing these guys.
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Re: The GLI - All About Recruiting?

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I think this ought to be about enhancing our recruiting efforts and bringing in western teams to me doesn't help.
            I think this has been discussed before, but I don't think the GLI has much to do with recruiting. Best case for the GLI is making sure Michigan State and Michigan are in the Championship game to bring in the TV ratings.

If MTU wants a tourney for recruiting and PR, start their own tourney and invite a "diverse" field that changes every year. One team from the bottom half of the ECAC, CCHA, and AH each season. Stack the deck in your favor and hopefully Tech wins the tourney 75% of the time. Host the tourney in Green Bay the first few years and if attendance merits, move it to Chicago.

You may not agree with leaving the GLI, but I think most folk are also tired of taking fourth at the GLI 75% of the time as well. Time to think outside the box.

Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: The GLI - All About Recruiting?

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              I think this has been discussed before, but I don't think the GLI has much to do with recruiting. Best case for the GLI is making sure Michigan State and Michigan are in the Championship game to bring in the TV ratings.

If MTU wants a tourney for recruiting and PR, start their own tourney and invite a "diverse" field that changes every year. One team from the bottom half of the ECAC, CCHA, and AH each season. Stack the deck in your favor and hopefully Tech wins the tourney 75% of the time. Host the tourney in Green Bay the first few years and if attendance merits, move it to Chicago.

You may not agree with leaving the GLI, but I think most folk are also tired of taking fourth at the GLI 75% of the time as well. Time to think outside the box.

Ryan J
              Tech already started their own tourny -- way back in '65 -- I think it was called...the GLI. The last time I checked Tech is still the host of the GLI. The worst thing they ever did (as far the GLI is concerened) was "letting" Michigan become co-host, because all they ever do is invite MSU. And yes, that is all about the money.

From what I've heard out of the Athletic Department, I would say tech has no plans on leaving the GLI. They seem to have big plans, and big changes, instore for it's future.

Comment

Michigan Tech as a whole is suffering from a severe inferiority complex. From the fact that they can't just be a successful engineering school for white males (who happen to be the majority of the people who actually want to suffer through a UP winter for a predominantly male field, face it) to the fact that their athletics programs think they need to operate like they have a base of 30,000+ students and the resultant alumni that actually care about giving large sums of money. Unfortunately, you can't run a mom-and-pop coffee shop like its Starbucks, yet no one at MTU seems to get that, and while I appreciate their best efforts, it isn't working on all fronts, and hopefully someone realizes that sometime soon. Maybe it doesn't require firing Jamie Russell, but maybe instead of trying to find that non-existent world-class star who will settle from playing at Tech for god-knows-what reason, we focus on getting guys who know the fundamentals and can play as a team, and like the coaching staff for that reason. Jamie keeps preaching the "blue collar team" and all that baloney, but it really hasn't shown, the work ethic and grit and all, at least to me, since 2007...
                @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Well I'm sure no one is happy, least of all Jamie Russell. I like the coach and I like the system and I like that it appears he has finally got going on better recruiting.( and I disagree that GLi is not about recruiting, it is all about recruiting IMHO, especially since we announced we are spending more time recruiting in Michigan. You think those perspective kids don't go to GLI?.)
                  On the down side, we see loss after loss, the team doesn't seem to improve all that much and we have the rumor mill in full swing.....

So what I am going to do.... is stay out the mob, and try to do something positive for the program. I'm going to games, I'm letting them know I support them and I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I see no benefit to I told you so's etc.
                  What the AD does at the end of the year, well the AD does. it's not up to me.Yes I have my opinions but they are not informed and so don't mean much.

I don't know how many wins they'll end up with, it depends on how they do when royer and olson come back, but I sure hope they get some, and start getting better even a little at a time.
                  St lawrence is not terrible btw. Check out how UVM did against DU.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                    maybe instead of trying to find that non-existent world-class star who will settle from playing at Tech for god-knows-what reason, we focus on getting guys who know the fundamentals and can play as a team, and like the coaching staff for that reason. Jamie keeps preaching the "blue collar team" and all that baloney, but it really hasn't shown, the work ethic and grit and all, at least to me, since 2007...
                    I'm pretty sure you've missed the mark. Obviously your last sentence is accurate but one thing this staff hasn't done is gone after the top players, rather they've saved their energy on lower-tier players they think they could get. A lot of people think they should be trying to get better players in the first place.
                    Here's my question. With the lineup decimated as it is, did anyone really expect a win vs. NMU? Face it, this year is a lost cause. I'm hoping the comeback starts around winter carnival with some key players back.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I bet Trent Daavettila would've lead this program back to glory. Right, Trent's dad?
                      You couldn't be farther off the mark. I am not Trent D's Dad....

I was referring to the fact that watching Mite Hockey is more enjoyable than Michigan Tech the past 3 years......

Come on Huskies, play with pride at the GLI. Full out effort for 60 minutes....
                      The alumni will be there to support, but you have to at least give them that.

To play in the WCHA, the injuries and malcontent situations must be addressed.
                      It can't be allowed to happen again to the program, they need to begin full out root cause discussions and corrective actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        You couldn't be farther off the mark. I am not Trent D's Dad....

I was referring to the fact that watching Mite Hockey is more enjoyable than Michigan Tech the past 3 years......

Come on Huskies, play with pride at the GLI. Full out effort for 60 minutes....
                        The alumni will be there to support, but you have to at least give them that.

To play in the WCHA, the injuries and malcontent situations must be addressed.
                        It can't be allowed to happen again to the program, they need to begin full out root cause discussions and corrective actions.
                        I believe John_Scott_Rocks is the guy FtB&G thinks is Trent's Dad?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I believe John_Scott_Rocks is the guy FtB&G thinks is Trent's Dad?
                          Yes. No offense intended, Huskiefan.

Comment

http://wingsstadium.com/news/2010/12...ap_Reading.htm

Speaking of Trent Daavettila, he's got a pretty nice scoring streak going on.

Comment

Oops My bad.....

Can Tech manage a gut check of epic proportions at the GLI.

No one can stomach a beating at the hands of UM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                W

So what I am going to do.... is stay out the mob, and try to do something positive for the program. I'm going to games, I'm letting them know I support them and I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I see no benefit to I told you so's etc.
                                What the AD does at the end of the year, well the AD does. it's not up to me.Yes I have my opinions but they are not informed and so don't mean much.
                                this. what John said.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X