Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

NMU Pick to Click against the Huskies. Now is your chance to ruin the hopes and dreams of someone's PtC title chances along with NMU's Pairwise!
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      I couldn't get pasty.net to load this morning and it looks like it still isn't working. So no drive time update from me.
      why do they have that show in the middle of the night?
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        why do they have that show in the middle of the night?
        truth to that!
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

yeah...why can't be during the "drive home from work" instead of the drive to work...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Was going to post a Big John sighting, but yesterday was bad. Big John won that fight and showed he was a gentleman when he had Koci's sweater over his head he stop hitting and let the linesmen break up the fight.

aparch you are not doing a good job of reporting on Big John for us. When did he start playing forward. He as listed as a left wing and I saw on three face off that he did setup at that spot.

Comment

Here's what the Huskies ought to do at GLI if we get Michigan, start a fight six seconds into the game:

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                aparch you are not doing a good job of reporting on Big John for us. When did he start playing forward. He as listed as a left wing and I saw on three face off that he did setup at that spot.
                Just because I live in the area doesn't mean I'm going to provide in depth reporting.

If there is one team I care less about than the Huskies, it's the Blackhawks. Having a Tech alum on the Blackhawks means I really don't care.

To answer your question though, the Minnesota Wild/Houston Aeros wanted him to work on his skating a few years back. So they put him in the lineup as a forward (less defensive responsibility, learn to skate better). It worked with some success, so they moved him back to D before his big show call up.

With the Blackhawks, they moved him to wing because their defense has looked worse than MTU's. When your best D-men (Sharp, Seabrook, Super Nintendo Hjalmarsson*) are a collective minus 19, something's wrong. Having second line guys in Kane/Sharp/Kopecky all minus doesn't make playing defense any easier either. So they moved Scott to forward to prevent him from being a giant defensive liability.

I would be more than happy to provide YouTube clips from the Blackhawks/Wings game where John Scott tripped over his own feet causing the game winning goal for the Red Wings.

*Bonus points if anyone can catch the reference (and saying Yahoo's Puck Daddy doesn't count)
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

superintendent chalmers?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                    Here's what the Huskies ought to do at GLI if we get Michigan, start a fight six seconds into the game:

It looked like Fight Night at the Joe there. Guessing the team in white and red was the home team?
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

ok, more memories. Right after I graduated I ended up in Newport News ,VA and they had the Hampton Gulls, a farm team for the wha. They were in the southern league.
                      Well they had this guy named Curt Brackenbury. The guy couldn't skate, couldn't shoot but he could really fight. One day he started a fight in less than 6 seconds.The puck dropped and he was the right wing, dropped his gloves as the ref was dropping the puck and jumped on the other team's winger.I'd guess 1 second in. He ended up with the minnesota fighting saints.He's all over youtube.

As far as ex MTU players. The best fighter I ever saw was John Grisdale, (now the commissioner of the BCHL. He could also play btw)

Having said all this, I think boh is dead wrong.
                      Still I miss the more physical play the western teams used to have. The new rules..., well to be politically correct... It gives an advantage to the eastern Yale and BC type teams with a lot of quickness and disadvantages big physical teams like Tech and und. It used to be that no one on the other team really dared to go behind our net chasing the puck. Sure I love skating and passing too, .. and sure guys get hurt... still... it's a different game now,.. I hate to see big teams disadvantaged just because they happen to be big. The rules make it difficult for big team to use the advantages they have and easy for small teams to use theirs.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/V...CLID=205055675

New Guy
                        Freshman forward Alan L’Esperance has joined the team. The Brighton, Mich., native was an all-state honorable mention selection at Brighton High School.

Comment

That's just...special.

And his first game is going to be a roadie at the Berry, where he will probably see significant playing time. This is scary.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Ex Portage Lake Pioneer as well, it appears.

Comment

So do we infer from this addition that some of the walking wounded will not play?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tech might as well just field a whole team of related people from Houghton/Hancock/Calumet/etc and Brighton...Probably wouldn't be any worse than now, and wouldn't be hard to do. Nevermind the fact that John Kivisto's family cheering section took up pretty much an entire section of seats by themselves
                                @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                                I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Working...
                                X