Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Attendance was definitely down last year. They've been hitting the ads pretty hard on local TV.
    I note too that CC was here just 5 years ago and that st cloud is coming in two years. Personally I'd prefer an eastern team.Maine, Vermont, BU, UNH, Even Provenced, or heaven forbid an ECAC team. All would be better than the ho hum WCHA teams,And I would think, would bring in more revenue too. I think this ought to be about enhancing our recruiting efforts and bringing in western teams to me doesn't help.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I think they have tried to bring in more eastern teams lately. UNH, Harvard, {PROVICED, and RPI are all "east" . It was supposed to be BU this year, but they backed out over the summer for reasons not fully understood, so CC agreed to come on short notice. BC will be in it next year.

Comment

Just got warned by USCHO for "trolling" JSR. Fair enough, I suppose.

Comment

Did you throw breakfast food at him?
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
            Did you throw breakfast food at him?
            Nope, I decided enough is enough, and with the GLI coming up I figured we could get a head start, so I reported him, with the idea that they will at least keep an eye on him (now that they appear to have hired a couple people who will actually respond to complaints). Board objected to my calling him a "twatwaffle". Like I said, fair enough.

Comment

Nope, I decided enough is enough, and with the GLI coming up I figured we could get a head start, so I reported him, with the idea that they will at least keep an eye on him (now that they appear to have hired a couple people who will actually respond to complaints). Board objected to my calling him a "twatwaffle". Like I said, fair enough.
              Hm, fair enough indeed.

Remind me not to say the "p**c*ke" word anytime soon though.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

don't report on JSR! He's like half my personality.
                I've got a miniature JSR on one shoulder, and a little huskyfan on the other, and they keep whispering me things about the hockey team. This is why I'm insane.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Most of the Misfit/honorary Misfit/USCHO poster attendees buy the cheap tickets and tend to congregate one section over from the pep band (I think it's section 202b, 203a, or something like that).

I'm pretty sure those of us who are going will be hard to miss. Beer will be consumed, and obnoxious cheers performed (sarcastic if deemed necessary).
                  That's pretty much my plan for the GLI. Probaly only going to do wednesday night though.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    That's pretty much my plan for the GLI. Probaly only going to do wednesday night though.
                    I'm doing what I did last year - day one with the Misfits/Tech fans, day two with some high school friends who went to UM/MSU/Purdon't/other institutions.

Comment

Surprise, surprise - David is Jacob's younger bro. Never would've guessed.

He's committed for 2012. You can also add Justin Fillion to our list of 2011 recruits.
                      If he plays as hard as his older brother, that's ok with me.

Comment

From today's Mining Gazette- Letter to the editor's section:Hockey excuses getting old
                        December 17, 2010
                        Save |
                        To the editor:

There are many local hockey fans who no longer attend the Michigan Tech games. These are diehard fans who do not want to waste their time and money to watch a losing program.

The coaching system is not working and after 6.5 years, it is truly time for a change. The excuses in The Daily Mining Gazette are getting old. As you watch the power play, the same one over and over again, where the puck is dumped in the end zone, you wonder what will happen next. Fans know your power play as it has not changed and it is likely the defenders know it well, too.

There are many talented hockey players and fine young men on the team.

We read about their pedigree prior to their arrival, yet the coaching system is broken.

I think the fans have spoken loud and clear as most will notice the increasing empty seats as the years and the season goes on.

In fact, even prime seats are empty. And the blame of the players on the radio during the tied game was really the straw that broke the camel's back in prompting this letter to the community.

After talking to many of my friends, those that still gut it out because the socializing might be fun, they too will be cutting their losses next year and not be purchasing tickets if the (losing) era does not end.

Kudos to the other sports teams who continue to bring great entertainment to Michigan Tech fans.

Let's create the future and reinvent the hockey program with a new system.

D.M. JOHNSON

Chassell

I hope someone in the administration at Michigan Tech is reading how fed-up the local's are getting about the hockey team. Many, I think feel the same and change is needed. Why wait till the end of the season. This losing has gone on far too long. It must have an effect on the guys playing in the program. I have heard many from out of the area say, "What are they waiting for up in Houghton"? I agree with them. Hope they make a change soon.......
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

It was supposed to be BU this year, but they backed out over the summer for reasons not fully understood,
                          Jack Parker hates the PK Ditty.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

It makes zero sense to fire Russell until the season is over, and it would be a classless move by the administration to do so. It would also send a bad message to anyone who might be interested in the position if it were to become available.

The only time you fire a coach in midseason is if he violates NCAA rules or the school's code of conduct.

Comment

It makes zero sense to fire Russell until the season is over, and it would be a classless move by the administration to do so. It would also send a bad message to anyone who might be interested in the position if it were to become available.

The only time you fire a coach in midseason is if he violates NCAA rules or the school's code of conduct.
                              True enough. I do suspect that if things don't improve after GLI, you'll see Russell write his own letter of resignation (effective at the end of the season) rather than have it publicly forced from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                                True enough. I do suspect that if things don't improve after GLI, you'll see Russell write his own letter of resignation (effective at the end of the season) rather than have it publicly forced from him.
                                Not sure about the resignation, but I tend to think that if they finish 4th at the GLI, which is one of the largest alumni events of the year, the writing will be on the wall regardless of any second half improvement. Even 3rd place may not be enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X